PDA

View Full Version : Inadvertently Purchased Kids Ticket for Adult

Pages : [1] 2

JDBlair
03-02-2006, 10:15 AM
My father (not necessarily a Disney fan but is being dragged there in March) decided to purchase his park hopper ticket on Ebay. **sighs** **rolls eyes** When he received his ticket today, he discovered the ticket is a "kids" ticket. He called Disney and tried to order a park hopper through them but was told it's too late for Will Call. (??? - we don't get there until March 13th but...I did tell him to buy these tickets a couple of months ago!) Can he take this "kids" ticket to Disneyland and upgrade there??

Wesley815
03-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Hopefully this is a lesson to others reading... Don't trust total random strangers on eBay!!! You wouldn't do it in "real life" so why over the internet? ugh...

Sorry to say but (IMO) Disney shouldn't have to do anything to help a situation like this.

ktrm
03-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Is the ticket "Everyone Pays the Kids Price" ticket? This, I believe, works for adults or kids. It all the same ticket. Also when I emailed Disney about will call tickets, they told me I only had to order 24 hours in advance online. My friend, I know for certain, ordered hers online the night before she left and it was there waiting for her when she got there the next day so I don't know why Disney told you this. If it truly is a kids ticket, I would call Walt Disney Travel Company direct about upgrading it. I don't know the number right now, I'll try to look it up for you. Good Luck

ktrm
03-02-2006, 10:27 AM
Walt Disney Travel Company's number is 714-520-5050. I don't know if they could help or not but its worth a shot. Again Good Luck. By the way...when I saw the "Everyone Pays the Kids Price" ticket at the Disney Store where I live, it said it right on the ticket so I think you should be able to tell if this is the ticket type.

Quinten27
03-02-2006, 10:44 AM
Its also possible its one of the "kids play free" tickets that they were offering, where for every adult ticket you bought, you got a free kids ticket. In which case they may not let you upgrade it since it was a free ticket.

Malcon10t
03-02-2006, 10:52 AM
My father (not necessarily a Disney fan but is being dragged there in March) decided to purchase his park hopper ticket on Ebay. **sighs** **rolls eyes** When he received his ticket today, he discovered the ticket is a "kids" ticket. He called Disney and tried to order a park hopper through them but was told it's too late for Will Call. (??? - we don't get there until March 13th but...I did tell him to buy these tickets a couple of months ago!) Can he take this "kids" ticket to Disneyland and upgrade there??This "kids" ticket is probably the free ticket you get on the "Kids play Free" promotion. (Pay the full adult price, get a kids ticket free.) Call WDTC and order his ticket there, as long as you arent arriving today, they will have it at the WDTC in DTD by Compass books.

JDBlair
03-02-2006, 11:24 AM
This "kids" ticket is probably the free ticket you get on the "Kids play Free" promotion. (Pay the full adult price, get a kids ticket free.) Call WDTC and order his ticket there, as long as you arent arriving today, they will have it at the WDTC in DTD by Compass books.

It was one of those "free" kids ticket with the purchase of an adult ticket. But that isn't how the EBay person advertised it. (I don't care for EBay but husband and father have had luck there - until this purchase!) When my dad tried to order "Will Call" tickets at the Disneyland.com site, it wouldn't give him the option of Will Call. (He also tried calling and said the CM was very rude and completely unhelpful! Disappointing because I want him to have a nice experience but when he curses at her, what does he expect??) So, I logged in to my account and it gave me the option for Will Call. So, thanks to internet and phone, ordered Dad & Mom's tickets under my log-in for Will Call tickets. (Relief!) Thank you everyone for your help. And I agree, this isn't Disney's problem and they shouldn't be responsible for fixing it! But I have seen Disney go above and beyond in the realms of Customer Service and it never hurts to ask. :-)

ktrm
03-02-2006, 11:30 AM
I have to admit I'm amazed at people sometimes. I bought my tickets through AAA and got two free kids tickets for my children with the purchase of the adult tickets for myself and my husband. My mother is also going. She and I never, ever, ever thought about buying an adult ticket through AAA for her, get the free kid's ticket, and then put the free kid's ticket on ebay to make a profit. We just told AAA we needed one adult ticket.

sierranevada
03-02-2006, 11:44 AM
It was one of those "free" kids ticket with the purchase of an adult ticket. But that isn't how the EBay person advertised it. :-)

If this personadvertised the ticket as an adult ticket, you should first contact the seller and see about a refund. If the seller refuses, then I would report the transaction to Ebay and leave the feedback.

