PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Talk With Crush... secrets?

Pages : [1] 2

Keurigirl
03-06-2006, 10:36 PM
I've searched the board, but can't find any secrets or spoilers of how they do this new attraction!

We saw it for the first time last week and I love it - but I am dying to know how they do it. Anyone have any links or info they can share with me? Theories/discussions about this are welcome too!

Thank you!!

potzbie
03-06-2006, 11:10 PM
If they do it like a video game, then maybe they use a joystick and buttons.

A headset could be wired so that the mouth of the speaker is simulated by Crush's mouth.

Maybe one person controls Crush's face and words, and someone else controls the body.

In the movies, it took many people to "do" Audrey Jr. ("Little Shop of Horrors" the musical).

Someone with connections should ask to see the control board.
Where are the MousePlanet insiders??? Where is the photo by Darkbeer???
[just kidding]

junglemom
03-07-2006, 05:32 AM
Secret... I told the Emcee that it was my daughter's 5th birthday hoping crush would sing to her(I saw someoneget sung to the day before). It's very cute he says "dude, dude, dude, dude, duuuude, dude to the H.B. tune. Well , they never did it and crush left. I was very dissapointed, but thankful she didn't hear me ask, so she wasn't. Then as we were getting up the CM called us over and asked if we could wait until the room cleared. Us and another family were left. THey shut the doors and Crush came swimming back in. The other family had a little guy that was too shy in front of everybody to ask his question. The little guy asked his question, then Crush talked to my kids and then asked Molly if it was her birthday, then sang to her. It was sooo great! Crush even remembered us from the show when he asked where we were from, he told us to have a great drive back to Tucson.

going2disneyAZ
03-07-2006, 05:46 AM
Secret... I told the Emcee that it was my daughter's 5th birthday hoping crush would sing to her(I saw someoneget sung to the day before). It's very cute he says "dude, dude, dude, dude, duuuude, dude to the H.B. tune. Well , they never did it and crush left. I was very dissapointed, but thankful she didn't hear me ask, so she wasn't. Then as we were getting up the CM called us over and asked if we could wait until the room cleared. Us and another family were left. THey shut the doors and Crush came swimming back in. The other family had a little guy that was too shy in front of everybody to ask his question. The little guy asked his question, then Crush talked to my kids and then asked Molly if it was her birthday, then sang to her. It was sooo great! Crush even remembered us from the show when he asked where we were from, he told us to have a great drive back to Tucson.

Too COOL!!!

hbquikcomjamesl
03-07-2006, 06:24 AM
I was under the impression that this was an Epcot attraction, in Living Seas. Has it come to Anaheim? Where??

junglemom
03-07-2006, 06:38 AM
It's in DCA in the in the Animation Studio building. The one where you can learn to draw characters and haev Ursula steal your voice. When you go in the building it's on the right.

cfrith
03-07-2006, 07:37 AM
Is this usually pretty packed? This sounds so great! What are the chances of getting personal interaction with our family?

junglemom
03-07-2006, 07:47 AM
It usually fills up, just get there a little early. The kids sit on lily pads, grown ups on chairs behind them(you can sit on the lilypads too if you want). Make sure your kids are ready with a question and eager. The Emcee calls for question then Crush tells him who to pick, so if they are eager they will get chosen. I read somewhere have tehm where something noticeable, cute hat or something. My older son got picked then Crush asked who his parental units were, so I got put on the spot. It was funny though, he asked me how many off spring I had, and I told him 4. He said "Ohhhh, so your totally just getting started!"

Keurigirl
03-07-2006, 07:50 AM
It being packed depends on how busy the park is. They have shows every half hour. We've seen in packed and we've walked right into it.

Crush chooses who he talks to for the most part, though he does ask for questions, so it's up to the CM Emcee to choose a couple kids and one adult. If you're enthusiastic, you may get chosen.

FMTX
03-07-2006, 10:04 AM

How cool is that. Now that is Disney service!

cryan71
03-07-2006, 10:07 AM
What? It isn't real?

potzbie
03-07-2006, 10:39 AM
What? It isn't real?

