PDA

View Full Version : DaddyB's Photo Update is back! New!

Pages : [1] 2

DaddyB
03-04-2006, 08:26 PM
HEY KIDS!
Daddy's home!
http://www.visionsfantastic.org/daddyb/2006_02_28_Update/3.jpg
http://www.visionsfantastic.org/daddyb/2006_02_28_Update/02_28_Update.htm

Pictures of the secret bathroom!
Mickey on the Matterhorn!
Final "Pirates" pictures (including desktops, of course!)!
Inside the "Lilly Belle" Parlor car!

Let me know which one's you like best and which one's you're going to use as a desktop... (I'm needy that way)

junglemom
03-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Yeah, I love your photos!!! And thank you sooooo much for showing me the way! I was one of the few still in the dark! You Rock!:D

passthepixiedust
03-04-2006, 09:12 PM
YAY ! So glad you're back, DaddyB ! I missed getting my weekly look at the parks.

hlbtimes2
03-04-2006, 09:12 PM
Great to have you back!

bassett1976
03-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Thanks DaddyB,

Your pictures are wonderful and always inspire me. I did want to ask what settings you use on your canon on PotC to get those great shots. My shots are really dark and don't really come out. Any help you could give would be appreciated.

DangerMouse
03-05-2006, 07:32 AM
DADDYB! Hooray! Thrilled to see more of your gorgeous photos.

My favorites are definitely the ones of Mickey at the top of the Matterhorn with the castle in the foreground. They are just AWESOME. Gonna be using that one for my desktop.

Hope to see you around more often! Although with Spring Break coming up, I wouldn't blame you for staying away.

I'll just have to cycle through all these wonderful pics and change my desktop often. :D

Vegitabeta
03-05-2006, 07:48 AM
Thanks again for the photos DaddyB! I've got the one of the stone snake outside of Indy as my desktop. It's great, 'cos I'm doing depth of field in photography in college! Thanks again:)

DaddyB
03-05-2006, 09:43 AM
Thanks DaddyB,

Your pictures are wonderful and always inspire me. I did want to ask what settings you use on your canon on PotC to get those great shots. My shots are really dark and don't really come out. Any help you could give would be appreciated.

I force the ISO settings to 1600 and use my f/1.2 lens (fixed 50mm that equals an 80mm lens on my camera) that makes dark shots a little easier. I usually go full manual and set my shutter to around 50, but sometimes the shot is actually too bright in places! I have noticed that sometimes I can actually set my camera to 800 ISO and get away with shots that I can lighten in Photoshop. I've also taken to snapping the lens back and forth between auto focus and manual focus. Get it to focus once on a particular scene and take note of the distance you are away from the focal point... then use about that same distance for other characters in the scene or the next. Or just say "to heck with it" at times and set the lens to infinity distance and then dial it back just a little. Sharpen it up in the digital darkroom later. The ride is SO dark at times that the camera just can't focus on what you want.

The more expensive low f-stop lens really helps. I'm saving up for a wide angle low f-stop lens, but they're really expensive and I just had to spring for a new annual pass, nearly wiping out my personal savings account (squirreling away money left over from my weekly allowance).

potterphreak
03-05-2006, 10:11 AM
LOL OMG, I always thought the lady in Pirates was saying to Carlos "Don't be cheeky!" LOL Toooooooooooooo funny!!!!!!! Thanks for clearing that up!

DaddyB
03-05-2006, 10:36 AM
And let the debate begin...

(note: you might go back to the update and rest the arrow over that picture for some alternate text)

DangerMouse
03-05-2006, 10:51 AM
And let the debate begin...

(note: you might go back to the update and rest the arrow over that picture for some alternate text)

And I thought it was "Don't be chicken." :p

I Heart Disneyland!
03-05-2006, 11:37 AM
GREAT TO SEE YOU!!!!!!!! I love the photos!

geoffa
03-05-2006, 11:41 AM
[QUOTE=DaddyB][CENTER]HEY KIDS!
Daddy's home!

Man, your pics are always so wonderful. From the tulips to the railroad - each one is a delight.As a railroad geek I especially love the Lilly Belle Parlor Car shots. What a priviledge to be allowed inside. What an interior. Thank you SO, SO much for sharing those with us.

As for the "john" I guess (paraphrasing Doris Day) that

"My secret bathroom's no secret anymore!" and AMEN to that!:)

I Heart Disneyland!
03-05-2006, 12:58 PM
"My secret bathroom's no secret anymore!" and AMEN to that!:)

Yes, I WILL be seeking out that "secret" bathroom on my next trip! ha!

Nancy
03-05-2006, 02:36 PM
The pictures were great. I like the outting of the bathroom too. You probably hepled many a needy single daddy with a daughter issue. And for years I have been trying to see Eeyore in Indy. THANK YOU SO MUCH for that picture!!!

twist1980
03-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Woo Hoo! DaddyB is back! And as always, beautiful pictures! And now *evil laugh* I know where the elusive secret bathroom is! Thanks DaddyB!

I'm so glad you had the opportunity to shoot the inside of the Lilly Belle! It is beautiful!

I chose the Matterhorn/Castle shot for my desktop today!

Thanks again! :)

JDBlair
03-05-2006, 03:25 PM
The pictures were awesome! Thank you! And I definitely took note of the bathroom! It will come in handy during our visit next week, I am sure!!

geoffa
03-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Yes, I WILL be seeking out that "secret" bathroom on my next trip! ha!

WAITING TIME from this spot.............9 hours 30 minutes!!!!:rolleyes:

potzbie
03-05-2006, 04:14 PM
My brother saw the "spitoon" and said it looks like a champaign bucket.

I don't know what a champaign bucket looks like, but given the kind of railcar we're talkin' here, I can see that a champaign-anything does make sense.

bassett1976
03-05-2006, 05:15 PM
I force the ISO settings to 1600 and use my f/1.2 lens (fixed 50mm that equals an 80mm lens on my camera) that makes dark shots a little easier. I usually go full manual and set my shutter to around 50, but sometimes the shot is actually too bright in places! I have noticed that sometimes I can actually set my camera to 800 ISO and get away with shots that I can lighten in Photoshop. I've also taken to snapping the lens back and forth between auto focus and manual focus. Get it to focus once on a particular scene and take note of the distance you are away from the focal point... then use about that same distance for other characters in the scene or the next. Or just say "to heck with it" at times and set the lens to infinity distance and then dial it back just a little. Sharpen it up in the digital darkroom later. The ride is SO dark at times that the camera just can't focus on what you want.

The more expensive low f-stop lens really helps. I'm saving up for a wide angle low f-stop lens, but they're really expensive and I just had to spring for a new annual pass, nearly wiping out my personal savings account (squirreling away money left over from my weekly allowance).

Thanks DaddyB,

I have the Canon Digital Rebel. I have the basic lense that comes with the body and the 75-300 mm. I'm still learning to use my camera and cannot get close to the pictures inside of pirates. They are either too dark, blurry or white. I guess I should start saving up money for a new lense that allows more light into the camera. That should only take a year or two for the lense your using. At least you gave me some guidence as to the settings and can have something to play with the next time I'm at DL.

TowerofTerror
03-05-2006, 05:27 PM
thanks for another great update DaddyB

I Heart Disneyland!
03-05-2006, 05:34 PM
WAITING TIME from this spot.............9 hours 30 minutes!!!!:rolleyes:

Don't worry, when I get there....it will be November, so, MY wait is more like 8 months, 9 hours and 30 minutes!!!!!! :p

John
03-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Absolutely fantastic!

Thank you!!!

DaddyB
03-05-2006, 07:36 PM
The pictures were great. I like the outting of the bathroom too. You probably hepled many a needy single daddy with a daughter issue. Funny you say that, because I used it just a week ago Saturday for that very reason! It made it SO much easier when my 3 year old had to go potty to not have to take her into the mens room. I HATE doing that!

DaddyB
03-07-2006, 11:38 AM
My brother saw the "spitoon" and said it looks like a champaign bucket.

I don't know what a champaign bucket looks like, but given the kind of railcar we're talkin' here, I can see that a champaign-anything does make sense.

Perhaps it started out life as a Champagne bucket, but they're usually found on a stand... I don't know what this one's doing on the floor. The only thing I can think of is that it's now a simple, lowly trash can.

The thought of someone leaving a pickle wrapper or used cotton candy cone on those lovely velvet seats... gives me shivers.