PDA

View Full Version : If I ran Disneyland...

Pages : [1] 2

CandiBell
03-06-2006, 11:17 AM
I would start offering frozen bananas covered in chocolate AND dipped in peanut butter.

(You know "new at the job" don't want to make too big a splash to start...)

How about you?

geoffa
03-06-2006, 11:40 AM
I would start offering frozen bananas ,,,,,,,,,
I'd have "strollers only lanes" and signs everywhere saying "the laying of flowers by any attraction or show is strictly forbidden".:fez:

FMTX
03-06-2006, 11:43 AM
I would have a annual pass option (agreed it would be more expensive) that will allow you to use it at both WDW and DL.

DianeM
03-06-2006, 11:50 AM
I would have the Electrical Parade EVERY weekend at DCA, and I'd turn DCA into a "must see" place by having all kinds of street attractions, from characters walking around to people juggling on stilts, and fantastic topiaries, and a dancing water's show that went off regularly. I'd turn DCA into a California version of Epcott, celebrating the ethnic diversity and history of California instead of the geography. There would be a China Town with Chinese Acrobats and dragons, and a Little Mexico with a street fair and dancers and real burros, and rotating ethinic exhibits reflecting the cultures of the state, which really reflect the cultures of the whole world. Have a "Napa" section with wine and cheese tasting (daily), and an earthquake exhibit where people can feel the ground shake, and an acquarium with Otters.

I would start offering frozen bananas covered in chocolate AND dipped in peanut butter.

(You know "new at the job" don't want to make too big a splash to start...)

How about you?

JookyG
03-06-2006, 12:30 PM
An adults-only day once a month would be nice, except that it would probably be so popular and crowded as to not be very fun.

And I'd move MSEP back to MS where it belongs.

geoffa
03-06-2006, 12:43 PM
An adults-only day once a month would be nice, except that it would probably be so popular and crowded as to not be very fun.

AMEN to that! However, statistically for every kid that goes to DL there are many adults. When it got overcrowded the adults would then start to behave like kids (like they usually do!):rolleyes:

MrsPooh
03-06-2006, 01:06 PM
I'd tear out Innoventions to start, and put in some kind of musical ride like America Sings was. I saw an idea once about using music from Disney movies. Think of America Sings were the characters pop up around the theater, only using the movie characters and songs, and the rotating theater.

I'd keep the current Dapper Dans!

I'd lower food prices!

HTanner
03-06-2006, 01:48 PM
If I ran Disney, I would open up the third park and call it "Retroland," which is where I would send old rides to die. That way, for those of us who could no longer live without Mr. Toad or Country Bear or the People Mover or Mission to Mars or.... we'd have a place to go visit them!!

Oh, and I'd also bring back the Big Thunder BBQ and strawberry waffles at Retroland.

I think I would also do a fan of the year contest every year and whomever won would get free passes/hotel stays for the next year.

Finally, I would do a yearly contest for Charity - Tom Sawyer Survivor Island. (Yeah, I'm stealing this from another thread...) or Disney's Amazing Race.

Enter The Mouse
03-06-2006, 02:37 PM

Umm...Disneyland is for everyone, especialy kids. You can't make it like a bar. I enjoy seeing the kids having fun, especially when they are really little.

I've never had problems with kids at disney...i wish i could say the same for adults.

Pat-n-Eil
03-06-2006, 02:48 PM

Lets not be too hasty to rule out this idea. How about one weekend a month it is open from midnight until the traditional 8:00am park opening - and adults only at that time?

iwannabeanimagineer
03-06-2006, 03:22 PM
I'd create a new themed land stretching from IASW's current location (oh, I'd demo it, BTW) to the submarine lagoon. Maybe a Toy Story theme where people are as big as toys. Or buy the rights to do Hogwarts there. And I'd invest in upgrading Tomorrowland 150% of what was spent on DCA.

Quinten27
03-06-2006, 03:49 PM
Well first thing I'd do is have a couple of the suites at the Grand Californian converted to my personal residence, then I'd be in the parks almost everyday, riding the rides, talking to guests, and personally keep an eye on everything that is going on.

Changes would be made to DCA, not huge changes, but enough to give it more appeal. (maybe like someone suggested earlier....have a Venice beach area with street performers). As for Disneyland itself.......a new skyride would be installed...one that goes from DL to DCA, and another that goes from tomorrowland to fantasy land..(I think more "in park" transportation would be a good thing).......HISTA would be replaced with a new sci-fi/space themed show.......and finally........in my new disneyland.....there wouldn't be any bees allowed. Not one.

DisneylandForever
03-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Replace Innoventions with a new version of the Carousel of Progess.

Bring the Peoplemover back.

Take out Aladdin's Oasis and bring the Tahitian Terrace back.

For starters. ;)

rentayenta
03-06-2006, 03:59 PM
^^^^^^^perfect. I would also bring back the subs. I loved the subs. I don't need no stinkin' Nemo.

