PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Disneyland to ride Haunted Mansion when it reopens?

nursemelis374
03-07-2006, 02:15 PM
I am hoping that I can stay awake after a contest I am in on Friday and pursuade blue to drive down with me and ride.

Anybody going on Thursday?

Quinten27
03-07-2006, 02:22 PM
I'll be riding it next thursday! :fez:

TowerofTerror
03-07-2006, 03:05 PM
I will be riding it next year when I buy another annual pass.

Syndrome
03-07-2006, 03:06 PM
My wife and I will arrive in Anaheim on 03/12. I wonder if some of the new changes have been made already....?

Opus1guy
03-07-2006, 03:08 PM
What? I could have sworn I read there where Haunted Mansion was gone. Bulldozed or turned into a parking lot or a marital dispute center or a lumberjack supply store or something.

;)

potzbie
03-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Haunted Mansion ... gone .... Bulldozed or turned into a parking lot.
;)

Whazziss?
I didn't get no memo on this!
They're going to bull-doze Johnny Depp and put in a Starbucks?
Am I on the Laying-Down-Of-Flowers Committee on this one???
:confused:

tod
03-07-2006, 03:32 PM
What? I could have sworn I read there where Haunted Mansion was gone. Bulldozed or turned into a parking lot or a marital dispute center or a lumberjack supply store or something.

;)

Bulldozed? Where am I gonna put the flowers?

--t

I Heart Disneyland!
03-07-2006, 03:39 PM

;)

It's true. I placed my flowers there recently. ;)

gimp_boy76
03-07-2006, 06:16 PM

;)
Honestly, how long are the disputes going to last when axes are the handed out as the negotiating tools?:p

gimp_boy76
03-07-2006, 06:19 PM

;)
Oh no I better go hang myself...but where?!

sorry, I couldn't resist I had 2 humorous thoughts pass through my head while reading this, maybe I should start a poll where you can vote which you think is funnier:D

b-dof
03-07-2006, 06:30 PM
well,
back to the post at hand.
the effects wont all be turned on when the ride reopens in March,
due to financing issues the new effects will be on hold untill a later date

though, my personal opinion is that i am very exited
the ride felt as though it was getting quit stale
in fact i think i might have skipped it completely the last couple of trips
im just realy looking foward for these new effects

potterphreak
03-07-2006, 07:46 PM
I'll be on it Thursday AND Friday!! Can't wait!! DH is so silly, thinks we are going to S. Ca for his birthday. NOPE!! I wanna ride HM!! LOL I haven't been on the REAL hm since 1992. Every time I have been there since then it has had the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay and while I think they do an excellent job, I just don't like that movie, LOL. Does anyone know when they will "flip the switch" on the new stuff? Doesn't matter to me on this trip cos I am going again in May but after that, won't be there until PROBABLY October. TIA!

Sub Maniak
03-07-2006, 08:44 PM
If any of you are going to ride HM in the next weeks, the ride will be adding enhancements throughout the next two months.

DON'T EXPECT THE FULL STORYLINE CHANGE UNTIL APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

For more info on the storyline change see Horrible Changes to the mansion thread!

Pirate Princess
03-07-2006, 10:31 PM
Okay.. no flaming but I am kinda bummed. My DS4 is going for his 5th Bday in May and has finally committed to going on Haunted Mansion (he has only been on HMH.. he has always been scared to try it until it was re-themed for xmas). I'm not too upset that he isn't seeing it in its original form... rather I am worried it is going to be a lot scarier and he'll freak out and that will be the end of my Haunted Mansion days. (I LOVE THAT RIDE and I want him to love it too so we can ride it 10 times a trip like we do with POTC). Please post updates as they are making the changes and let me know if the "scary factor" goes up significantly.
Thanks!

Andrew
03-07-2006, 10:36 PM
I'm not too upset that he isn't seeing it in its original form... rather I am worried it is going to be a lot scarier and he'll freak out and that will be the end of my Haunted Mansion days.
Don't worry. There are no changes planned. The OP is mistaken.

Pirate Princess
03-07-2006, 11:12 PM
Don't play with my emotions!!! Glad to here no changes (yet). Right now it's not too scary.. well at least not to me. We'll see how a 5 year old does (ps.. mine is scared of EVERYTHING).

hlbtimes2
03-08-2006, 05:05 AM
We will be there this weekend, but it wasnt planned as a trip to ride HM. It is simply the time I could get a great deal on airfare!

skoolpsyk
03-08-2006, 06:58 AM
Am I the only one that thinks this "won't be turned on until April" may just be a way of hedging a bet?
If when the HM opens and the effects are not there it's because they won't be turned on yet. Then April comes around and no effects. The story becomes, "they were installed but not turned on because they couldn't get them to operate up to standards and may turn them on at a later date but probably not.
Call me a cynic, but I am hoping I'm wrong! (And hoping for the Hatbox Ghost returns!!!)

03-08-2006, 07:08 AM
(And hoping for the Hatbox Ghost returns!!!)

Now wouldn't that be something!

mcow1
03-08-2006, 07:41 AM
I plan on going out tomorrow night for it!:)

I Heart Disneyland!
03-08-2006, 11:49 AM
They DID add the person who won that 1,000th ghost on Ebay, right? :p

Opus1guy
03-08-2006, 06:18 PM
They DID add the person who won that 1,000th ghost on Ebay, right? :p

Yeah...and that ruined the whole attraction for me!

;)

amarvel
03-08-2006, 10:18 PM
well i will get to see it next month, i hope the changes are all done before i get there, i am going to try to keep an open mind ;)