PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Costco Play 4 Days?

evrythngwmn
03-03-2006, 09:58 AM
I've searched and haven't come up with an answer. Are the Costco Play 4 days park tickets able to be upgraded to an annual pass? These are the $119 non park hopper tickets.

annieb727
03-03-2006, 10:03 AM
from what I understand you can upgrade ANY DL tickets - the price you paid is what will be applied to the new pass - though if you are going to upgrade,

it doesn't seem to me that it would matter as much how much you paid for the tickets - cuz if you upgrade to the Deluxe Annual pass - it would be a difference of paying $119 now and paying $110 later (total $229) or paying for the 5 day park hopper for $149 (current special) now and paying $80 later (still total of $229).

annieb727
03-03-2006, 10:06 AM
also, if you are going to upgrade, why not get the park hopper now and enjoy park hopping BEFORE you get the annual pass - it's only $30 more right now - and it includes an EXTRA day

another idea - if you get the park hopper ticket that comes with one early entry - try to use the early entry the first day and at the END of the first day, upgrade to the annual pass (I say END b/c usually right after the park closes and people are being ushered out of the rides areas, the wait for annual passes is less) then you will get the 10% off of food for the rest of your stay - though if you are a AAA member or Disney Visa card holder you can get the 10% discount at any point.

Darkbeer
03-03-2006, 10:18 AM
another idea - if you get the park hopper ticket that comes with one early entry - try to use the early entry the first day and at the END of the first day, upgrade to the annual pass (I say END b/c usually right after the park closes and people are being ushered out of the rides areas, the wait for annual passes is less) then you will get the 10% off of food for the rest of your stay - though if you are a AAA member or Disney Visa card holder you can get the 10% discount at any point.

For most people, it is better to wait until the end of the trip to upgrade, since most folks get a Deluxe or SoCal AP, and they have blockout dates.

So if you plan to upgrade prior to the last day of your trip, make sure and check the blockout dates, as an extra $30 for a blockout pass would wipe out any sort of discount savings.

annieb727
03-03-2006, 11:03 AM
For most people, it is better to wait until the end of the trip to upgrade, since most folks get a Deluxe or SoCal AP, and they have blockout dates.

So if you plan to upgrade prior to the last day of your trip, make sure and check the blockout dates, as an extra $30 for a blockout pass would wipe out any sort of discount savings.

good point -- i didn't think of that!