I would also do something about the security check points. I'm not sure what but it would involve making them useful or getting rid of them.

bekky
03-06-2006, 04:09 PM
I'd turn DCA into a "must see" place by having all kinds of street attractions, from characters walking around to people juggling on stilts, and fantastic topiaries, and a dancing water's show that went off regularly. I'd turn DCA into a California version of Epcott, celebrating the ethnic diversity and history of California instead of the geography. There would be a China Town with Chinese Acrobats and dragons, and a Little Mexico with a street fair and dancers and real burros, and rotating ethinic exhibits reflecting the cultures of the state, which really reflect the cultures of the whole world. Have a "Napa" section with wine and cheese tasting (daily), and an earthquake exhibit where people can feel the ground shake, and an acquarium with Otters.

WOW ... I already Love CalAdventure (one of the few maybe ) but you have some awesome ideas - California really does have a LOT to offer that should be incorporated into the park.

Is there a version of a *Disney Suggestion Box* where you could send ideas to someone who actually has clout and could take them and run with them ?

DianeM
03-06-2006, 04:44 PM
I actually like DCA, too. I just think it could be better. Who knows... maybe somebody from Disney Corp reads this site. Maybe they would be willing to invest in DCA to make it the park it could be. Thanks for the nice words.

WOW ... I already Love CalAdventure (one of the few maybe ) but you have some awesome ideas - California really does have a LOT to offer that should be incorporated into the park.

Is there a version of a *Disney Suggestion Box* where you could send ideas to someone who actually has clout and could take them and run with them ?

potzbie
03-06-2006, 07:18 PM
I would have the Main Street Cinema change its show from its current format, black-and-white 1920s cartoons, to Disney (i.e., Buena Vista) movie trailers.

I want to see OLD YELLER and THE MONKEY'S UNCLE as they were being advertised.
And I would plaster the walls with Disney movie posters.
(All HERBIE movies; All KURT RUSSELL movies; All NATURE'S WONDERLAND shorts; All FESS PARKER movies; All FRED MCMURRAY movies; etc.)

In other words, it would be a modest version of DRAWN TO ANIMATION.
But whereas DRAWN TO ANIMATION is just a clip, I want to see the real two-minute trailer.

I would allow current movies to be advertised, so CHICKEN LITTLE and CARS would have equal footing with SNOW WHITE.
No more, no less.

Disney management ought to do this because it will boost sales (see 20th Century Music Shop next door to the theater) of slow moving DVDs like THE BLACK CAULDREN and THE FOX AND THE HOUND and THE RELCUTANT DRAGON.
(No one is selling the Robert Benchley live action plus animation version of THE RELUCTANT DRAGON. I can check out the cartoon from the public library, but no one has the Robert Benchley version.)

Wouldn't you like to like to see the "safety" short starring Jiminy Cricket?
("I'm no fool! No, sirree! I'm gonna live until I'm 93! ...")

minniemom
03-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Lets not be too hasty to rule out this idea. How about one weekend a month it is open from midnight until the traditional 8:00am park opening - and adults only at that time?

Now I would go for that!!!!

CandiBell
03-06-2006, 09:17 PM
Wow, y'all have some good ideas!

I wish I had thought of converting suites to my personal use....:cool:

Ragrobyn
03-07-2006, 07:18 AM
Wouldn't you like to like to see the "safety" short starring Jiminy Cricket?
("I'm no fool! No, sirree! I'm gonna live until I'm 93! ...")

Jiminy taught me how to spell "Encyclopedia" ! Even now, I hear the song in my head to spell it. Your idea is brilliant. You are hired!:D

dlandnut
03-07-2006, 07:23 AM
1. Bring back People Mover

2. Bring back Tahitian Terrace

3. Get rid of Innoventions and do something similar to "American Sings".

4. Create a "sit down" restaurant near IASW, near where they sell the turkey drumsticks?

5. Expand monorail service to include one more stop, i.e., Grand Californian.

6. Treat all disabled guests equitably.

7. Bring back the buckets in the sky (what were they called, for heck sakes???)

:)

raych30
03-07-2006, 07:27 AM
The adult's only idea is great!!! My husband thinks there should be a no stroller day at least once a month....(his idea, not mine) :)

geoffa
03-07-2006, 08:21 AM
Umm...Disneyland is for everyone, especialy kids. You can't make it like a bar. I enjoy seeing the kids having fun, especially when they are really little.

I've never had problems with kids at disney...i wish i could say the same for adults.

What about ADULTS only Midnight to 6 a.m.? OH! I see above that someone else came up with that one. As for the person suggesting a stroller free day - do you have a death wish ??????????????? (Not from me I may add.):rolleyes:

I'd build an adult coaster ride based on the door sequence from Monsters Inc. I know the existing dark ride is aimed at kids (of all ages) but those doors just ain't moving fast enough for me. And, yes, I like the Retroland idea - (imagine how you'd get to the rides surrounded by all those people still laying flowers:)

geoffa
03-07-2006, 08:24 AM
7. Bring back the buckets in the sky (what were they called, for heck sakes???)

:)

It was called Skyway:)

MrsPooh
03-07-2006, 08:59 AM
Well first thing I'd do is have a couple of the suites at the Grand Californian converted to my personal residence,

Grand Californian, heck, I want the apartment above firehouse! ;) If you are going to dream, do it grandly!