PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland During Christmas?

pooh0200
03-07-2006, 03:14 PM
I know I know it is only March But we just got back yesterday and are trying to plan our next trip. We are nuts but it takes time to save up money especially for what we want to do. So we are thinking of going during Christmas time in 3 years. We will have a 3 &5 yr old. It would be for their birthday so we would be going all out and are trying to figure out about how much we would need. We are thinking of being there for a week with a trip to Legoland also. We are thinking the Disneyland hotel with concierge level. So I guess my questions are how bad is Disney During Christmas either over Christmas or just before Christmas. Ther birthdays are the 23 and 27th. So what would you do??? and would you do the things we are thinking of doing or not? TIA

Leslie

tod
03-07-2006, 03:33 PM
At the rate prices are going up, a couple million ought to do it. ;)

--t

HTanner
03-07-2006, 03:35 PM
I know I know it is only March But we just got back yesterday and are trying to plan our next trip. We are nuts but it takes time to save up money especially for what we want to do. So we are thinking of going during Christmas time in 3 years. We will have a 3 &5 yr old. It would be for their birthday so we would be going all out and are trying to figure out about how much we would need. We are thinking of being there for a week with a trip to Legoland also. We are thinking the Disneyland hotel with concierge level. So I guess my questions are how bad is Disney During Christmas either over Christmas or just before Christmas. Ther birthdays are the 23 and 27th. So what would you do??? and would you do the things we are thinking of doing or not? TIA

Leslie

We went this year with our 2 year old and 10 month old. It was the only neutral ground we good meet the in-laws on where there was enough space for all of us. ;)

It was fun. Christmas is insane. Absolutely packed, wall to wall people. However, we had fun! If you know that it is packed, you'll be fine. It took us about an hour to get food at Riverbelle Terrace. But, people were in such great spirits, and it was fun to just walk around and soak it in and say, we're at Disney!

Happy birthday to the little ones - my birthday is on the 27th, too!

Malcon10t
03-07-2006, 04:01 PM
So I guess my questions are how bad is Disney During Christmas either over Christmas or just before Christmas. Ther birthdays are the 23 and 27th. So what would you do??? and would you do the things we are thinking of doing or not? TIA

LeslieIts packed. But it is a different crowd than any other time of the year. We go each year from Dec 23-Jan3. New Years Eve is packed, but so much fun. Expect capacity crowds, and you won't be disappointed. If it rains, many will leave.

As far as conceirge level, go for it. It will be around $500 a night. To me, its not really worth it, but we go often.

twist1980
03-07-2006, 04:31 PM
We were there the 13th-18th of 2005, which was the week before most schools start their Christmas breaks. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were empty. Friday started to fill up a little more, but was still tolerable (ie: no problem finding great viewing spots for the fireworks 20 minutes prior to showtime and lines weren't bad). Saturday and Sunday were packed! We spent most of Saturday just watching the Dapper Dans, Laughing Stock Co. and other acts. Sunday was crazy at DL, but DCA was still fine.

I'm sure it only got worse from there! Anytime that schools are out you can expect it to be crazy! If you can possibly go before Christmas break you will be better off. It sounds though as if you want to be there for your girls birthdays. It will be crazy, but it is absolutly beautiful that time of year!

I Heart Disneyland!
03-07-2006, 05:19 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is ALREADY thinking of DL at Christmastime!!!

Genris
03-07-2006, 06:06 PM
We went this year at Christmas, and it was crazy busy. But somehow, I didn't mind it. It helped that the weather was cooler, so that standing in line wasn't as grueling as it is during the summer. And like another poster mentioned, to mood is different. I also appreciate all the changes they make for the season. You will love it.