PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain rehab extended...

Darkbeer
04-11-2002, 12:38 AM
The offical Disney site now lists the rehab thru June 14th...

But again, it has been delayed multiple times in the past, I wouldn't guarantee that it will be open on June 15th!!!!

tinkfreak
04-11-2002, 12:06 PM
I know it sounds hard to beleive, and I won't be shocked either if it's not true...but it actually looks as if it might happen. I haven't heard anything to the contrary.

tinkfreak
04-11-2002, 12:07 PM
Sorry I can't go into specifics.

zapppop
04-11-2002, 03:18 PM
Al said it's looking more and more like it's not gonna re-open until next year. He's waiting for confirmation from a source but he said it looks like we really are
" splashless until 2003 " .

Ace
04-11-2002, 03:50 PM
wel, it doesn't really matter to me since I go once a year anyway so if it's open then it's all ok.

Superty88
04-11-2002, 05:58 PM
lol i got to Disneyland on June 15th so im praying right now that it will open on June 14th.

disneyholic family
04-11-2002, 08:30 PM
well we get there in the middle of july, smack in the middle of summer....so i assume that while it will be more crowded than times square on new years eve, the silver lining is that all attractions will be up and running....

Darkbeer
04-11-2002, 08:46 PM
Beth... I hope that you and your family will have a great time at the DLR...

But, Superstar Limo, King Arthur's Carrousel, and more than likely Splash Mountain will be closed. (There is a lot of talk that doesn't look good for Splash being open.) And then, if you get there, and it is open, then it will be a pleasent surprise, not a disappointment.

Don't forget, there is a lot of good things at Disneyland.....

disneyholic family
04-11-2002, 08:59 PM
i can't imagine they'll have it closed in the summer if they can avoid it....
but since we're going to DL straight from 3 weeks at WDW (ok...so that is a wee bit strange....but since we live on the wrong side of the atlantic, it's not quite as strange as it sounds)...
anyway, we'll probably have ridden the WDW splash at least 15 times already before we get to DL...
although i can say we'll still be very disappointed, since it's probably our favorite at WDW and we're curious to make the comparison....

Darkbeer
04-13-2002, 11:03 PM
Here is the latest news report...

http://www.ocregister.com/business/ocbriefing00413cci.shtml

So only 5 peopel to a log, I wonder what type of restraints we will have....

and what about the wait time??

Well, we might get a single rider pass out of this.....

SimpTwister
04-13-2002, 11:42 PM
If they do 5 seats in a row, each with its own lapbar... that's about the least-horrible scenario I can imagine (besides converting to WDW-style, or just leaving the dang thing as it was!).

...as long as the seat back aren't too high. Guests should be able to look around.

MammaSilva
04-14-2002, 07:44 AM
well this blows, I have to say I was really hoping that they were just fixing something and the restraint thing was a pie in the sky thing, a seat back is goning to make the last drop suck no way to lean way back, no way for me to make sure Brandy is secured....we may have ridden Splash for the last time :(

HTHBellcaptain
04-14-2002, 08:09 AM
I am curious to see what it does to the thrill of the attraction. I'm sure once they finish out there at DL that they bring the changes to Splash Mountain at WDW.

malin
04-15-2002, 06:00 AM
WDW Splash already has seat backs and is just as good as the DL version.Infact its better.No more back ache or anything like that.The only down bit is that the lines will be longer as SM will only have five seats and not seven like it did before.I think people are already moaning for no reason.I think its nice to know that Disney is still willing to spend money on our safety.And now it will probely mean that I will be riding Splash in November after all can't wait.

Uncle Dick
04-15-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by malin
I think its nice to know that Disney is still willing to spend money on our safety.
I think Splash Mountain is perfectly safe for those who follow the rules and remain seated at all times. The only people who have to worry about getting injured are the dumb ones who stand up during the drop or attempt to exit the log or something to that extent. Personally, I think it's kind of sad that Disney has to rework the restraint system on a great ride just to prevent lawsuits from those who break the rules.

Marko50
04-15-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
Personally, I think it's kind of sad that Disney has to rework the restraint system on a great ride just to prevent lawsuits from those who break the rules. Amen.

And how strange is it that the lawyers came up with this?

downingfamily1
04-15-2002, 10:30 AM
I am very curious how this will work. I have two small children, and although they are tall enough I would not want them to ride without me being able to supervise them directly. When kids are little they need an adult who is able to hold on to them, both for safety reasons and because they tend to get scared. It looks as if Splash may not be appropriate for littler kids anymore.:confused:

corrinhorn
04-15-2002, 05:10 PM
It looks as though the June 14th date may be closer to the truth then it looks. When I was last there, I noticed that they have started to remove a little bit if the scaffolding from the front of the drop...

Hopefully nothing unfortunate will happen to push the date back...