PDA

View Full Version : Crowds & Weather

PrincessRose
03-06-2006, 04:32 PM
Hey folks. This is my first post here! :)

We're headed down to the park on Saturday afternoon and we'll be there thru Tuesday (the 14th). What shall I expect crowd wise? Anyone there this week and able to report back on crowds on Sun, Mon & Tues? I know it's off-season and usually quiet, but I don't buy that anymore.

Also, I don't whole-heartedly trust the weather webpages, so what's it like? Shorts weather during the day?

Keurigirl
03-06-2006, 04:39 PM
Ahh. We were there last week (Sat, Sun & Mon). Crowds were terrible on the weekend, but Monday was heavenly! We actually got more done on the weekend by leaving about 2, and coming back about 7 for fireworks and the parade. Much more energy!

It was about 70 degrees - my husband wore shorts, but needed a fleece in the morning and evening to keep warm. I wore pants, and at morning and night needed a sweatshirt to keep warm, as well. It rained a bit on Monday, too, so don't forget raingear. :)

mareed
03-06-2006, 04:56 PM
We'll be there at the same time, and while I don't necessarily trust the weather forecast, it looks to me like it will be pretty cool! I just added a few more long-sleeved shirts as well as some gloves, umbrellas, & ponchos to my packing pile. The forecast on Accuweather has highs in the upper 50's and lows in the mid 40's. That's cold to me!

PrincessRose
03-06-2006, 05:02 PM
40s and 50s! NOooooooo! :(

The weather channel has the weather in the upper 50s and low 60s. And weather underground has it in the mid 50s.

Ugh! See, even the websites can't agree! :) I guess I"ll just have to keep checking. Or maybe I'll just call Mickey and ask. :)

Mark Goldhaber
03-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Out-of-towners coming in for the shareholder meeting may make the parks even more crowded over the weekend.

PrincessRose
03-08-2006, 11:53 AM
I was just wondering if anyone has just returned from a long week-end (Sat-tues) at DL and can report on the crowds.

CariBelle
03-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Sunday was crowded, but not super bad. Our longest wait was about 15 minutes in the Buzz standby, we used FPs for all the other major rides. Monday at DCA wsan't crowded at all. We waited 25 minutes for Soarin' but everything else was a walk on.

MsYumiBr
03-08-2006, 12:15 PM
Sunday was 85 minute wait for Monster's Inc. Kids waited almost 3 hours for Splash before they closed the doors and made everyone get out of line. We should have gone to Pirates.

Gymgirl975
03-08-2006, 12:30 PM
I realize that at this stage I am overplanning, but what the heck.

We are arriving on Saturday :fez: I know it's supposed to be crazy crowded.

We arrive at SNA at 9:05. We will go from there to check in at the PPH and then hope to hit DCA not much later than 10:30. (Does that sound feasible?)

Anyway, we will probably stop for fast passes for Soarin' and then head to Monsters. Anyone know if we can get there before the lines get over 30 minutes or so?

PrincessRose
03-08-2006, 03:01 PM
I'm overplanning too. But, I just want to know what to expect.

Unless you're renting a car, I don't know that 10:30 is a realistic time to expect to be at DCA. I'm thinking 11 or 11:30 is more realistic. But, I could be wrong.