PDA

View Full Version : What TL needs

Morrigoon
04-11-2002, 12:13 AM
Ah yes, another one of *these* threads.

TL's major problem has been keeping itself "tomorrow". Well, how about an Imagineering exhibit? They could stick that in the Nasa area if it's no longer being used. Allow guests to view "blue sky" artwork, and/or the plans for whatever's being built right now. As long as it's removed before the item in question is open to the public... it's always in the future :)

Nigel2
04-11-2002, 12:18 AM
Well they did give up on the semi-realistic future ideas (i.e. House of the future, people mover, and so forth). But basically you are proposing a version of what they have in the DL gallery. Actually that doesn't sound too bad, but they would have to keep a part of it underwraps if the ride was going to use some new technology. Then again... what new Dl attraction is on the horizon?

Speaking of that area... I wonder if basically the RR queue was just left "as is" where it could be turned on again... or if they took all the stuff out.

Morrigoon
04-11-2002, 12:21 AM
I'm amazed at how many people rave over that queue - I thought it was neat enough, but rather dull after the first 3 seconds. Gimme Circlevision and Peoplemover back that's all I ask. (Okay, i wouldn't complain if they ran the Skyway again)

Nigel2
04-11-2002, 12:26 AM
Hey it's has a higher entertainment value than other queues. It is close to Walt Disney World style where you go through the rooms and then you watch a movie and a small group gets to proceed to the loading area.

But I would take CV again rather than an empty building (hey that remindes me of something), but I don't want the PM back since it would be a greater step backwards... plus it isn't that thrilling.:D

cstephens
04-11-2002, 11:14 AM
Well, you know, there's that whole "Mission to Mars" exhibit that they can't replace because of the wildly successful run of that current film...

/cs

Mouse
04-12-2002, 08:09 AM
How about an international space station exhibit so that people could see the demotions of the thing? Or something about a human colony in space...that's pretty futuristic.

innerSpaceman
04-12-2002, 10:35 AM
What Tomorrowland needs . . . ?

One word - - - - HORIZONS!

Techie7
04-12-2002, 10:37 AM
ATTRACTIONS

Dave Z
04-12-2002, 10:49 AM
Not WAY off topic but remember when even the escalator/moving sidewalk at the Monorail seemed so futuristic? This is for you over 40 MPers.

DZ

Techie7
04-12-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Dave Z
Not WAY off topic but remember when even the escalator/moving sidewalk at the Monorail seemed so futuristic? This is for you over 40 MPers.

DZ

WAIT are you telling me that the speed ramp used to actually move... ;)
I am amazed when I look back at the things that were origionally debut in TL. I wish I had been around for its heyday.

coronamouseman
04-12-2002, 04:05 PM
Same old story here - get some new compelling attractions ........

You would think with possible themes involving intergalactic travel or warfare, time travel or even current US space technology, that the famous Disney Imagineers could come up with something exciting or interesting ................

Nigel2
04-12-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Mouse
How about an international space station exhibit so that people could see the demotions of the thing? Or something about a human colony in space...that's pretty futuristic.
Speaking of ISS (you should have seen how much work it was to name it) Why did SAP associate itself with it? Was it really associated with it or was it a lie?:D

Ace
04-12-2002, 09:01 PM
what tommorowland needs? A BULLDOZER.

MammaSilva
04-12-2002, 09:04 PM
Maybe because Technology is spinning so much faster than would be possible to even attempt to keep up with they should just ditch the whole concept of tommorowland and reinvent a "new" land in that area? Don't get me wrong I love Space Mt, Star Tours could use a new movie, HISTA is a fine place to sit and rest in air conditioned comfort on a hot day but since it is obivous that there is nothing "tommorow" about tommorowland, why not go a whole new direction?

Nigel2
04-12-2002, 09:40 PM
Well that was the point of this version... since it would be too hard to keep up they went for a more impossible and timeless design... which didn't quite work.

Gemini Cricket
04-12-2002, 10:00 PM
TL needs a major "E" ticket ride besides SM.
Alien Encounter would be cool.
:)

Nigel2
04-12-2002, 10:05 PM
I think it was dissussed here but if not... Eisner hates that ride (wuss):D Also it would clash with the family thing again.

Also honetly the design that RR's had (showcase) would have been better for WDW since they have the whole convention thing going for them.

SimpTwister
04-12-2002, 10:46 PM
Tomorrowland should be levelled.

...But there should always be a land in DL called 'Tomorrowland', featuring stark white concrete and that optimistic Apollo-era attitude.

So after the bulldozers have completed their job, a smaller Tomorrowland should rise from the rubble, with a few of your favorite yester-TL ;) attractions: Inner Space, Circle-Vision, maybe PeopleMover, maybe Buzz from MK.

With the leftover room, they should create an additional sci-fi-type land. Star Wars, Discoveryland, or something.

There could still be enough room left over to expand Fantasyland... :D