PDA

View Full Version : Surprise cake at Goofy's Kitchen

cfrith
03-07-2006, 05:18 PM
It will be my dh's birthday when we go to Goofy's Kitchen. I've read about kid stuff they give, but is it possible to secretly request them to have Goofy bring out a cake and sing?

JDBlair
03-07-2006, 05:46 PM
Yes, it is. When I made our reservations for our visit next week, the CM asked if we'll be celebrating anything during our visit. I said we'll be kind-of celebrating my son's birthday. (It's on the 10th and our Goofy's Kitchen is on the 14th. It will be the first time the entire family is together so we will celebrating and they'll give him gifts.) Any way, she said that was great and they'd send over a cake and characters to sing Happy Birthday to him. I can't wait!!!

pooh0200
03-07-2006, 05:59 PM
The cake that they will send over is a cupcake. You have to request and pay for anything more then that. They will wait for a character to be by you before they do it so that one of them is there. I know there is something more that you cna buy a table just across from us had baloons and goody bags for everyone and it cost them more. I overheard another table talking about it. But for free you just get a cupcake and they sing to you. We celebrated my DH while we were there this last weekend

Leslie

cfrith
03-07-2006, 06:04 PM
The cake that they will send over is a cupcake. You have to request and pay for anything more then that. They will wait for a character to be by you before they do it so that one of them is there. I know there is something more that you cna buy a table just across from us had baloons and goody bags for everyone and it cost them more. I overheard another table talking about it. But for free you just get a cupcake and they sing to you. We celebrated my DH while we were there this last weekend

Leslie

Does anyone know what is in the little goody bags for everyone?

Malcon10t
03-07-2006, 06:08 PM
Does anyone know what is in the little goody bags for everyone?
Its not worth the $5. It had some little activity book, a couple plastic toys, and I can't remember what else. I just remmeber it wasn't worth it.

edited: You can get the birthday bucket for $20, and it was much better. My daughter still has her Mickey one from her 16th birthday.

CariBelle
03-07-2006, 06:11 PM
I believe there is a picture and description of the birthday bag here: http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlrbirthdays.html

MsYumiBr
03-07-2006, 06:42 PM
We went to Goofy's Kitchen this weekend. We had 2 birthday girls and ordered two of the $20 "buckets" princess variety. It had princess paper doll magnet things and a hairbrush comb set. Inserted in the top was a mini cake which the girls did not like very much. I had the cupcake last month for my birthday and it was a huge chocolate cupcake. My daughters helped me eat it. This weekend we ordered one party bag for each guest that joined us for $5 each. They included a small rubber bouncy ball, a mickey shaped pen, a foam art puzzle, a mini plastic maraca and a party hat. We had a little trouble with the balloons. My daughter tried to get one herself and they ended up on the ceiling! Note to self, 10 year olds turn into 3 year olds in Goofy's Kitchen. Also, my 13 year old decided to have macaroni and cheese with sprinkles and dirt pudding for breakfast. It was 7:30 in the morning. :rolleyes: Her reasoning, "It is *Goofy's* Kitchen, after all." Oh, and they managed to come up with a couple of birthday buttons after we were told they were out. Hurray!

Minnie66
03-07-2006, 06:48 PM
Note to self, 10 year olds turn into 3 year olds in Goofy's Kitchen.

How funny!!!! We got the princess birthday bucket for my mother one year -- she was celebrating 62 and acted just about the same. Maybe it's something in the cake.

cfrith
03-08-2006, 11:23 AM
DH loves Goofy's Kitchen. Never been to the Plaza Inn, but it looks pretty cool for birthdays. Which would you do? Is the food good at Plaza Inn? I think I saw a picture of a plate of food from there and it looked very cafeteria (ugh!). I wonder which he'd like best on his birthday. We will do Goofy's Kitchen another day if we don't do it on his birthday.

MsYumiBr
03-08-2006, 02:39 PM
I do not know why but we always get the same table/area it seems at Plaza Inn. The characters are rotund and the place the tables too close together for them to get past the chairs. :rolleyes: So, we are constantly moving chairs around. It is very distracting. However, if they like Pooh characters, it's the only way to go. Goofy's is much more active and noisy and you get to color on the tables! :D

MonorailChris
03-09-2006, 08:10 AM
also if you want you can bring in your own cake and have them bring it to you,at least they use to do it.one year tigger was there so i stepped out ,bought a stuffed tigger,gave it to the character lead and they had tigger bring it out to my son.he still has the tigger and it was when he was 3 ,he is now 15.:D

prncsmsj
03-09-2006, 08:39 AM
You can pay to have a birthday cake done. I ordered on for my boyfriend's birthday dinner at Hook's Pointe next week. I got to choose what kind of cake/frosting/filling/decorating. I haven't tasted it yet obviously, but two CM's have assured me that it is wonderful cake. It was $18 for a cake that feeds 8 people. I'll let you know when I get back how it was.