PDA

View Full Version : I dont know if I should Laugh or Cry going thru 25 years of photos

Pages : [1] 2

disneyjunkie
03-05-2006, 10:56 PM
Ok so I am bad, all my photos are still in boxes and bags for 25 years documenting my daughtes lives. So I decided to orginize by first pulling out Disneyland vacation photos and Christmas photos.
Erg ...well it appears that my hubby has taken more photos of DL attractions than actual photos with people ( daughters and friends) in them.
I have photos of the almost complete submarine voyage underwater...the country bears show and country bear Christmas show, The Tahitian terrace Aladin show and the older fire and hula girl show. Tron is also in the photos as well at the train diorama. Great photos of tommorrowland on the move , with the peoplemover , the skyway and the subs.So now I will have to get out all my Disneyland books to document times by closing of the attractions and openning of new ones to time date the pics. Oh the pics of a fresh new Toontown and the Afternoon Toons are wonderful also just wish there were more of the kids. And yea lets not forget the pic of Trader joes skulls and te backside of water. And that wonderful old flat asphalt parking lot. My bad for letting him be in charge of the camera!

Doug
03-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Cool, make sure you post those pics online for all of us to enjoy :)!

Opus1guy
03-05-2006, 11:21 PM
I'm sorta the same way. Out in the Opus Archives I've got all manner of photos of Disneyland in the old days. Many of them..."In Color!" ;)

I recently came across a box of Kodachrome color slides of all of Disneyland and particulary the old pre-83 Fantasyland that look like they were taken yesterday. The colors are so brilliant and the film is so fine grain...they're really much better than I remember them back then!

If I ever get time, I'll have to get prints made and have them transfered to disc.

Got a great one of Skull Rock at night!

:)

hlbtimes2
03-06-2006, 08:21 AM
My husband is that way with the video camera. I'll never forget my mom being all excited to watch the video from our dd's first trip in 2000. She was so disappointed when it was over and it was mostly things like parades, fireworks,etc. Very little of our daring 2 year old enjoying the park!

Crazy4DL
03-06-2006, 08:26 AM
If I ever get time, I'll have to get prints made and have them transfered to disc.

That would be wonderful for us all to see. You too disneyjunkie.

I am a big believer in having someone in the pictures and since I am usually the one with the camera I get my way - heehee (keeps me out of the pictures too :p )

tod
03-06-2006, 08:52 AM
And yea lets not forget the pic of Trader joes skulls and te backside of water.

Isn't it Trader Sam?

--t
not going to the store till I get an answer

JookyG
03-06-2006, 12:32 PM
Here's hoping that the new Disney regime will restore the parks to their former glory!!!

Tomorrowland...need I say more?

disneyjunkie
03-06-2006, 12:56 PM
yep it is Trader Sam, I have the photo of his head collection.

Doug
03-19-2006, 12:57 AM
Sweet, post that bad boy!

Genris
03-19-2006, 06:10 AM
I understand about wanting to see more pics of the kids, but it sounds like you've got quite a treasure there. I would love to see some of those. I've looked around, trying to find photos or video of the submarine voyage to show my kids, and no luck. I hope you can post some here. :)

Tinkermommy
03-19-2006, 09:02 AM
Don't cry!

When you put the pictures in albums, you can "add" the kids with your journaling. If you group the pictures by some common theme, such as by "Tomorrowland," "Fantasyland," you can leave space on each page to write your general memories of the visits -- how the kids reacted, what they did that was special or memorable for whatever reason, which characters they met, where you ate -- whatever comes to mind.

If you have pictures from many visits it may be hard to remember specifics, but maybe certain pictures will jog your memory. And if not, heck, throw them all in one big "Happiest Place" album and just write whatever you remember, whenever it happened!

Be sure to ask your family what THEY remember, and include that, too! I'tll all come together for you!

disneyjunkie
03-19-2006, 04:45 PM
So now I have started separating them into with people, without people piles, then sub dividing the piles into years which is not easy with photos that arent dated some are some arent. I look at clothes and hairstyles to see what photo goes with the others lol, we have the older daughters year of the ponytail, the year of the too long bangs and the younger ones year she thought she was cool and wore sunglasses either on her face or head the whole trip. As far as attractions go I am refering to my Disney books to find what year it ended . I love the ones for the 35th aniversary since its all over the photo ops!
I picked up the 30th aniversary gold photo albumn with the castle medellion in the center and a neat gold pen to write on the black paper area next to the pictures to start my photo journey thru the years at Disneyland.

Uncle Orville
03-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Our personal photos are from WDW and don't start untill Jan '91.
I did find our Birnbaums guide from 1990 that we used. Some funny stuff in there.
I can break out the WDW 5 year anniversary book for some good mid-70's resort photos.
Going through 15 year old photos causes some good laughs, I can only imagine what 25 years does for you.

PapiBear
03-19-2006, 08:51 PM
I'm sorta the same way. Out in the Opus Archives I've got all manner of photos of Disneyland in the old days. Many of them..."In Color!" ;)

I recently came across a box of Kodachrome color slides of all of Disneyland and particulary the old pre-83 Fantasyland that look like they were taken yesterday. The colors are so brilliant and the film is so fine grain...they're really much better than I remember them back then!

:)You have me DROOLING in anticipation of what you, hopefully, will be sharing!

darph nader
03-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Don't laugh or cry. Do both. About 2 yrs ago my wife and i were cleaning out our closet, spent the next 3 hrs going thru old photos from before we were married up until that time. All i could hear in my mind was "Those Were The Good Times" by David Lee Roth.:cool:

Opus1guy
04-22-2006, 10:20 PM
I posted above:

I recently came across a box of Kodachrome color slides of all of Disneyland and particularly the old pre-83 Fantasyland that look like they were taken yesterday. The colors are so brilliant and the film is so fine grain...they're really much better than I remember them back then!

I finally came across the slides again and I scanned them. You can view them at:

http://pictures.aol.com/ap/viewShare.do?shareInfo=KnVVBplenSO1DZ8IZzPB8e0XJsU GYLWXCAWGYaJ5fCpWGd%2bBXiXp6w%3d%3d

Click on the "View Album As Guest" button and then on the next page, the "View" option. If you view as a "Slideshow" they'll appear bigger, but they may extend pass your screen size. If you want a higher resolution view, I suggest you download them to your computer and view them from there.

In addition to the Captain Hook's Restaurant photos with some shots of the dining area behind it, there's some interesting shots of the Castle back when they allowed vines to grow on her. A couple of shots of the old Disneyland Hotel North Garden Wings too. And a later-in-the-year shot of the Matterhorn with the old revolving Christmas Star atop her. Enjoy.

Rhiannon8404
04-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Wow! Those are really great. Thanks for shaing them with us.

disney jones
04-22-2006, 11:17 PM
the shots of Tomorrowland - awesome! thanks! :cool:

I Heart Disneyland!
04-22-2006, 11:27 PM
the shots of Tomorrowland - awesome! thanks! :cool:

Agreed! I love these photos, thanks Opus!

MrsG
04-23-2006, 02:01 PM
Excellent photos! Especially since I don't remember Skull Rock or Captain Hook's.

PanFan
04-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Those are fantastic! I wish the Captain Hook restaurant was still there (at at least that I remembered it). Here are some that I found from 1989 or 1990:

C:\Documents and Settings\Jeremy M. Truman\My Documents\Picasa Web Exports\Disneyland 1989 (I think)\index.html

I have no idea if I exported those correctly or not. If they didn't work, how can I get them posted or linked?

Alice sure did look different! And is there even a White Rabbit character anymore? I at least haven't seen him in quite a while, though this one is rather tall! Can anyone tell me what that Official Mouseclubhouse is all about? I don't remember it at all (even though I'm in the picture!).

PanFan
04-23-2006, 02:39 PM
Okay, so just after I posted, I realized that link is totally not going to work for anyone not using this computer. Soooo, how do I post pictures online or in a forum?

I Heart Disneyland!
04-23-2006, 02:42 PM
I sometimes feel like crying looking back because my kids are now grown up and I have them in the Party Gras parade, etc. Time goes so fast. Not to mention the changes to DL.

PanFan
04-23-2006, 03:01 PM
Okay, I created a blog and uploaded the four pictures I had to it, so hopefully this will work: http://jatruman.blogspot.com/

I Heart Disneyland!
04-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Okay, I created a blog and uploaded the four pictures I had to it, so hopefully this will work: http://jatruman.blogspot.com/

Adorable!!!!