Malcon10t
03-02-2006, 11:49 AM
I have to admit I'm amazed at people sometimes. I bought my tickets through AAA and got two free kids tickets for my children with the purchase of the adult tickets for myself and my husband. My mother is also going. She and I never, ever, ever thought about buying an adult ticket through AAA for her, get the free kid's ticket, and then put the free kid's ticket on ebay to make a profit. We just told AAA we needed one adult ticket.Hopefully you got the cheaper "Everyone Plays at Kids Price" ticket for her. In April, we are taking 10 people to Disneyland, one is under 3, then we have 5 adults and 4 kids. We bought 4 "Buy Adult get the Kids free" tickets and 1 "Everyone Plays at Kids prices." (then there is my small crew of 4, but we have APs.)

JDBlair
03-02-2006, 12:10 PM
I have to admit I'm amazed at people sometimes. I bought my tickets through AAA and got two free kids tickets for my children with the purchase of the adult tickets for myself and my husband. My mother is also going. She and I never, ever, ever thought about buying an adult ticket through AAA for her, get the free kid's ticket, and then put the free kid's ticket on ebay to make a profit. We just told AAA we needed one adult ticket.
It is disgusting to me that someone would take a free ticket and then sale it online. I think good karma would be to go to Disneyland and walk up to someone in line with children and give them your ticket, if you aren't going to use it. That would be the nice thing to do!!

vegasmommytoDL
03-02-2006, 12:24 PM
*shrugs* We needed 3 adult tickets and 1 childs ticket. It was cheaper when we booked our room to order with the "Kids Free" promo, so we went ahead and got the 2 extra kids tickets. I figure we can use them to get more fastpasses. No harm in that! Besides, we had 6 people total but me and my daughter have AP's. That way we got 6 Priority Seating coupons, 6 Toontown Morning Madness coupons, etc. It all worked out because we don't need to be left out now for MTMM.

Quinten27
03-02-2006, 12:30 PM
When I booked my package, they had both the "kids play free" and the "adults play for a kids price" promo's going on. The website defaulted to the "adults play for a kids price" tickets, but when I reviewed the details and changed the tickets to the other promotion, it saved me an extra $150 or so. I thought it odd that WDTC would default to the promotion that cost the most instead of the least. Are they hoping people will just not pay attention and pay the higher price when they don't need too? That doesn't seem very Disney-ish! Or wait.......maybe it does. :fez:

SandraVB79
03-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Contact the seller, contact eBay, and depending on how he paid, it will be possible to get the money back. Pm me!

annieb727
03-02-2006, 01:12 PM
*shrugs* We needed 3 adult tickets and 1 childs ticket. It was cheaper when we booked our room to order with the "Kids Free" promo, so we went ahead and got the 2 extra kids tickets. I figure we can use them to get more fastpasses. No harm in that!

can you do that? i thought the passes are "activated" when you enter DL? or am i wrong? i was thinking of possibly meeting up w/ a friend one day - we were thinking she could give me her pass, and I could get some fastpasses during the day, then we meet up later outside the gate and come in -- but will this really work? does she have to come into DL and "activate" the ticket first?
has anyone ever done this?

hlbtimes2
03-02-2006, 02:03 PM
can you do that? i thought the passes are "activated" when you enter DL? or am i wrong? i was thinking of possibly meeting up w/ a friend one day - we were thinking she could give me her pass, and I could get some fastpasses during the day, then we meet up later outside the gate and come in -- but will this really work? does she have to come into DL and "activate" the ticket first?
has anyone ever done this?

Yes, your friend will need to use her pass at gate in order to use it for FP.

As for the other party with the extra kids tickets, I guess the kids could come in on one ticket, go back out and use the other tickets for the next enterance. That way all the tickets would be activated.

vegasmommytoDL
03-02-2006, 02:17 PM
The kids could come in on one ticket, go back out and use the other tickets for the next enterance. That way all the tickets would be activated.

That is exactly what we are going to do. =)

Although, on our trip last June we went though the front entrance and somehow they inadvertently forgot to activate one of the tickets. When I got my first FP's it told me the ticket was not used for admission that day and the CM gave me a temporary ticket that was blue-green on one side and worked like a regular ticket but was only for FP and not for admission. I thanked the CM even though that wasn't really useful for me. We had "enhanced" tickets and the temporary FP ticket only let us get 1 FP at a time, standard rules. So, we went back to the gate and had it activated.

ktrm
03-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Hopefully you got the cheaper "Everyone Plays at Kids Price" ticket for her.

