PDA

View Full Version : Map Poster

WITron
03-06-2006, 05:47 PM
I was wondering if they still sell souvenier map posters. I have a poster of DCA and would like to get one of DL to compliment it. If anyone knows if the sell them and what the price is I would greatly appreciate it.

Mermaid
03-06-2006, 08:18 PM
I got a DL poster in Sept. I bought it in the shop in Tommorrowland- name escapes me, the big one near Space. I saw it a few places though. I think it was $5 or $6. I really like it, but I don't have it up!!

PeoplemoverMisser
03-06-2006, 09:51 PM
I was wondering if they still sell souvenier map posters. I have a poster of DCA and would like to get one of DL to compliment it. If anyone knows if the sell them and what the price is I would greatly appreciate it.

We bought one in '95 - it had the "40 Years of Adventures" logo on it - so we're hoping to get a 50th one this time. Back then, the only place we could find it was the 5 & Dime in Toontown (anyone know if that's still true?) Where did you get the DCA one?

WITron
03-06-2006, 10:14 PM
I got the DCA poster at the outlet when it was here at Gurnee Mills. That was 3 years ago. I am finally getting around to getting a frame for it. It was interesting because it is from th first year of operation and shows the Soap Opera Bistro and Super Star Limo.

WITron
03-09-2006, 03:34 AM
Are the maps that are sold in the park rolled or folded? I am hoping they are rolled, because I don't want the marks on the poster.

geoffa
03-09-2006, 04:19 AM
I'd suggest calling at the Disney Gallery at NOS. They can print most stuff you ask for if they don't have copies readily available. Their catalog is pretty extensive.You can get a poster tube to keep them safe. But I'm pretty sure you'll get them at lots of locations around the park. Just ask at City Hall.:)

geoffa
03-09-2006, 05:28 AM
And have you guys seen this? :

http://disneyshopping.go.com/DSSectionPage.process?Section_Id=14640&Product_Id=181853&CLK=DS__CROSS_IMG&CLKADD=t

yellowrosedtxn
03-09-2006, 05:37 AM
I got my Disneyland Map at the store in Toontown. It is folded unfortunately.

I am on the hunt for the DCA map this summer when I get there. Wish me luck!

Karin
03-09-2006, 05:48 AM
I've got one from 1958. Any idea how to go about assessing it's value?

FMTX
03-09-2006, 07:08 AM

In late November they were everywhere. We got ours in main store in Frontierland. I can't remember the name of the store, but saw them in several stores. They were like $5/$6 bucks. They were folded.

SandraVB79
03-09-2006, 07:20 AM
Right now, they sell a framed DL-map on www.disneyshopping.com + all kinds of pins you can put on the frame. It looks really neat!

PeoplemoverMisser
03-09-2006, 10:43 PM
I got my Disneyland Map at the store in Toontown. It is folded unfortunately.

I am on the hunt for the DCA map this summer when I get there. Wish me luck!

If I find either Dl or DCA in April, you'll get location & price details

DonDuck
03-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Many of the stores have the folded map for less than $10 (I think I paid $8 when we visited last year). There was an old thread where someone carefully ironed it and it got most of the creases out). I bought this one for the kids, so they don't mind the fold marks.

At the Disney Gallery (above PotC) and World of Disney (downtown disney) you can get the printed posters in various sizes on rolled paper. They even put it in a tube for added protection. I bought a Sam McKim map, 24"x32" paper for $30. I got mine at the gallery and it was ready for pick up a few hours later. They had these in smaller and larger sizes and could also be printed on canvas (much more expensive). Lots of other posters to choose from, too (oh, I was so tempted). I bought this last fall.

WITron
03-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the help. I was talking with my wife this evening and made the comment that the maps come folded and not rolled and she also mentioned ironing it. So, I will have to look into that.

PeoplemoverMisser
04-27-2006, 06:16 PM
I looked all over DCA last week and the closest I got to an "answer" beyond a blank stare was that they were pulled before the Monsters Inc ride -- ahem, attraction -- opened. If they get released again, could someone please post?