PDA

View Full Version : Ariel's Grotto Princess Dinner

dcsh
03-09-2006, 08:07 AM
Does anyone know the price? Is it worth it. We have been trying for 5 years to get the princess' autographs and pictures and have failed. Would we be able to do it here? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

amarvel
03-09-2006, 08:20 AM
I LOVE THIS PLACE! Seriously, its the best character dining in my opinion. You are guaranteed that 5 princess will come by your table, take pictures with you, give you autographs, interact, etc. we don't have any children in our party but even as adults it was worth it. Also for one price you get 3 courses so its actually a really good deal compared to other places in the park.

I think it may be something like $20 a person, dont know the actual price, just knew it was totally worth the money.

amarvel
03-09-2006, 08:23 AM
Just checked and its $20.99 for adults and $13.99 for children.

dcsh
03-09-2006, 08:29 AM
Do you know the cutoff for children's rate? Do you recommend a certain time as better than others. Thank you all for your information. This board is so great.

Darkbeer
03-09-2006, 08:43 AM
Do you know the cutoff for children's rate? Do you recommend a certain time as better than others. Thank you all for your information. This board is so great.

The kids menu is for kids 3 thru 11, here is a link to the menu...

http://www.dlresortinfo.com/DCAMenus/ariels/arielchilddinner.html

And the Adults menu....

http://www.dlresortinfo.com/DCAMenus/ariels/arieldinneradult.html

amarvel
03-09-2006, 08:44 AM
I went early afternoon, one of the first shifts of the day and also late night, the last shift of the day and both were great. I did like the afternoon a tad better as being the last shift the staff was a little tired as you can imagine after a long day. The ages are 3-11 :)

Malcon10t
03-09-2006, 08:44 AM
Do you know the cutoff for children's rate? Do you recommend a certain time as better than others. Thank you all for your information. This board is so great.Those prices are old. We just booked and were told it is $27 for adults and $18 for kids under 12. If you have AAA you can get 10% off.

edited: Prices include tax and tip.

Gramiangel420
03-09-2006, 09:00 AM
We will be there next week and will be having a princess lunch. Last year we ate here when it was Mickey and Goofy. We loved the character interaction. I will be going with my 2 DD and my lovely DGD:cool:

dcsh
03-09-2006, 09:09 AM
We will be there next week and will be having a princess lunch. Last year we ate here when it was Mickey and Goofy. We loved the character interaction. I will be going with my 2 DD and my lovely DGD:cool:

Let me know what you think. How far in advance can you make reservations.

amarvel
03-09-2006, 09:29 AM
Oh bummer that it is raised, but then if that includes tax and tip that is nice, i still think its worth it and we thought it was 10 times better than goofys :)

edit: well i just figured this out and actually its not that big of an increase, last year we paid with tax and tip for 3 adults, about $75, with the new prices, our total would be $81....

Edit again: HA! i just realized i have AAA and that takes another $8 off, so its actually cheaper now that they raised their prices?!?!!

amarvel
03-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Well the two times i ate there, the first i made reservations the day before and the 2nd i made reservations only a few hours before. This time I am calling ahead though sometime this week when we figure out what day we would prefer to eat there.

Malcon10t
03-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Let me know what you think. How far in advance can you make reservations.You can make reservations 60 days out. Goofy's is really good. My kids (16-20yo) love it, but they prefer to ignore the characters. They like the atmosphere and food. They like seeing the characters there, but are at the age where they don't want the characters around them....

joy dean rach
03-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Edit again: HA! i just realized i have AAA and that takes another $8 off, so its actually cheaper now that they raised their prices?!?!!
Does anyone know if CAA is honored at Ariels Grotto for the AAA discount?

MouseFaninQueue
03-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Does anyone know if CAA is honored at Ariels Grotto for the AAA discount?

Yes your CAA card will get you all the goodies from AAA. They are essentially one in the same ...

One thing we did back in May 2005 was actually booked our time at a character breakfast through our BCAA travel agent. One less thing to worry about.

When we did the Princess Lunch in Oct 2005 we booked it that morning at Ariel's Grotto. Simply walked up tot the front door and made the reservation, walked around the pier, did some games and rides and came back when it was our turn.

Then we proceeded to have a BLAST with the Princesses - who are absolutely royal with my 2 DD's ...

rkrox79
03-10-2006, 10:02 AM
so, the kids meal includes a drink but the adults have to pay for a drink in addition to the flat rate for the meal?

for babies, it's free? does this mean the baby gets food for free?

thanks ! :)

Malcon10t
03-10-2006, 10:47 AM
so, the kids meal includes a drink but the adults have to pay for a drink in addition to the flat rate for the meal?

for babies, it's free? does this mean the baby gets food for free?

thanks ! :)Currently, drinks are included in the adult price. What I have heard of in the past for Ariels Grotto, and I am sure someone will correct me, is they will give the toddler a half a childs meal free.

StyledSugar
03-10-2006, 11:11 AM
We were just there a few weeks ago and it was $21.99 for adults. Can't remember the price for children though but $13.99 sounds about right. Don't forget that they automatically add a tip onto your bill. I wasn't too impressed with that considering our service was less than stellar.

Without going into too much detail I will say that I recommend Minnie's Breakfast in the park way more than the Princess dinner. The character interaction is way better with the breakfast and so is the food. Trust me, I had a very, very bad experience with the food at Ariel's Grotto. I would never go back.

Gramiangel420
03-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Let me know what you think. How far in advance can you make reservations.
We made our reservations at the Grotto and at Goofy's Kitchen last week. I will give a report when we get back.:cool:
I am so excited that we will be there this time next week.:)

Hakuna Makarla
03-10-2006, 12:03 PM
We made our reservations at the Grotto and at Goofy's Kitchen last week. I will give a report when we get back.:cool:
I am so excited that we will be there this time next week.:)

I did to :) I can not wait. I am taking pictures of every meal we have and the whole table has so I can post them :)

DopeyWife
03-11-2006, 03:34 PM
What I have heard of in the past for Ariels Grotto, and I am sure someone will correct me, is they will give the toddler a half a childs meal free.

When we went, our daughter got half a child's meal free (and it even came with the bucket and shovel).

Wendi
03-11-2006, 08:10 PM
It is so worth it... the character interaction is truly top notch!

socaltexan02
03-12-2006, 06:22 AM
What I have heard of in the past for Ariels Grotto, and I am sure someone will correct me, is they will give the toddler a half a childs meal free.

That's what I was told when I called Disney Dining a couple of days ago to make our reservation for my DD's upcoming 4th b-day. My 1 1/2 yr. old will be w/ us as well, and was thinking I'd just let her eat off of our plates, or split w/ her sister. But I was told she can get a smaller portion for free.:D

My daughter will be in heaven. We have our reservations for 5pm (early dinner for the kids) - I'm hoping that we will get good Princess interaction.