Yes, I did. I just can't imagine paying $30 more for the "Kids Play Free" 4 day hopper ticket instead of the "Everyone Plays at the Kids Price" hopper ticket and then trying to sell the free Kids ticket on ebay. It would just never cross my mind to even try this. You would have to get more than the $30 dollar difference to make a "profit". I do understand getting the extra kids tickets for extra fastpasses....that makes sense. Its the whole selling a free ticket on ebay to someone else that baffles me. I wonder if the seller bought a whole bunch of adult tickets and sold the kids tickets on ebay to make a lot of money. I guess the motto is be careful.

cfrith
03-02-2006, 05:53 PM
When I booked my package, they had both the "kids play free" and the "adults play for a kids price" promo's going on. The website defaulted to the "adults play for a kids price" tickets, but when I reviewed the details and changed the tickets to the other promotion, it saved me an extra $150 or so. I thought it odd that WDTC would default to the promotion that cost the most instead of the least. Are they hoping people will just not pay attention and pay the higher price when they don't need too? That doesn't seem very Disney-ish! Or wait.......maybe it does. :fez:

This happened to me too! In fine print somewhere it does say something about it, that you have to click the "kids free" to get the discount. I'm sure alot of people don't notice it though and spend the extra couple hundred. You're right- not very Disney-ish! :rolleyes:

ae's mom
03-02-2006, 08:59 PM
We did the "kids play for free" promo through AAA a few years back. When we got our tickets, we had an extra free kids ticket. We turned around and asked the gentleman behind us if he would like it for his daughter. The look on their faces were priceless. It turned out to be the little girls birthday....they were so grateful....he would be able to spend more on his daughter inside the park. It made us feel real good, too!:)

TTFN92
03-03-2006, 06:02 AM
It was one of those "free" kids ticket with the purchase of an adult ticket. But that isn't how the EBay person advertised it. (I don't care for EBay but husband and father have had luck there - until this purchase!) When my dad tried to order "Will Call" tickets at the Disneyland.com site, it wouldn't give him the option of Will Call. (He also tried calling and said the CM was very rude and completely unhelpful! Disappointing because I want him to have a nice experience but when he curses at her, what does he expect??) So, I logged in to my account and it gave me the option for Will Call. So, thanks to internet and phone, ordered Dad & Mom's tickets under my log-in for Will Call tickets. (Relief!) Thank you everyone for your help. And I agree, this isn't Disney's problem and they shouldn't be responsible for fixing it! But I have seen Disney go above and beyond in the realms of Customer Service and it never hurts to ask. :-)

Your dad should definitely give the seller a BAD review on ebay. I've only bought 2 things from ebay and luckily had a good experience, but I do know that their rating is a big deal. But that may only be for the people who are legit. Sorry. I hope he didn't pay too much for it.

TTFN92
03-03-2006, 06:08 AM
That is exactly what we are going to do. =)

Although, on our trip last June we went though the front entrance and somehow they inadvertently forgot to activate one of the tickets. When I got my first FP's it told me the ticket was not used for admission that day and the CM gave me a temporary ticket that was blue-green on one side and worked like a regular ticket but was only for FP and not for admission. I thanked the CM even though that wasn't really useful for me. We had "enhanced" tickets and the temporary FP ticket only let us get 1 FP at a time, standard rules. So, we went back to the gate and had it activated.

I think that it is common for them to miss a ticket. We've had that happen a number of times. VERY annoying to walk back to the gate when you are wanting to ride rides and get fast passes :~D .

PapiBear
03-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Just dress Grandpa in shorts, tennies, a Sesame Street T-shirt, and a propeller hat, and tell the box office that he suffers from progeria and is really only 10 years old. :~D

vegasmommytoDL
03-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Just dress Grandpa in shorts, tennies, a Sesame Street T-shirt, and a propeller hat, and tell the box office that he suffers from progeria and is really only 10 years old. :~D

ROTFL

JDBlair
03-03-2006, 03:47 PM

Oh, we have something special planned for him! He doesn't know our dinner reservations Tuesday evening are at Goofy's Kitchen. He hates "characters". He's just been told dinner is at DLH. We're going to track down a princess and ask her to pay extra special attention to Grandpa when they come over to sing Happy Birthday to my highly-unsuspecting 12 year old!