PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for gifts in the room

Malcon10t
03-07-2006, 06:54 PM
In April, we will be taking 3 5yo princesses in training and 2 8yo Buzzy boys. We will be arriving a day before them and my parents. I want to get something for them to have in the room when they arrive. (We will be across the street.) I was thinking we will have gold ears ready, maybe tiaras for the girls, I am hoping to go to the Character Warehouse before hand, maybe spinners? Suggestions for a gift bag type idea, that isn't going to break me?

JDBlair
03-07-2006, 06:56 PM
In April, we will be taking 3 5yo princesses in training and 2 8yo Buzzy boys. We will be arriving a day before them and my parents. I want to get something for them to have in the room when they arrive. (We will be across the street.) I was thinking we will have gold ears ready, maybe tiaras for the girls, I am hoping to go to the Character Warehouse before hand, maybe spinners? Suggestions for a gift bag type idea, that isn't going to break me?

I have an idea - at the party store the other day, I found Disney body tattoos. They had boy and girl ones. I thought they were really cute. :D

Shinku
03-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Character warehouse is a great idea, but don't make it your only stop. Sometimes you luck out and other times you'll come up short, it just depends what they got in their shipment and when they got it. I know they've usually always got some cute little "Go Minnie" things like erasers and such.

A few threads ago (a week? somewhere in there) there were ideas for party favors and the like, there's some good ideas in there to help out. I think the walmart near disneyland also has some disney-specific things.

Cheap and easy: get glowsticks at the dollar store. Glowsticks are fun for everyone, you could even get grandma and grandpa in there too ;)

If you can find small/cheap things at the lego store or club libby lu, that might be fun. Try and think about things they could do when you guys come back for the mid-afternoon break. Small puzzles could be fun, maybe coloring books or playdoh, something not too messy but still fun. I know target has playdoh that has princess toppers with some kind of stamper/cutter thing under their dress.

CariBelle
03-07-2006, 08:50 PM
How about some park maps with stickers (maybe gold stars or some character ones, I know they have both at my local dollar stores) so that the kids can either use the stickers to mark things they would like to do in the park, or mark the stuff they have already done through out the day (or back at the hotel during break/night time).

cfrith
03-08-2006, 06:02 AM
Here's what we're giving our girls- they are 4 and 7 and we will surprising them with this trip. When we wake them up that morning and tell them we'll then give them the Castle Tote Bag (on another thread) with a couple Disney Ultimate Stickerbooks (Barnes and Noble has them)***these are really cool IMO!***- they have tons of versions- Princesses, Toy Story, Villians, Incredibles, Pooh, Lilo and Stitch, look at this site:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...9&cds2Pid=9481

Half of the book is stickers and the other half has all the shadows and trivia next to it so it takes them a bit to put all the stickers on the correct shadow. They are great!

We'll also put this Minnie in the Castle bag:

http://laughingplacestore.com/Product-5956.asp

and a disposable camera, some disney fruit snacks, disney pen/pencil and paper. Also a couple Disney coloring books as my kids still enjoy coloring. I can't wait!!!