PDA

View Full Version : My birthday trip report (3-4 to 3-6)

CariBelle
03-07-2006, 12:34 PM
After these last three days I am one tired Princess! We left home at 11 am on Saturday and had gorgeous weather all the way down to Universal Studios. We arrived at about 1, picked up some IMAX tickets, some hot dogs, and some comics at the Dark Horse store before heading into the park for a few hours. Our IMAX movie (HP & tGoF) ended around 6:15ish and we hit some traffic on the way to Anaheim. Got to the hotel (Anaheim Plaza Hotel & Suites) around 8:30. Check in was fast and easy. There was a quinceanera going on in the main building and I was worried about the noise, but once we got into our room we couldn't hear a thing. We did have to park on the other side of the property due to all the acrs from the party. We left for dinner in Brea and when we returned at about 11:30 the quince musthave been over because there was no noise and parking had cleared up. The room was a lot nicer than I had expected. The carpet looked new and bed was comfy. The bathroom was well stocked with towels and very clean. The only problems I had were a slow shower drain (the water was almost ankle deep when I would get done showering) and a shower curtain that would stick to me while I was the in the shower (I ened up just putting it on outside of the tub and dealing with the puddle it left).

Disneyland Day!
We got up and 6 and got down to the gates around 7:30. Boyfriend stood in line while I got a birthday sticker at guest services. We watched the band perform and Alice, the Mad Hatter, and the Queen of Hearts play with a family while we waited to be let in. As soon as we made it through the gates we headed for Fantasyland. Since we were walking at a brisk pace we got in front of the crowd and Boyfriend was able to snap a photo of me by the Partners statue (castle in the background) without another single soul in the picture. After that we high tailed it to the castle and as Boyfriend was getting ready to take a picture of me in front of the castle a very kind gentleman with two very cute kiddos offered to take the picture. It turned out so good! We were the first people to ride Peter Pan and I think were the first on Snow White. We then walked onto Mr Toads and I was satisfied with Fantasyland.
After FL we headed over to Tomorrowland then Toontown and were able to finish off those two lands in about an hour. We then took a ride on Pirates, hit up Indy and the Jungle Cruise and then rode the train back to main street. Did a little shopping and grabbed a locker, then it was time for the Blue Bayou. Our server was so awesome! We left a compliment for him at City Hall later in the day. The Monte Cristo was excellent and the Mickey Mouse chocolate mouse was so yummy! After lunch we killed some time by walking around NOS and looking in all the shops. Then we headed back over to FL for a ride on the tea cups. Now this is were my memory gets fuzzy lol. The rest of our day insluded: Pooh, Storybook boats, Fantasmic!, a trip back to the hotel for some warmer clothes, another ride on Buzz, dinner at the Bengal BBQ, a Dole whip, It's a Sn\mall World, hot chocolate, and some more shopping. I just don't remember in which order all those things happened lol.
It was so nice to hear the "Happy Birthday!"s as we walked through the park all day. We stopped at the wishing well earlier in the day and Snow White and Cinderella just happened to be walking up and they wished me a Happy Birthday, so that was a nice moment.
We ended our day (after ducking out on the last few minutes of F!) with a ride on Pirates. I admit it, I took some flash photos. The skeleton steering the ship at the start of the ride and the jail birds at the end, just in case those things get changed.

DCA Day!
After we check out of thehotel we started the day with an 8:30 reservation at Storyteller's. The food was good, but I doubt we go back again. There wasn't anything wrong with the food, service, or the place in general, I just don't think it was worth the wait.

This was my first trip to DCA. Boyfriend had been there once before, but it was right after the park opened. We entered the park at around 9:45 and when they opened the rides we rushed to Monster's Inc. I really liked the ride! I love the movie and thought it was a pretty cute ride. After that we hit up Soarin', Screamin', got a corn dog, rode Grizzly River Run, saw Stitch in the Chracter Close Up, rode the bumper cars, Tower of Terror, did Turtle Talk, and had some great food at the Pacific Wharf Cafe. After we walked around a bit more we figured we had done everything we wanted to do and left the park at 2:45.

I still need to upload my pictures, so I'll post those in a bit!

JDBlair
03-07-2006, 04:44 PM
Happy Birthday! Doesn't sound like your birthday could have been any better!

CariBelle
03-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Thanks JD!

and here is the link to my pics: http://community.webshots.com/user/wadders25 (Disneyland 2006 folder)

JDBlair
03-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Thanks JD!

and here is the link to my pics: http://community.webshots.com/user/wadders25 (Disneyland 2006 folder)
The pictures in front of the castle and with Partners, those are priceless. I hope you frame them. I don't think I have ever seen that area empty! Thank you for sharing the pics!!!

CariBelle
03-07-2006, 05:13 PM
The pictures in front of the castle and with Partners, those are priceless. I hope you frame them. I don't think I have ever seen that area empty! Thank you for sharing the pics!!!

I am so going to frame them, probably in a 5X7 size. We kinda hurried down there because I wanted to get a shot with only a few people in it, I didn't even think I could get one with NO people in it lol

5-4-fun
03-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the trip report. Sounds like you had a great birthday, and the pics were great!! Loved the photos in front of the castle!

CariBelle
03-07-2006, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the trip report. Sounds like you had a great birthday, and the pics were great!! Loved the photos in front of the castle!
I did have a great birthday, 24 has been the best one so far.