PDA

View Full Version : Nemo ride?

Disneymommy
03-04-2006, 08:04 AM
Hi everyone,

What type of ride is the new Nemo ride going to be? Is it going to be a roller coaster type ride, or an underwater submarine ride, etc.? I am really curious. Thanks,

Enter The Mouse
03-04-2006, 08:07 AM
From what I understand the Nemo ride will be like the old submarines. If you search you can find pictures of them cleaning out the old submarine ride for it. Also, they are supposed to do something never done before by Disney. The rumor is that the fish will be lit up on clear screens so they look like they are in the water. It will open in Spring 2007.

cfrith
03-04-2006, 08:11 AM
Hi! If you look at page 8 of these pictures you will see where the Nemo ride will be. I hope it's okay I put this here Darkbeer....? :)

Lots of photos are available here...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1244848

DisneyDustin22
03-04-2006, 09:07 AM
It's going to be a new version of the old submarines ride. I heard they are puting a loop in! :rolleyes:

potzbie
03-04-2006, 10:36 AM
I heard they are puting a loop in! :rolleyes:

Don't tell anyone, but a memo was leaked ...
As a cost-cutting move, the blueprints of TOWER OF TERROR will be modifed to retrofit FIND NEMO so that both rides have the same drop sequence!
;)

Opus1guy
03-04-2006, 10:59 AM
As a cost-cutting move, the blueprints of TOWER OF TERROR will be modifed to retrofit FIND NEMO so that both rides have the same drop sequence!
;)

With the addition of signage that says, "You MUST be a good swimmer and you WILL get wet!"

;)

Disneymommy...Post #2 is your closest true answer here, BTW. :)

DisneyDustin22
03-04-2006, 11:27 AM
;)

Starting in October of '09, Nemo will get its own overlay honoring the movie "Hunt for Red October". An animatronic Sean Connery will be placed in various scenes through the attraction.

In one of his last executive decisions, Michael Eisner actually purchasd Scott Glenn for the next 7 years. Mr. Glenn will actually be on board each ride daily as your captain attempting to run down Captain Ramius and Nemo as they attempt to defect.

Opus1guy
03-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Mr. Glenn will actually be on board each ride daily as your captain attempting to run down Captain Ramius and Nemo as they attempt to defect.

Ramius...you always knew he was red. But Nemo? He always struck me as being more...orange. With pinstripes.

;)

potzbie
03-04-2006, 01:29 PM
But Nemo? He always struck me as being more...orange. With pinstripes.
;)

Well!
"The Hunt for ORANGE October," then!

Malcon10t
03-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Starting in October of '09, Nemo will get its own overlay honoring the movie "Hunt for Red October". An animatronic Sean Connery will be placed in various scenes through the attraction.
Not sure which would be funnier, loop, drop, or Hunt for Red october!

geoffa
03-05-2006, 04:25 AM
Not sure which would be funnier, loop, drop, or Hunt for Red october!

OK now I've stopped laughing...as I understand it, Disney have come up with some new projection system which will put the Nemo characters "in the water". It seems to involve plexiglass boxes (which can't be visually detected in water) but images on them will. Think about the film shown on the water sprays at Fantasmic. See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finding_Nemo_Submarine_Voyage

The info is in "The attraction" section:)

cfrith
03-05-2006, 09:33 PM
When that area was the submarines, did they ever empty out the water in the lagoon to clean it? Was it chlorinated?

Opus1guy
03-05-2006, 11:26 PM
When that area was the submarines, did they ever empty out the water in the lagoon to clean it? Was it chlorinated?

Was it chlorinated!!?? It was so chlorinated that it hardly qualified as water!

In fact, back in the days when they had real live mermaids out in the middle of the sub lagoon (local high school swim team members hired to play mermaids and wave at the crowds)...the girls could only work a few hours a week because the chlorine was so strong, it turned their skin to chalk! After every shift they had to shower and then slap on mega lotion!

geoffa
03-06-2006, 12:52 AM
Was it chlorinated!!?? It was so chlorinated that it hardly qualified as water!

I remember it smelling like a laundry - so bleachy. You get the same effect at Norway at EPCOT by the waterfall. It really chokes you.:rolleyes: