PDA

View Full Version : Trip report (with photos) Feb. 28-March 4

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Finally got a minute to post my trip report, and have all my photos uploaded to Shutterfly.
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AZuGbds3YtWZI&notag=1

Cast for this trip was: myself, and my 4yo DS (I am a DL veteran, grew up there, DS has been about 5 times) Leaving at home, DH and 2yo DS

Day 1 Tues. March 28, 2006
We caught a flight from Spokane, WA to Phoenix, AZ at 2:30pm on Tues., Feb. 28th. Arrived in Phoenix about 6pm local time. We travel standby, my DH is a commercial pilot, so we were hoping to catch a 7pm connection to Orange County. Thankfully we made it, even though reservations told us earlier in the day that the flight was oversold. We arrived in Orange County about 7:30pm, local time. Headed to baggage claim, got a cart and our bag, and stroller and went to find Super Shuttle, or "the blue van" as my 4yo calls it. We found one right away, took the last 2 seats and were on our way. Thankfully we were the first ones dropped off and were at the hotel within 30 mins. It was quick. Checked in and got our regular room at HoJo's. They are doing some remodeling so the registrations desk was in the game room, but it looks like once they get that all done, it will be really nice. We have stayed at HoJo's, in this same room, for all our trips, other than one, since my 4yo had his first trip in 2002. The staff is so friendly, the rooms are clean and spacious, and it is a short walk to and from the park. We got all settled in our room, and now are about an hour past my son's bedtime, but still had no dinner. We took a quick walk over to McDonald's got some food and headed back to the room. He ate quickly and was ready for bed.

Day 2, March 1, 2006 He woke up at 7am! My little guy that sleeps in was up before 8, great! hehe We went to Mimi's for breakfast and were at the park just before rope drop. Weather was gorgeous. We got our locker for our sweatshirts and were off. Caught his favorite POTC, and had a leisurely day, just taking our time, enjoy the not so crowded park etc. Although it was a bit more crowded that I had anticipated. Another lady on the train said that she thought it was more crowded that day since it had rained earlier in the week and some people might have stayed to enjoy the sun. Lunch was at Village Haus and dinner was at Hungry Bear. We went back to the hotel by about 7:30, DS fell asleep in the stroller on the way back.
Day 3 March 2, 2006 This day we were planning on eating breakfast in the room. He slept until 8:30 WOOHOO sleeping in for me. I am use to getting up at 6am with my 2yo. We arrived at the park around rope drop and did a couple rides in Fantasyland, again TERRIFIC sunny weather. We had PS for Blue Bayou at 11:30, got there about 5 mins. late so we didn't get a table by the water. My son told me all he wanted was bread. So I ordered the Monte Cristo and nothing for him. But when my plate arrived, he ended up eating half of it! He loved it. He had jello and we were on our way. We got a lot of rides in today. We got a great spot for the parade and enjoyed that. We ate dinner at Village Haus. Left the park at about 8:15 and he was asleep on the way back to the hotel, again.

Day 3 Friday March 3, 3006
Woke up to overcast skies and rain. Got our rain gear, my coat, I thought was water proof. Had forgotten the umbrella, of course.
Our walk to the park was dry, thankfully, but it turned pretty rainy once we arrived. Bought DS a poncho and headed to breakfast at River Belle. He loved his pancake. We did the shooting gallery, and it really started to pour. There wasn't a soul in Frontierland, I think everyone was in the shops, it was a regular downpour. I covered the stroller with another poncho and we were on our way to Fantasyland. Went on Pinocchio and when we came out we walked through 3-4 inches of water. It was completely flooded between there and Snow White. Stepped in to the little shop there after figuring out my jacket was not water proof and invested in another poncho. DS woke up with a runny nose, and since we both had soaked shoes, I figured I better get him some dry ones. Of course that meant spending money on shoes at DL, that he really didn't need. I was able to find some Stitch shoes at Chester Drawers and some new Stitch socks, he wasn't a big Stitch fan, but is now. hehe I just went with wet feet. We went back to River Belle for lunch, and it did sprinkle a few more times, but cleared up by early afternoon. We rode the Monorail over to DTD and did a bit of shopping. Walked back to the park and got our stroller. We rode Autopia and Buzz with our fastpasses and had dinner at Pizza Port. We went to Fantasyland to finish up what we hadn't rode there, and rode POTC 2 times and headed back to the hotel. We had to be ready for our shuttle to the airport at 6am so I opted not to stay for the fireworks. It was getting chilly and my feet and pants never totally dried out. DS fell asleep again on the way to the hotel in the stroller, it was about 9pm this time. I got everything packed and went to bed.

