PDA

View Full Version : Bread Bowls?

Gymgirl975
03-07-2006, 11:40 AM
My daughter's favorite meal are the bread bowls from Cafe Orleans. It is going to be closed on our trip. Are the bread bowls sold anywhere else?

I want to thank everyone for answering all of my questions-----you all have helpd SO much.

pastrylover
03-07-2006, 11:43 AM
Yes, go to DCA and take the bakery tour that way she can see them being made/baked and then you can eat them at the restaurant attached!

geoffa
03-07-2006, 11:44 AM
My daughter's favorite meal are the bread bowls from Cafe Orleans. It is going to be closed on our trip. Are the bread bowls sold anywhere else?

I want to thank everyone for answering all of my questions-----you all have helpd SO much.
They are also available at Royal Street Veranda in NOS.:)

hlbtimes2
03-07-2006, 11:58 AM
You can get a bread bowl with chili at refreshment "coke" corner. Or one with clam chowder (and maybe veggie stew?) at Riverbell Terrace.

Malcon10t
03-07-2006, 12:56 PM

I want to thank everyone for answering all of my questions-----you all have helpd SO much.You can find them just about everywhere. French Market and Riverbelle Terrace both have them. The Golden Horseshoe has Chili bowls. Royal Street Varanda has chowder and gumbo bowls. Over in DCA, you can get clam or corn chowder, along with chili and broccoli and cheese soup in the bowls.

amarvel
03-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Oh goodness this is my favorite and didn't realize it was going to be closed, good to know there are other places to get my favorite dish :)

Quinten27
03-07-2006, 01:07 PM
I love the brocoli cheese breadbowls there in DCA.......only 9 more days and I'll be munching on one!

CariBelle
03-07-2006, 01:16 PM
I love the brocoli cheese breadbowls there in DCA.......only 9 more days and I'll be munching on one!

I just had that one for the first time yesterday and it wa so good! I'll admit that I ordered it because I'm from Bakersfield, but it turned out to be a very good choice!

Opus1guy
03-07-2006, 01:50 PM

Coincidently, we just had a thread on this right here in the Disneyland forum not 2 weeks ago. See:

Best Bread Bowl soup? (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=53845&highlight=bread+bowls)

...for lots of information and opinion.

:)

bekky
03-07-2006, 02:29 PM

YES YES YES ! ... I waited in a longggg line for one - but totally worth the wait. Not to mention a few of the others in our party who went in a smaller line and had burritos kept trying to eat off my plate ! very yummy

I had to promise my kids we would make them when we got home !