PDA

View Full Version : It's all over... *SIGH*

bekky
03-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Our long awaited trip ... its now come and gone.

Im still on that * Disney High* but soooooo tired too !!!

We had a wonderful time ... I will try and post a report later & let you all know what we actually did "skip" & "didnt miss" ! thanks for all the suggestions

So ... is there such a thing as the POST DISNEYLAND BLUES ???

Crazy4DL
03-06-2006, 02:22 PM

Oh, most certainly :(

Glad you had fun. Will be fun to hear all about it and see some pictures too. :)

Enter The Mouse
03-06-2006, 02:24 PM
I get post Disneyland blues. There is a small remedy to ease the pain: start thinking about your next trip. Mines not until spring of 2007, I'm already thinking about it. lol.

Keurigirl
03-06-2006, 02:31 PM
Oooohh yeah. I get the post disneyland blues!!!

Quinten27
03-06-2006, 02:43 PM
lol I'm suffering from the Pre-Disneyland Jitters! 9 Days..........I can't wait!

Pat-n-Eil
03-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Normally I get the post-Disneyland blues.. I just got back Saturday, but this time we had such a great trip where we were able to do everything we wanted to do and more.... I feel satisfied.

I do know now, after visiting with just my friend Dave, that my next visit (whenever it is) will be just my wife and I - and I think it will be magical and romantic. I now know for a fact that DLR without kids is also very enjoyable.

findin mickeys
03-06-2006, 03:20 PM
I get the post-Dland blues everytime. It is hard to come down from that "high", but planning my next trip (and searching for viable excuses to convince my wife that we need to return sooner rather than later) does help alieve them a bit.

MonorailGuy82
03-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Wow, I thought I was alone in all this. I definitely get the "Disneyland Blues" after every trip. And I too find the best way to ease the pain is to look forward to the next trip. Of course, now that I live in San Diego and I'm just a hop, skip and a jump away from the park, I seem to be on a once-a-month pace. Going that often also helps ease the pain. haha.

Just got back from Disneyland this weekend. Went March 3-5. Good times...

bekky
03-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Wow, I thought I was alone in all this. I definitely get the "Disneyland Blues" after every trip. And I too find the best way to ease the pain is to look forward to the next trip. Of course, now that I live in San Diego and I'm just a hop, skip and a jump away from the park, I seem to be on a once-a-month pace. Going that often also helps ease the pain. haha.

Just got back from Disneyland this weekend. Went March 3-5. Good times...

We probably passed each other somewhere in the park then .. we were there on the 2-4.
Thursday was the ideal park day - blue skies, nice breeze, small crowds

We managed to live through the Friday morning FLOODS ... :eek: !

But then Sat the huge crowds of people made us glad we were there on the two other days.

We went shopping in downtown disney sunday .... it seemed that there were even MORE people going into the parks than on Sat - was it really bad ?

twist1980
03-06-2006, 07:34 PM

Heck ya there is! And I'm convinced that it can be cured by living as close as possible to the mouse! Now if only my boyfriend would fall for that!

I'm so awful, that my DL blues start a week before I leave for DL! Its just that I know I don't have anything else to look forward to and its all over!

cfrith
03-06-2006, 07:37 PM
Everytime I get back from both SoCal and Disneyland I get a major case of the blues. I've wanted to live in SoCal for many years, and my best friend moved to San Diego a few years ago, so whenever I visit I have these intense feelings of wanting to stay there forever. Driving along the ocean, it is just so breathtaking and amazing. The last time I was there I started getting the blues before I even left- thinking about how I wish I never had to leave... :( I know there are bad points to living there- but it sure is beautiful. Last time I told DH if we don't move there I absolutely must visit at least once a year. Of course we missed last year (we were building a new house)...sigh.......

ghoofie
03-07-2006, 01:06 PM
I usually get the Disneyland-is-over-blues when I'm checking out of the Candy Cane before the drive home.

kohl
03-07-2006, 01:13 PM
We have been back since Saturday and we all have the Disneyland blues.
The only good thing is we bought the Disneyland dishes in Disneyland so now we can think of being there everyday!

bekky
03-07-2006, 02:37 PM
We have been back since Saturday and we all have the Disneyland blues.
The only good thing is we bought the Disneyland dishes in Disneyland so now we can think of being there everyday!

Well , I splurged on some of the pro portraits & also the disneyland now & forever book & Im editing my pictures to burn and get developed .. so I have to say that looking at the pictures is bringing a lot of smiles !

my daughter wore her big disneyland poncho to school today over her mickey t-shirt complete with mickey earrings and necklace !

Seems everyone wants to hold onto the trip a bit longer

MonorailGuy82
03-07-2006, 03:14 PM
We probably passed each other somewhere in the park then .. we were there on the 2-4.
Thursday was the ideal park day - blue skies, nice breeze, small crowds

We managed to live through the Friday morning FLOODS ... :eek: !

But then Sat the huge crowds of people made us glad we were there on the two other days.

We went shopping in downtown disney sunday .... it seemed that there were even MORE people going into the parks than on Sat - was it really bad ?

Haha we probably passed each other at some point as well as a few others on these forums apparently. I drove up from San Diego Thursday afternoon and saw a concert at The House of Blues at Downtown Disney that night. I love seeing concerts there and whenever there is a good show scheduled, it gives me an excuse to make another trip up for Disneyland. :~D

Friday we just stayed in our hotel room until around 3pm so the weather had pretty much cleared by that time. The park was EMPTY. Of all my trips to Disneyland in my 23 years of existance, this was the first time I ever recall it raining on a day at Disneyland. Friday evening was so nice. Sure we got a late start that day, but the non-existent crowd made up for it. We got most of the stuff done that evening and even had to tell ourselves we still have the rest of the weekend so we better save some things to do later. LOL.

Saturday and Sunday were very busy. Sunday was worse than Saturday I think. I have a season pass, but my friend was using a So Cal 2-day parkhopper. I convinced her to upgrade to a So Cal AP for just $70 more. :~D Se we thought, heck why not go back Sunday and do a few last minute things in the park. We both needed to take purchases back. She wanted to return some things she bought and I took a poster print back to the gallery because it appeared there was something wrong with the print. ANNNNNNNNYWAY, we went back on Pirates one last time before heading out.

Heck ya there is! And I'm convinced that it can be cured by living as close as possible to the mouse! Now if only my boyfriend would fall for that!

I'm so awful, that my DL blues start a week before I leave for DL! Its just that I know I don't have anything else to look forward to and its all over!

Exactly. You go through all this anticipation before hand that once it comes and passes, you're left with a bit of a let-down. It reminds me a lot of Christmas and the Holiday season. All this build up and anticipation and then BAM it's over. I sit and think, now what? Ohhh, back to the real world...and then I get depressed. LOL. When I was younger it would hit before the end of my trip. By the last day, I was usually upset it's almost over. I'm usually known to start planning my next trip immediately after getting home.

Even before I moved to San Diego, I got an AP and came down many times a year. I work for an airline so when I was living and working in San Jose CA, it was no problem. I was just an hour away. ;) Actually, trips to Disneyland are more expensive for me now since I have to pay for gas to drive the 90 mile (one-way) trip. Too bad my airline doesn't fly from San Diego to Orange County. But I digress...

bekky
03-07-2006, 03:25 PM
[QUOTE=MonorailGuy82] When I was younger it would hit before the end of my trip. By the last day, I was usually upset it's almost over. [QUOTE]

Thats funny ... I caught myself numerous times on our last day stopping in my tracks just to " take it all in " no matter where I was at the time - I just wanted to appreciate it all while it was still happening !

.. amongst all the chaos it can fly by pretty quick - which it did

I Heart Disneyland!
03-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Absolutely! I get post-DL blues every time I go there, because I never quite know when the next trip will pop up.

cfrith
03-07-2006, 05:23 PM
[QUOTE=MonorailGuy82] When I was younger it would hit before the end of my trip. By the last day, I was usually upset it's almost over. [QUOTE]

Thats funny ... I caught myself numerous times on our last day stopping in my tracks just to " take it all in " no matter where I was at the time - I just wanted to appreciate it all while it was still happening !

.. amongst all the chaos it can fly by pretty quick - which it did

I do exactly this on special vacations too!!!

RemainSeatedPlease
03-07-2006, 08:02 PM
You mean there is a time without Post Disneyland Blues!!!!;)