Well, it took a while for the Disney Imagineers to figure out how to link up the back side of the DCA ANIMATION BUILDING with the PACIFIC OCEAN.
;)
That's a lot of pounds-per-square-inch for a room which used to be a movie theater!

nvmom
03-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Well we didn't make it to Crush this trip... but it sounds a lot like when you talk to Stitch inside of Innoventions. We've done that twice and it's so, so fun!! It's just your family and Stitch, totally personal, and Stitch is a scream.

nvmom

geoffa
03-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Secret... then Crush talked to my kids and then asked Molly if it was her birthday, then sang to her. It was sooo great! Crush even remembered us from the show when he asked where we were from, he told us to have a great drive back to Tucson.
THAT is the MAGIC of Disney. CMs can do some great stuff if you ask in a polite and nice way. We had a great birthday party for a 36 y.o. at Disney Paris where Mickey brought in the cake and loads of characters stood around, dancing and clapping to Happy Birthday. That 36 y.o. has never forgot it but our two nephews 3 1/2 and 5 are TOTALLY convinced that Mickey is a personal friend of ours because of that day. He even danced with them and did a conga!The fact that they get Christmas cards from M.Mouse also adds to the magic! (WINK! WINK!)

I know a story about a little girl at WDW who was on her way to the Cinderella breakfast at the castle. She tripped and fell and consequenly broke her tiara and tore her dress. She still had tears on her face when she arrived at the castle. A CM asked what had happened. During breakfast,Cinderella arrived at the little girl's table with a "server" carrying a cushion on which was a new tiara, Cinderella told the little girl she had heard what had happened and had got her mice to make a new tiara. You can't buy moments like that.

Back on thread....As for how Crush works its pretty much as described above - just clever computer progamming. "Crush" (backstage) has a microphone and the sound levels "activate" the mouth of Crush onscreen. And so, Cryan71, Crush is totally real, DUDE!:)

Genris
03-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Just a plug for Crush, he is one awesome dude :D
My 11 year old could not figure out how it was done, and was dumbfounded. Finding out that Disneyland can still be magic, even for an oldster like her, was really wonderful :)

potterphreak
03-07-2006, 08:06 PM
I've been to Innoventions, where is the Stitch phone????? NEAT-O!!!

(I am a major fan of Turtle Talk-I even go when I don't have kids!)

Funny way to get Crush to talk to you: I had my 2 yr. old niece on my lap and she was picking her nose (EWWWWWWWWWW!) and he "picked" us to talk to, even tho we didn't have our hands up. He totally freaked when I told him her name was Kickin' Katie!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOVE that show!!!!!!

cfrith
03-08-2006, 11:52 AM
He totally freaked when I told him her name was Kickin' Katie!!! !

I don't get this...:confused:

Keurigirl
03-15-2006, 08:56 PM
Cfrith- When Crush finds out what your name is, (i.e., mine's Stephanie) he then makes up a "surfer" name for you. I'd probably Surfin' Stephanie or something. So I'm guessing Crush thought it was awesome that she already had a surfer name!

Darkbeer
03-16-2006, 09:11 AM
The telephone to talk to Stitch is on the second floor of Innoventions, to the right of the ASIMO theater. Look for the Beach Hut.

Imagineer In Training
03-16-2006, 05:15 PM
i was under the impresion that the whole thing is computer done...a person stands behind the screen and can see through...they can talk into some sort of a recorder to reply personally to the audience and they have an array of different types of moves that crush can make and they just choose on the computer which one suits the moment....anyway thats what i've always thought.

cfrith
03-16-2006, 08:03 PM
i was under the impresion that the whole thing is computer done...a person stands behind the screen and can see through...they can talk into some sort of a recorder to reply personally to the audience and they have an array of different types of moves that crush can make and they just choose on the computer which one suits the moment....anyway thats what i've always thought.

That's what I thought it was too, but from what these posts are saying it sounds like a cm is controlling it?

I've never seen it...

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-16-2006, 08:20 PM
Chaw!!!

Imagineer In Training
03-16-2006, 08:48 PM
well no matter what it is that they do to make the whole thing work i think the most important thing is that its magical right??

because its totally awesome!:p

junglemom
03-16-2006, 09:03 PM
because its totally awesome!:p

It so totally ROCKS!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Dddddddddduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudddddddddddddddddddeeeee eeeee!