PDA

View Full Version : Doubletree Hotel - Yea or Nay?

Squeaky
03-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Doubletree Hotel - Yea or Nay?

We always go through Priceline.com's "name your own price" for our Disneyland hotels, and we always end up staying at the Hyatt Regency Orange County. This time, Priceline set us up in the Doubletree Hotel in Orange. It looks like a nice hotel, but there are no pictures of the interior of the rooms, only pictures of the exterior and lounges are provided. Has anyone stayed there? Is it easy to navigate to and from Disneyland from it? It is a nice hotel? We feel so out of place... the Hyatt is sort of like our Disneyland home away from home, and it's like we've been evicted!! :( Any information/ hints / comments/ experiences with these two hotels are greatly appreciated!!!
Thank you!!!
Nicki (Squeaky) and Sean (Ilovemypixie)

Opus1guy
03-05-2006, 11:32 PM
It's a bit further away from Disneyland than the Hyatt. Last time I stayed there it was fine, but that was before the multi-million dollar renovation they just recently completed. I would suspect it's now better than when I last stayed there.

Perhaps someone that's stayed there recently will chime in.

But one of the best things about Doubletrees is that you get fresh hot chocolate chip cookies upon check-in! :)

yeartolate
03-06-2006, 04:56 AM
We stayed they several times before and once after the renovation.

The rooms were comfortable, the room service was decent and fairly priced.

It is "far" away, but it has it's own shuttle (never had to wait on either end) unlike many other hotels on the ART line (which I personally hate - but others adore).

It has a VERY small pool. It has a tennis court and a basketball court. Laundry facility was by the pool and a single washer and dryer.

It is right across from "The Block at Orange" - which provides a multitude of dining and shopping options as well as a Dave and Busters and AMC theater.

junglemom
03-06-2006, 06:48 AM
I always get the Hyatt too. My good friend got the DoubleTree and was very happy there, and she is pretty picky about hotels.

spectromen
03-06-2006, 07:27 AM
I find it quite nice. It's a straight shot drive down Chapman to Harbor or Disneyland Drive, should only take 5 minutes, and has the added bonus of being walking distance to the Block shopping center, whereas at the Hyatt you're basically just surrounded by other hotels and a Target. You will like - especially if you got a great Priceline rate! This is a tall, modern highrise, by the way, like Hyatt, but without the atrium.