PDA

View Full Version : 50th Anniversary T-Shirt

JDBlair
03-08-2006, 03:27 PM
For Christmas, my daughter received a CD labeled something like "Sounds of Disneyland" and on the front cover is the castle, in 50th Celebration decor, and a parade of characters, Mickey in the front, gold 50th ears. - It's very cute. Today, a co-worker plopped $30 on my desk and asked me to find a T-shirt at DL with that picture on there. Is there a lot of 50th Anniversary merchandise at the park? I know my picture description isn't very good but has anyone seen something similar in the park? I really want to find a T-shirt for her because she can't make it to DL for the celebration and she is so excited about me possibly getting the shirt for her - I would hate to disappoint.

By the way, this CD is incredible and I can't find it anywhere. I listen to it all day long at work and I believe one of the tracks is the fireworks soundtrack. I don't know for sure because I haven't seen the fireworks but it's a very long track and it starts with Julie Andrews and Walt makes his speech somewhere in there and it encompasses so many aspects of DL and characters and it's everything.

Malcon10t
03-08-2006, 03:41 PM
For Christmas, my daughter received a CD labeled something like "Sounds of Disneyland" and on the front cover is the castle, in 50th Celebration decor, and a parade of characters, Mickey in the front, gold 50th ears. - It's very cute. Today, a co-worker plopped $30 on my desk and asked me to find a T-shirt at DL with that picture on there. Is there a lot of 50th Anniversary merchandise at the park? I know my picture description isn't very good but has anyone seen something similar in the park? I really want to find a T-shirt for her because she can't make it to DL for the celebration and she is so excited about me possibly getting the shirt for her - I would hate to disappoint.

By the way, this CD is incredible and I can't find it anywhere. I listen to it all day long at work and I believe one of the tracks is the fireworks soundtrack. I don't know for sure because I haven't seen the fireworks but it's a very long track and it starts with Julie Andrews and Walt makes his speech somewhere in there and it encompasses so many aspects of DL and characters and it's everything.Yes, we have the CD too. We got the 50th tee shirts, the ones we got were royal blue, with the Mickey and all the characters, and the castle. They usually have them in the emporium. The CD is great, as is the tee shirt!!

JDBlair
03-08-2006, 03:46 PM
Yes, we have the CD too. We got the 50th tee shirts, the ones we got were royal blue, with the Mickey and all the characters, and the castle. They usually have them in the emporium. The CD is great, as is the tee shirt!!

Oh!! Yay!! I'm so excited. Do you know where the CD came from? The people that sent it to my daughter for Christmas said it was something free she got at work??

Malcon10t
03-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Oh!! Yay!! I'm so excited. Do you know where the CD came from? The people that sent it to my daughter for Christmas said it was something free she got at work??
The CD I am thinking of we purchased at Disneyland. I am trying to get one of my kids to give it back to me now (not sure which one has it) so I can tell what is on it.

olegc
03-08-2006, 04:13 PM
I think you're talking about the basic image off of the Official CD. It's also on T-shirts - sample here at mouseshoppe....

http://www.mouseshoppe.com/product.cfm?ProductID=6567

Malcon10t
03-08-2006, 04:15 PM
I think you're talking about the basic image off of the Official CD. It's also on T-shirts - sample here at mouseshoppe....

Thats the one, except I like our blue better.

JDBlair
03-08-2006, 04:27 PM

That is the picture except...on the cover of my CD, it has a lot more characters in the parade. Almost every character is on this CD in the parade. It's really cool! But if this is the only T-shirt I can find, it will suffice!

yellowrosedtxn
03-08-2006, 04:54 PM
I have the t-shirt as well. Just let her know that wearing it a lot will cause the gold to come off.

On a side note, the cd you got, was it a two disc set or just one? You can get the two disc set at Disneyland (only I believe unless you buy it through mouse shoppe or something like that.) I bought the cd as well, and like you, listen to mine all the time. (The wear on the cd cover shows!)

You can get the t-shirts at World of Disney (downtown Disney) and you can find it all over the Disneyland resort.

I think that is all I wanted to say. Not quite sure though.

JDBlair
03-08-2006, 05:03 PM
On a side note, the cd you got, was it a two disc set or just one? You can get the two disc set at Disneyland (only I believe unless you buy it through mouse shoppe or something like that.) I bought the cd as well, and like you, listen to mine all the time. (The wear on the cd cover shows!)

