PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Changes to the Mansion! [Spoilers]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Sub Maniak
03-03-2006, 04:42 PM
After reading an update on MiceAge. I have found out that Haunted Mansion is having it's storyline completely changed!!:mad:

The master gracey story with the pirate and killing the bride is out!!

The new story is this:

The bride is a bloody killer. She lures husband after husband to marrage and kills them and takes their money!!!

For more info check this out~
www.miceage.com/allutz/al022806a.htm

Plus More Enhancements.
New Hitchiking Ghosts!
New Effects!
Brides Bouqet turns into an axe!
Madame leota brings back the brides dead husbands!

This does go back to the story about chopping the brides head with an axe though!

New Attic scene.-Pictures of dead husbands. As time passes, men lose their heads!

These new effects will once again change the storyline like Pirates!!

JDBlair
03-03-2006, 04:56 PM
Okay! This is the first I ever heard that the Haunted Mansion has a story-line! What an idiot I am! Of course, HM scared me as a girl and it still scares me to this day. I think they're going to make it even scarier now. I may never go inside again!

Sub Maniak
03-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Do You Want To Hear it?

stan4d_steph
03-03-2006, 05:09 PM
Calm down. It's going to be okay.

Oh, and thanks for posting all those spoilers.

JDBlair
03-03-2006, 05:10 PM
Do You Want To Hear it?
If you're asking me, yes! I never, ever knew it had a story! I thought it was just a bunch of ghosts scaring the crap out of me. One year we went at Halloween. In that hall with the floating candle, they had a guy dressed in armor and he jumped out at us and grabbed me. I have never been through the HM with my eyes open, since. Even when I took my 4 year old, (he's 12 now) and he spent the entire ride laughing at his Mommy with her hands over her eyes!

disneyperson
03-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Oh man! Will someone put some flowers down in front of the HM for me?
Sorry, really I am, I just couldn't resist.:D
I'm one of the biggest HM fans around, but these changes sound very cool to me.(and,yes, much scarier.hee hee) The so called "story" was slim at best and very few people had any idea there was even supposed to be one. I just hope they don't mess around with the narration too much.

cstephens
03-03-2006, 05:32 PM
Oh, and thanks for posting all those spoilers.

Ditto. I skipped the spoilers in the article itself because it gave me that option. I was scanning the first post here and once I realized it was all about spoilers, I managed to not digest any of them and keep skimming.

Death and destruction, death and destruction, dead flowers, mourning, boo hoo.

TowerofTerror
03-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Wow I like the haunted mansion they way it was before.

Disneytwins
03-03-2006, 05:59 PM
We are both HM and POTC Fans but neither of the attractions refurbs worry me. WDI is doing the best as they can to update the attractions. For example the new Hitchhiking Ghosts effect, Walt Wanted the newest technology used for his attractions and technology has changed so it's time for some updating.

The storyline- the only people who know the storyline now is people like us and the disney Castmembers. They want the guests to get the plot on the attracton so basically this story change isn't at all for intended for us but for the guests.

DISNEYfied
03-03-2006, 06:15 PM
I think we should ride before making judgements.

newhdplayer
03-03-2006, 06:19 PM
I think we should ride before making judgements.

I disagree. Whine first, and ride later.

Don't forget the bouquet of flowers.

mcow1
03-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Personally, I can't wait to see what it's like with the new effects. The Gracey storyline is from WDW and some have been trying to tack it on here too. But, IMO it didn't match up with what was there already, random ghosts. From what I hear they are not removing anything just adding and moving things around. It's my favorite ride at DL and I think it may be better. We'll see next week.

kisroo
03-03-2006, 06:37 PM

Don't forget the bouquet of flowers.

*snork*

I agree with Steph and cstephens...the spoiler tags are your friend.

Opus1guy
03-03-2006, 07:29 PM
I agree with Steph and cstephens...the spoiler tags are your friend.

Here's a spoiler for you:

THE TITANIC SINKS!

;)

kisroo
03-03-2006, 07:36 PM

THE TITANIC SINKS!

;)

Leave it to you, Opus...

*snork* :p

~kisroo:)

PeoplemoverMisser
03-03-2006, 07:42 PM

;) "Sentence first. Verdict afterwards." ;)
-Queen of Hearts

hbquikcomjamesl
03-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Okay! This is the first I ever heard that the Haunted Mansion has a story-line!
Uh, the "Master Gracey" story (which I'd never encountered until I saw the Wikipedia article) is specific to the WDW-MK version of HM, while the "pirate" story is specific to the DL version.

The Disney Magazine, Winter 1994, Page 54 gives the bare essentials of the story: a wealthy sea merchant's young bride discovers that he is actually a bloodthirsty pirate, upon which he murders her, then (tormented by her spirit) hangs himself from the attic rafters. I've seen more embellished versions; whether intentionally or unintentionally, this story ties HM in with PotC (and in the more embellished versions I've seen, the connection is made explicit).

I agree that, if what we've been told about it is true, this axe-murdering-bride update would ruin the Mansion. Then again, I also despise the holiday overlay.

Opus1guy
03-03-2006, 09:25 PM
I agree that, if what we've been told about it is true, this axe-murdering-bride update would ruin the Mansion.

Not only that...we don't want our brides to be getting any ideas and later looking up the address of the nearest True Value Hardware Store!

Gulp!

;)

Another Dimension
03-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Horrible Changes to the Mansion! [Spoilers]

When was the last time, some people, actually liked, something new, changed, enhanced, plussed, different? :rolleyes:

I need to know.

That may very well be when Imagination died... :p :p

Walt who? How dare that man ever want to change anything at society's Disneyland.

Face the facts. Disneyland will either stop changing or will close forever.

Your reality check has ended.... scurry off!!

I Heart Disneyland!
03-03-2006, 09:39 PM

THE TITANIC SINKS!

;)

HAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! :D

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world." Walt Disney (You know, the guy who started this whole thing!)

Another Dimension
03-03-2006, 09:46 PM
HAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! :D

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world." Walt Disney (You know, the guy who started this whole thing!)

I'm sure you must be quoting the one and only Disneyland mission statement for the benefit of other people... I am well aware of it. :D

As long as Disneyland is changing and open and fun... I will have a good time there.

I Heart Disneyland!
03-03-2006, 09:52 PM
As long as Disneyland is changing and open and fun... I will have a good time there.

EXACTLY! That's how I feel about it too. As long as it's still there, still wonderful and I still enjoy going there when the little fella in my avatar is old enough to enjoy it too...I will be one happy granny!

Opus1guy
03-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Oh man! Will someone put some flowers down in front of the HM for me?
Sorry, really I am, I just couldn't resist.:D

Interested parties are reminded to make all their floral purchases at our own MousePadder geoffa's nearby Floral Fantasia shop. I believe they are giving a special "Attraction R.I.P" discount and free in-park delivery to the doomed ride/show/restaurant/menu/castmember of your choice. All major credit cards and Disney Dollars accepted!

;)

geoffa
03-03-2006, 10:25 PM
Okay! This is the first I ever heard that the Haunted Mansion has a story-line! What an idiot I am! Of course, HM scared me as a girl and it still scares me to this day. I think they're going to make it even scarier now. I may never go inside again!

You need to take a trip, oh! foolish mortal to:

www.doombuggies.com

:eek:

geoffa
03-03-2006, 10:27 PM
......purchases at our own MousePadder geoffa's nearby Floral Fantasia shop.

;)

Hey! Who's taking my name in vain?:confused: