PDA

View Full Version : How sick is this?

Skunker
03-06-2006, 01:39 PM
My husband wants a pickup, so he says "We can go to Disneyland this fall if we buy it." He knows me well eh?

Hakuna Makarla
03-06-2006, 01:53 PM
well you can tell him, fine but I get the new wardrobe for the trip :) hey it goes both ways right LOL!

TikiGeek
03-06-2006, 01:58 PM
My husband wants a pickup, so he says "We can go to Disneyland this fall if we buy it." He knows me well eh?Sounds like a Win-Win situation. Enjoy your new truck and your trip to DL. ;)

JDBlair
03-06-2006, 04:04 PM
My husband wants a pickup, so he says "We can go to Disneyland this fall if we buy it." He knows me well eh?
He's genius!

Quinten27
03-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Now that is a smart man! If I ever marry someone who loves Disneyland as much as me I'll have to try that........I could use a truck.......and a trip DL to boot! :fez:

cfrith
03-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Wow! We are going to DLR this year instead of getting DH's 50-some inch plasma!

twist1980
03-06-2006, 07:28 PM
Lucky you! I'm sure you'll say yes so enjoy your truck and your trip to DL! :p

momuvseven
03-07-2006, 05:37 AM
There are dealers in our area that offer a free DL vacation with the purchase of a new truck. Tell the dealer you are willing to order the $40,000 + truck but only if they throw in a trip to DL. Otherwise you are going to Reno to buy that truck and save on taxes too!:D

momuvseven

raych30
03-07-2006, 05:40 AM
This includes staying on property, right??? :D

geoffa
03-07-2006, 08:34 AM
Wow! We are going to DLR this year instead of getting DH's 50-some inch plasma!

There's always Christmas....for the other luxuries in life there's always Mastercard!

Man! I love my plasma! (and here's the deal. You do DLR, take video and then relive your vacation on your new plasma screen!) :)

A lottery win would help a lot wouldn't it?

Klutch
03-07-2006, 09:41 AM
There are dealers in our area that offer a free DL vacation with the purchase of a new truck. Tell the dealer you are willing to order the $40,000 + truck but only if they throw in a trip to DL. Otherwise you are going to Reno to buy that truck and save on taxes too!:D

momuvseven

Dealers don't really "throw in" a trip to Disneyland. They just tack the cost onto the truck loan. This may still be OK, as long as you know that's what they are doing. Of course, the trip they tack onto your loan may be an overpriced package from a Travel Agency. An individual might be able to book the same trip much cheaper.

The Big Three (GM, Ford, Chrysler) are pretty desperate to sell trucks and SUV's these days (don't expect the dealer to admit it, but they are). Anyone buying such a vehicle should use this fact to her full advantage. Get the "dealer cost" from Edmunds.com and don't be afraid to play hardball! The money you save will likely pay for a trip to Disneyland!

Oh, and if you buy a vehicle in another state, you typically pay the local sales tax, then pay the sales tax AGAIN in your home state when you register it.

PeoplemoverMisser
03-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Oh, and if you buy a vehicle in another state, you typically pay the local sales tax, then pay the sales tax AGAIN in your home state when you register it.

We live in Washington and have bought 3 vehicles in Idaho. They indeed have to charge the Washington rate, which is about 2% higher - but that was instead of the local tax. Don't know if it's just a WA-ID thing, but worth inquiring about.