I think that is all I wanted to say. Not quite sure though.

It's a 2 disc. The first disc basically plays songs from rides and things like that. The 2nd disc's line up doesn't match with what the playlist says it should. It's an awesome CD!
My co-worker wants the Gold Ears, 50th Celebration as as many of the characters on there as possible. So, basically, she wants my CD cover on her T-shirt and it's a great cover so I don't blame her!

vmjess
03-08-2006, 07:12 PM
The 2nd disc's line up doesn't match with what the playlist says it should. It's an awesome CD!

My CD is the same- unmatched song list and all! It drives me nuts!

JDBlair
03-08-2006, 07:26 PM
My CD is the same- unmatched song list and all! It drives me nuts!

Do you remember where you got it?

TTFN92
03-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Yeah, the Fireworks is #11 and then after that the numbers are just one off until, I think, #17. The fireworks is my FAVORITE track. I love how it hits the highlights from everything. The part I like the best is the "Remain seated please...." It reminds me of riding the Matterhorn :D .

JDBlair
03-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Yeah, the Fireworks is #11 and then after that the numbers are just one off until, I think, #17. The fireworks is my FAVORITE track. I love how it hits the highlights from everything. The part I like the best is the "Remain seated please...." It reminds me of riding the Matterhorn :D .

I love that part too. It makes me giggle. I think it's on disc one, the Tiki Room, song and I was listening to it on my headphones at work and my boss came up behind me. I was bopping my head and singing, "Tiki, tiki, tiki room". She started laughing and then wanted to take my headphones for a listen, too! I also love listening to the Pirates and Haunted Mansion, "Hurry Back.. Hurry Back..And Don't forget your death certificate." It's an awesome CD!!!

vmjess
03-09-2006, 03:36 PM
I got mine at the music store on Main Street but saw it several places. It is a 2 disc set that has a paper cover not plastic.

JDBlair
03-09-2006, 03:42 PM
I got mine at the music store on Main Street but saw it several places. It is a 2 disc set that has a paper cover not plastic.
Yes, exactly! Oh good! My mother and aunt will want their own copies of the CD. They've tried to steal mine but I guard it like a sherriff with his felon!!

twist1980
03-09-2006, 04:23 PM

If you can't find it while you are in DL (or your family members want to buy it), it is available at Mouseshoppe. Heres the link:
http://www.mouseshoppe.com/product.cfm?ProductID=6621

I bought my copy before I went on my trip in December from Mouseshoppe so I could get in the mood! :) It is an awesome CD, but everyone is right, it is annoying that the CD doesn't match the play list! I was so confused at first! :rolleyes:

JDBlair
03-09-2006, 04:39 PM
If you can't find it while you are in DL (or your family members want to buy it), it is available at Mouseshoppe. Heres the link:
http://www.mouseshoppe.com/product.cfm?ProductID=6621

I bought my copy before I went on my trip in December from Mouseshoppe so I could get in the mood! :) It is an awesome CD, but everyone is right, it is annoying that the CD doesn't match the play list! I was so confused at first! :rolleyes:

The only way I was able to figure out what I was listening to on the 2nd CD was reading these posts about the fireworks. Then it all connected for me. I haven't been to DCA so I couldn't figure out those songs and I was so lost. I'm glad it's not just my CD!! Isn't that album cover cute? I love it. I have it propped up against my monitor at work so I can look and listen and dream. 4 more days!!!

olegc
03-10-2006, 05:30 PM
BTW - I walked by WOD today and there is a Red t-shirt with a longer parade of characters on it. It could be a kids size. it may be the one you want.

Tigertail777
03-10-2006, 05:57 PM
If you love that 2 cd set, you would go nuts over the 6 cd set. The two cd set is sort of a abbreviated version of the full six cd set (except the six cd set I dont think has anything from DCA on it, cant remember for sure). The full set also comes with a nice book, (well most do LOL, mine the book was bound in upside down and backwards) and a record reproduction of the Walt disney takes you to Disneyland record. The only thing I am unhappy with about it really is that it didnt have the 50th parade music which was catchy as heck. Oh the 6 cd set doesnt have that cute cover art either, but I guess you cant have everything. :)