PDA

View Full Version : Some photos and news/observations from the DLR, 3/2/06

Darkbeer
03-03-2006, 08:08 AM
Went to the park on Thursday, and a few things caught my eye.

HISTA is opening at 11 AM

The Fantasmic! stage was behind refurb walls

The Star Trader is closed for replacement of the floor

More elements from Pirates are missing, the two Pirates that try to pull the Treasure Chest up the waterfall have been removed.

Lots of progress at the Sub Lagoon

Over at DCA...

Redwood Creek has reopened, but most of it remains closed, just the stage show area and the tire swings are open. All the rope elements, the bridges, the wall climbs, the interactive cave and most of the walkways are closed.

The Caterpiller ODV cart has been removed.

The San Francisco Buildings have been uncovered

Lots of photos are available here...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1244848

P.S., I placed the news in the non-Disney Park section, but if you missed it, the old New Orleans Square Mime, Laginiappe has found a new steady job at USH.

cfrith
03-03-2006, 08:34 AM
Great pictures- very interesting to see the building of the lagoon area. Thanks darkbeer!

5-4-fun
03-03-2006, 09:51 AM
I love seeing your photo park updates. Makes me want to be there right now!:) Thanks for the post!

SteveK
03-03-2006, 11:23 AM
More elements from Pirates are missing, the two Pirates that try to pull the Treasure Chest up the waterfall have been removed.

And won't be coming back according to the Feb official Disneyland podcast.

-Steve

ktrm
03-03-2006, 11:23 AM
The redwood creek challenge trail is disappointing. Any word when more of it will be open.

Opus1guy
03-03-2006, 01:55 PM
I liked the duck and the cat.

:)

tstan70
03-03-2006, 02:58 PM
The two pirates at the end of POTC were in place on Tuesday, February 28, but were gone the next day on Wednesday, March 1 :confused:

Darkbeer
03-03-2006, 03:36 PM
A quick update from today...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1246692

Nice to see the return of the Hours and Closures to the Main Entry Plaza, I think it is only fair that a park post the hours and closures to folks thinking about purchasing a ticket, and most of the theme parks I have been to think the same, as they do post the info. Glad to see Disneyland returning to the fold....

twist1980
03-03-2006, 06:11 PM
I liked the duck and the cat.

:)

The cat pictures are always my favorite too! Probably because I am yet to see one there!

As always, great pictures DarkBeer! I look forward to your updates! If I can't be in DL, at least I can see everything thats going on! ;)

Another Dimension
03-03-2006, 10:24 PM
HISTA is opening at 11 AM

HISTA is still open?
The most bored looking CMs at the entire resort, day in and day out.

The Fantasmic! stage was behind refurb walls

Bucky needs a cleaning?

The Star Trader is closed for replacement of the floor

This is 2006, why don't Guests levitate thru Tomorrowland already?
I blame Marty Sklar. Whats your excuse Marty? Marty?? Wake up Marty!

I guess it just would have been impossibe for WDI and TDA to actually care about the Guests and to leave PotC alone, for several tens of thousands of people the last weekend, to get their last rides before the major changes, with an intact show, eh??

Lots of progress at the Sub Lagoon

Any water innit yet? ;)

Redwood Creek has reopened, but most of it remains closed, just the stage show area and the tire swings are open. All the rope elements, the bridges, the wall climbs, the interactive cave and most of the walkways are closed.

Why did they bother to open only 9% (if that) of the attraction then?

The Caterpiller ODV cart has been removed.

Well, when something onstage is closed 98% (or more) of the time.. it is really pretty useless onstage.

The San Francisco Buildings have been uncovered

Nicer facades, still no substance.
Hell of a job .. Matt! :rolleyes:

P.S., I placed the news in the non-Disney Park section, but if you missed it, the old New Orleans Square Mime, Laginiappe has found a new steady job at USH

Another talented, yet to be replaced, (and did I say talented?), wonderful and Magic-creating Disneyland Cast Member finds a good (read: better) job at Universal...
That certainly happens way too much at Disneyland and Disney in general.

WHY?

And GASP! ...it happens all the time now under Matt Ouimett!!
Just as much (or even more often) then it happened under Eisner, Pressler and Harriss.....

Thanx for the Resort info..... and Hooray for Mark W!!
Can't wait to see him at USH!

Disneymademoiselle
03-03-2006, 11:38 PM
As usual, amazing pictures, Darkbeer. You've got a camera and you certainly know how to use it.:)

I must say that I find it quite incredible that work is being done to the lagoon, yet in all the pictures you have taken over the past several months, there's never anyone working in there:confused:

Someone's gotta be drinking from that yellow McDonald's orange juice concoction canteen;)

TP2000
03-04-2006, 01:29 AM
P.S., I placed the news in the non-Disney Park section, but if you missed it, the old New Orleans Square Mime, Laginiappe has found a new steady job at USH.

Good. That mime guy creeped me out.

A few nights ago at the French Market the Side Street Strutters were playing jazz on the bandstand, and it was great. That's entertainment.

But the mime was just creepy.

Pilot Mickey
03-04-2006, 11:07 PM
so, if star traders is closed, how do you exit Star Tours???:confused:

Darkbeer
03-05-2006, 07:45 AM
An update from Saturday...

More changes at the Sub Lagoon, including the pouring of concrete in the new show area

Most of Redwood Creek has reopened, the only things that remain closed are the interactive cave area, and one small bridge near the show stage. All the rope structures have reopen.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1249328