PDA

View Full Version : Mini Trip Report/Restaurant Report: Redd Rockett's Pizza Port 3/9/06

adriennek
03-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Today at noon, we headed for Redd Rockett's for Lunch. Yes, I know, we were a little nuts. But we were hungry.

And so we arrived: Two moms, four kids, a wheelchair, an ECV, and a double stroller. And it was crowded. And the kids were hungry (and you know how kids get when they're hungry...)

Mammasilva didn't even mess around: She went straight to a cash register and asked if there was a CM who could help us. Shortly, S arrived offering to gather our food. We told her what hot food we wanted and she was off to get 2 to 3 meals at a time. I worked on the salads, while another CM made sure I got all the dressings we needed. Then came L. L helped with our drinks while S finished gathering our food. In no time, we had several trays filled with food lined up at a register!

While I paid for our food, L grabbed J & J. The three of them carried our trays while L stopped and grabbed straws, napkins and utensils for us! Pretty soon we were outside on the lower patio (my favorite place to sit.) I followed pushing Miss B in her wheelchair, Mammasilva was in her ECV and my eldest son pushed the stroller. The three CMs grabbed three tables, moved away the chairs, pushed the tables together and in no time had our trays laid out.

I think we must've said Thank You 100 times. We never had to ask for anything. The CMs did everything for us without asking what we needed. They were all very friendly. They had smiles and their faces and were just as gracious as they could possibly be. I cannot tell you how helpful they were in what could have been a stressful situation!

Before we left, I found a manager to thank her. And later in the afternoon, I stopped by City Hall to file a compliment.

To the staff of Redd Rockett's wherever you are: THANK YOU.

And to anyone who's looking for a meal at Disneyland where you'll get first class service: Seriously consider Redd Rockett's. They've got it DOWN.

Adrienne
Note: In my two trips this week, we've met with several wonderful CMs at many restaurants, so if you can't make it to RR, I'm sure you'll find it elsewhere too, but MAN, RR STEPPED UP to the plate today!!!

03-10-2006, 06:20 AM
Now this is the kind of thing that made Disneyland customer service so legendary. And the food at Redd Rockett's is nice, too.

rentayenta
03-10-2006, 07:07 AM
Its nice when the CMs get it and have time to help. I have always liked Redd Rockett's- the service, food, and the value rock!

When we were at DL two Decembers ago, I had a similar experience at The French Market. DH was saving a table with DS and the girls were with me. It was during the Zero bowl promo too. I had 3 trays filled to the brim, the CM who rang me up offered to help me-she was awesome. While I was paying I asked if they had anymore Zero bowls and she said they were out. About 15 minutes later she comes up to the table with something wrapped in a brown paper bag. It was a Zero bowl. :) I made sure to stop by City Hall and fill out a compliment form.

Yay for Disneyland's customer service!

cstephens
03-10-2006, 07:58 AM
Very cool, Adrienne. Did you submit your review in the trusty MousePlanet user review section (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi)?

(channeling Sheila...)

Andrew
03-10-2006, 08:03 AM
I love stories like that. Thanks for sharing, Adrienne.

Hakuna Makarla
03-10-2006, 10:09 AM
totally cool!!! I am so glad you had help, it makes for a wonderful day!

Crazy4DL
03-10-2006, 10:16 AM
Now this is the kind of thing that made Disneyland customer service so legendary..

Yep!

Cool, Ak and MS :)

Malcon10t
03-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Today at noon, we headed for Redd Rockett's for Lunch. Yes, I know, we were a little nuts. But we were hungry.

And so we arrived: Two moms, four kids, a wheelchair, an ECV, and a double stroller. And it was crowded. I am always impressed with all the CMs there. We did a very similar situation Christmas 2004. We had 3 moms, 8 kids (one in a chair), 2 service dogs, and 1 service dog in training (ours.) The Cms definately go out of their way to assist and do so with a smile! I do think there were a few though that did a double take with 3 dogs lying under a table, and not one moving!

Later, we wanted to go on POTC as a group, and they helped us take a whole boat, get the dogs settled, clear the chair out of the way, and all with smiles and wishing us a good time.

Mommy2NicknMax
03-12-2006, 01:26 PM
Wow that is just wonderful! Thanks for sharing that!!! It's really good to know there are so many helpful people! I was a little worried about taking my sons to the park by myself. Getting food was one issue I had no idea how I'd handle. This makes me feel much better about taking them myself.