Day 4 Sat. March 4, 2006
6am "the blue van" arrived to take us to the airport. We were the last ones to be picked up so we were at the airport, for our 8am flight, in plenty of time. Again we had a sold out flight to catch back to Spokane, but we made it on that. DH picked us up with all our gear, and my 2yo DS, who was VERY glad to see me, at the airport.

It was great to have the one on one time with DS #1. We don't get much of that time, since DH is gone a lot and I am responsible for both the boys on my own most of the month. I am hoping he will remember our special trip, forever.

TowerofTerror
03-08-2006, 04:38 PM
wow what a great trip report looks like you all had a blast.

JDBlair
03-08-2006, 04:39 PM
Brooks sure liked Autopia! Cute pics! Thank you for sharing!!

nvmom
03-08-2006, 09:05 PM
I'm glad to hear that you had a great time! That rain on Fri was amazing? My kids were just in awe of the amount of water.

nvmom

CariBelle
03-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Your little guys looks so cute in that first picture! I love his name too :)

Crazy4DL
03-08-2006, 10:09 PM
That little guy of yours is so darn cute! Glad you and he were able to have a special trip just for the two of you. I am sure he will remember it forever. :)

amarvel
03-08-2006, 10:15 PM
very cute pic!!!! great trip report :)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-09-2006, 06:32 AM
Thanks for all the compliments!

yellowrosedtxn
03-09-2006, 07:19 AM
Thanks for your report, it sounded like so much fun. I would love to make three trips (one with each of my kids) and have one on one time. MAYBE I can swing that soon. hmmm an idea is forming!!!!

Anyway, thank you for writing your report!

5-4-fun
03-09-2006, 07:39 AM
I really enjoyed your trip report and photos. We are also from Spokane (we live in the valley) and will be flying down next Tuesday for our trip. Your photos make me so anxious to get there! I can't wait!

Hakuna Makarla
03-09-2006, 07:47 AM
awsome, so glad you had time with the boy, I am also taking just one child in April, Her and I are doing a mommy and me trip, it will be very special to us both :) when you have 3 kids, some times the oldest gets left out so this will be her time to spend it with me with no interuptions :)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-09-2006, 01:01 PM
It is a great thing to take the kids one on one, and I agree that the older on tends to not get the attention, or need it, that the littler ones need.

5-4-FUN
I sure hope you have a fun trip. Who are you flying out on? Neat to have another Padder in Spokane. We live on the northside.

junglemom
03-09-2006, 01:15 PM
Awesome pictures, I hope your mommy and me trip was a blast!

twist1980
03-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Great pictures! I can't believe the one of the rain! It's really coming down! Looks like it scared everyone out of the park!

SeansMom
03-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Great picture of you two with Tigger (gotta love Tigger!!!) Glad you had a great time despite the rain, and really glad your flights worked out. Fun!

5-4-fun
03-10-2006, 06:34 AM
5-4-FUN
I sure hope you have a fun trip. Who are you flying out on? Neat to have another Padder in Spokane. We live on the northside.

Hi! We are flying on Alaska Tuesday morning.(Frequent Flyer miles) We got direct flights both ways :) I will post a trip report when we return.

eryn
03-10-2006, 08:25 AM
I also went to hojos on the 28th and stayed till the 7th. I was very hapywith everything. I wonder if we met! small world, eh? It seemed every night in the hot tub we met others from BC. And that rain was amazing! I also wrote a trip report that included my experience with that day! Glad you had fun

oregontraveler
03-10-2006, 09:53 AM
Great report, glad you got to see the Dapper Dans before the change.