PDA

View Full Version : Shopping question

bekky
03-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Now that Im home &looking at all the great pictures, Im starting to wish I had bought one of the 50th scrapbook albums (Im not too good at it but have a lot of obscure scenic pictures that would look great in a scrapbook !)

I know I can call Delivears (sp?) & order one.

But Im wondering if there are other places to get the same thing at a better price ? ... not counting on it - but I wanted to check.

Checked Ebay - yikes ! no bargains on them there this week !!

& mouseshoppe has one but as a whole kit ... has anyone seen it ? Is it worth it ??

Link: http://www.mouseshoppe.com/product.cfm?ProductID=6598

Also ... I never went to the disney warehouse I had read about - any chance they would have one ?

It the 50th large blue irridescent one ;)

twist1980
03-09-2006, 12:19 PM
I looked at that one while I was there and it is really cute.

Here is the one I bought (while I was at DLR):

http://www.mouseshoppe.com/product.cfm?ProductID=6638

I chose that one because I thought it looked nicer, but they are all cute! :)

Malcon10t
03-09-2006, 12:22 PM
We've bought both the brown leather with the center castle, and the 50th blue one. My daughter just recently opened the scrapbook kit the 50th blue one is, and commented it was much better than she expected. (She is our scrapbook queen.) Hopefully she will post and tell you why, because I don't scrapbook, I just look at what she does and go WOW!

bekky
03-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Thanks twist1980

I looked at both the leather & the blue while I was there ... but I hate to buy on impulse ... good thing or I would be BROKE !! :eek:

Most of our albums are in leather .. so I could simply use one of those BUT Im really liking the PIZAZZ of the blue one - so leaning towards that.

I think it was in the $28 range in the park .. so if its only 30 on mouseshoppe - maybe it only comes as a kit & not just as the album alone ... anyone know ?

malcont10 - Id love to hear what your daughter has to say - what is her posting name ?

Malcon10t
03-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Thanks twist1980

I looked at both the leather & the blue while I was there ... but I hate to buy on impulse ... good thing or I would be BROKE !! :eek:

Most of our albums are in leather .. so I could simply use one of those BUT Im really liking the PIZAZZ of the blue one - so leaning towards that.

I think it was in the $28 range in the park .. so if its only 30 on mouseshoppe - maybe it only comes as a kit & not just as the album alone ... anyone know ?

malcont10 - Id love to hear what your daughter has to say - what is her posting name ?She's MickeyDogMom. I am going to tell her to post this evening.

editted: She is a big scrapbooker. Every trip has a book, every dog gets 2 books (one for us, one to give to the new owner at graduation time), and anything special gets a book. She bought the leather one and I bought the blue one for her. She was impressed with the stuff in the kit.

MickeyDogMom
03-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Hi,
Malcon10t's daughter and Mickeydog's mom here. I LOVE the 50th scrabook pack. I didn't really care for the 50th book but the one pack with the red, metallic stickers pack is great (it's not blue). It's got these wonderful, slightly see-through fireworks scape papers and CLEAR stickers. I'm going to buy another one when I go back. The stickers aren't as useless as they have put in some of the other packs (who needs 8 chipmunk stickers?). The only complaint I have is the stickers aren't as big as I like. GET the pack, it's great, I don't think it comes with any book but you might as well look. http://www.mouseshoppe.com/product.cfm?ProductID=6624 I belive this is the pack but i don't know for sure without a pic. Sounds like it is.

The book is all right, but I was more attracted to the leather one. Personally I think, with this pack, I made one of my best books yet. I made one for my Grad Nite trip and every DL trip since my 16th BD (only 3 years ago).

For all you other scrapbookers a great place to look for good stickers and packs is www.sandylion.com You can't buy the stickers there :mad: but you can find a store near you that carries these stickers. Look for their Disney theme section.

Anyway, I'm such a geek...

MickeyDogMom
03-09-2006, 03:48 PM
I'm thinking about it and the cool 50th kit did NOT come with the book (I did not get the 50th blue SB, mom). If you look through the 'scription of the book it doesn't have stickers in it. The only thing I reccommend is the 50th pack. It's only like 13-15 dollars in the park.
Happy Scrapbooking!

Again, I'm such a geek...

Drince88
03-09-2006, 04:17 PM
editted: She is a big scrapbooker. Every trip has a book, every dog gets 2 books (one for us, one to give to the new owner at graduation time)
THAT is so cool that you do that, in ADDITION to raising the puppy!

MickeyDogMom
03-09-2006, 04:38 PM
THAT is so cool that you do that, in ADDITION to raising the puppy!

Thanks, :blush:

(not that anybody cares: but my pup got to go to his first day of college today at 4 months old and did BEAUTIFULLY. He did a down-stay at a 40 foot distance with distraction and was unable to see me. I was soo proud and had no one to share it with. This assured me that he will do great in April at DL.)

bekky
03-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Hey MickeyDogMom ..

thanks SO much for taking the time to post that info for me ... it definitely helps me in my "album shopping" decision making !

By the way, that is just sooo cute that you make special books for the dogs to take with them to their new owners ... thats so sweet of you !

I WISH I had the time to scrapbook ... whenever Ive tried in the past I find myself getting wayyyy too obsessed - I lived at the scrapbook supply stores, spent way too much money, had the kitchen table filled with pictures, paper, stickers & STUFF for weeks & then had 1/2 done books & hungry kids :eek: hah

Im going to *try* and do a simple one this time ... try being the key word !!

again - thanks for the advice :)