PDA

View Full Version : using So. Cal tickets for out of town guests?

THpoohbear
03-03-2006, 09:06 AM
What do you guys think about this? My mom and sister want to go in a couple of weekends. They are from Colorado. The way my mom has designed the trip is a little stressful, with her needing to buy a 2 day park hopper so we can go both on Saturday and Sunday, but not staying for the full day on either day. I know official Disney rules are that the ticket user must live in SO. Cal. What has been your experience with this offer?

stan4d_steph
03-03-2006, 09:46 AM
Most SoCal ticket offers allow residents to purchase tickets for use by friends and family from outside of the area.

Darkbeer
03-03-2006, 09:53 AM
Most SoCal ticket offers allow residents to purchase tickets for use by friends and family from outside of the area.

No, the rules were changed in 2005, and the tickets are now clearlly marked that EACH guest must be a SoCal Resident.

Here is an recent post of mine...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?p=804130&highlight=socal+tickets#post804130

The back of the SoCal tickets are clear in the fact that each GUEST must live in Southern California.

Let me quote from the back side of one of the current "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE!" tickets. (Upper left corner)

Guests must reside within zip codes 90000-93599 or Baja California 21000-22999 to use this ticket for admission and proof of residency will be required....

This policy change was made with the SoCal offers starting in January 2005. (Mainly in response to folks selling the tickets on eBay).

So, Disney reserves the right to check. But in the "real world", I have never heard of anyone not being allowed into the park because they didn't have ID.

THpoohbear
03-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Thank you for the replies! I went ahead and called DL because I really didn't want to break the rules to buy tickets for my family. I really expected that the CM would say no, but she actually said I can absolutely use them for out of town guests! Yay!

Opus1guy
03-03-2006, 11:59 AM
I really expected that the CM would say no, but she actually said I can absolutely use them for out of town guests! Yay!

That's what the Cast Member at the ticket booth told me a few weeks ago when I (cough) purchased 3 adult SoCal 2Fers for some new out of town friends. ;) I also asked if I must accompany these out-of-towners and she said, "No...they're good to go with or without you." From a phone call of "Thanks" 2 days later...they were never asked for ID nor ever asked to sign the passports on the signature line.

VilliageHausGal
03-03-2006, 01:57 PM
What about purchases through the Disney website? It's easy enough to come up with a proper zip code to get through to the So. Cal tickets. Are they more likely to check ID when it comes to these tickets?

Opus1guy
03-03-2006, 02:04 PM
What about purchases through the Disney website? It's easy enough to come up with a proper zip code to get through to the So. Cal tickets. Are they more likely to check ID when it comes to these tickets?

I don't know. But is it possible that the billing address of the credit card you are using the purchase the tickets, must be within the qualifying zip code range?

Sguidgit
03-03-2006, 04:04 PM
I bought a socal 2 day parkhopper the other day for my boyfriend easily. Actually, I went to buy a 1 day parkhopper and she asked me if I'm a socal resident, to which I said yes since I am (and he is too), and she automatically gave me the socal 2 day parkhopper (same price as a regular 1 day parkhopper). She never even asked my zip code, although I've heard that before from other ticket booth workers. I was never asked for ID except when paying with my credit card, and even then she didn't say anything (I changed my address, but have yet to get a new ID with my socal address). So, I think your ok, and it's probably possible to get the tickets on the website, even with an out of town billing address. That's a question I'd like to know since I may do that in the future and my billing address is still up north (my parents).

TLKbroadway
03-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Hey,

I just wanted to see if anyone has tried this lately? My friend is coming down from college to visit and wants to go to Disneyland. I saw online you can advance purchase a 2day park hopper for the price of one. I thought this would be great for him because I don't know how long he will be there both days, but he's not from SoCal, but I am down here for college. So, do you think I could get it for him? Or else I'll just buy a one day discounted on from my school.

Thanks.