PDA

View Full Version : The Monorail

monoman
03-04-2006, 05:39 PM
The monorail. Currently at Disneyland, the Mark V Monorails are running at disney. Would it surprise you that this is the last year for these trains. In 2007, mark VII trains will be introduced. This thread will help you post your opinions on the situation.

tod
03-04-2006, 06:30 PM
The monorail. Currently at Disneyland, the Mark V Monorails are running at disney. Would it surprise you that this is the last year for these trains. In 2007, mark VII trains will be introduced. This thread will help you post your opinions on the situation.

Thank you so much for this opportunity to express my opinion.

My opinion: I don't care. If it works, I'm okay with it no matter what the Roman numeral says.

Although The Lovely Mrs. tod is excited that maybe somebody with use a hammer and a die to put a big VII on them like the end of the old Dragnet shows.

--t

John
03-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Let's start laying flowers ..... ah, forget it :rolleyes:

Pilot Mickey
03-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Let's start laying flowers ..... ah, forget it :rolleyes:

soon we'll have to start laying flowers at all the attractions, won't the sweepers like that

tod
03-05-2006, 09:04 AM
soon we'll have to start laying flowers at all the attractions, won't the sweepers like that

Compared to some of the things they have to pick up, I bet they would love to pick up flowers.

--t

JookyG
03-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Jeez, it's about time! The Mark VI's sure do break down a lot.

Opus1guy
03-05-2006, 10:20 AM
Who is this Mark guy anyway, that he gets all these Monorails named after him?

:)

geoffa
03-05-2006, 10:26 AM
My opinion: I don't care. .....

--t Me neither. As long as they transport me from A to B - after all that's what they were put there for. Not exactly a E ride are they? (Unless you know different.........):rolleyes:

DISNEYLAND GUY
03-05-2006, 10:36 AM
Jeez, it's about time! The Mark VI's sure do break down a lot.

The Mark VI Monorails are at Walt Disney World.

If you are talking about the Disneyland Monorail, then that is the Mark V.

Hope that Helps

Burnt Toast
03-05-2006, 10:42 AM
Old news and prior threads on same subject. No digg! :)

... but, having new monorails will be a good thing. The current fleet is running on it's last legs.

Mark Goldhaber
03-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Who is this Mark guy anyway, that he gets all these Monorails named after him?

:)
Ssssshhhh! Don't blow it for me! :p

JookyG
03-05-2006, 08:28 PM
The Mark VI Monorails are at Walt Disney World.

If you are talking about the Disneyland Monorail, then that is the Mark V.

Hope that Helps

Aaah, gotcha. Well whichever Mark broke down on me on my last Disneyland visit. So DL is going from V to VII?

sambo
03-06-2006, 12:43 AM
Yes, because the MK VI's are too wide as they are designed for WDW's system - not Disneyland's with tighter clearances.

It will be a whole new design...

MonorailGuy82
03-06-2006, 09:11 PM
I hate change and when I was little, the monorails facinated me. I always have to make sure I ride it at least once each trip. It's not just a transport from A to B for me. To me, it's a ride. The Mark V trains are all I know at Disneyland and with any change, I'm not sure how I'll take to the new trains. We'll see. But I was afraid they were going to replace them back when the "new" Tomorrowland opened in 1998. I'm surprised they lasted this long.

By the way, the Mark V trains were actually just remodelled Mark III trains. The bottom portion containing the actual workings are the same. They just built new cabs on top. So they are indeed getting very old.

The train generations are as follows: Disneyland saw the first three generations, then WDW introduced their monorail system with the Mark IV trains, Disneyland's current Mark V trains followed and finally WDW upgraded to the Mark VI. That means Disneyland's next generation of trains will be Mark VIIs.

Just a little trivia here, but before Las Vegas upgraded its monorail system a couple years ago, the old system that ran from MGM Grand to Ballys used old WDW Mark IV monorail track and trains. They still had "Cast Members Only" written on the front and back cabs.