PDA

View Full Version : Trading of Fantasmic tickets?

Zomie
03-02-2006, 08:21 AM
Hi again, Has anybody done this before? Is there a thread for the trading of tickets? Would like to see if this scenerio would be possible or if it has happened before . Can you go to the place you pick up your tickets and see if anyone has phoned to cancel and can not make it for that day you would like to go and trade the tickets you have ????

Thank you in advance :) for any info!

Andrew
03-02-2006, 09:34 AM
Fantasmic doesn't require tickets. It's a show, but there is no reserved seating (except for the dessert buffet options).

JDBlair
03-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Fantasmic doesn't require tickets. It's a show, but there is no reserved seating (except for the dessert buffet options).

The reserved seating for the Riverfront does not offer a buffet dessert. There is a dessert but it's not buffet. Only the terrace offers the buffet! :)

Malcon10t
03-02-2006, 10:06 AM
The reserved seating for the Riverfront does not offer a buffet dessert. There is a dessert but it's not buffet. Only the terrace offers the buffet! :)OK, maybe our version of buffet is different. The balcony offers a variety of cakes, the riverside offers generally just chocolate cake and a variety of cookies (the strawberry filled shortcakes are INCREDIBLE) and chocolate dipped strawberries. Its served buffet style.

JDBlair
03-02-2006, 10:11 AM
OK, maybe our version of buffet is different. The balcony offers a variety of cakes, the riverside offers generally just chocolate cake and a variety of cookies (the strawberry filled shortcakes are INCREDIBLE) and chocolate dipped strawberries. Its served buffet style.

You are making me hungry! So glad I have reservations for Riverfront! I love chocolate dipped strawberries!!!!!!!!! I think our reserved seating is a "FANTASMIC" way to end our trip! :-)

Zomie
03-02-2006, 10:31 AM
I have purchased 5 balcony seats (the buffet MMMMMMMmmmmmm cant wait) for the 10:30pm Show Sunday April 2, but really wanted to go on the friday night! So before changing my itinary around , i thought id try some other options

Quinten27
03-02-2006, 10:35 AM
About how much do the riverfront seats cost? I thought there was only the balcony available for reservered seating and it was a little more than I was willing to pay, since we're more interested in the seating than the actual dessert.

Malcon10t
03-02-2006, 10:48 AM
About how much do the riverfront seats cost? I thought there was only the balcony available for reservered seating and it was a little more than I was willing to pay, since we're more interested in the seating than the actual dessert.Its the same price, $59, but kids under 12 are only $49. In the balcony, kids pay the same as adults.

going2disneyAZ
03-02-2006, 11:08 AM
The reserved seating for the Riverfront does not offer a buffet dessert. There is a dessert but it's not buffet. Only the terrace offers the buffet! :)

When I went in November the Riverfront sure seemed like a buffet to me. Now I have not been to the balcony so maybe there is more up there. When I went riverfront had several varities of cakes, cookies, and even chocolate covered strawberries. Plus coffee and hot coco.

stan4d_steph
03-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Is there a thread for the trading of tickets?You might consider starting a thread in the Buy/Sell/Share forum (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49). It's possible that you could get someone to trade nights with you.

JDBlair
03-02-2006, 11:27 AM
When I went in November the Riverfront sure seemed like a buffet to me. Now I have not been to the balcony so maybe there is more up there. When I went riverfront had several varities of cakes, cookies, and even chocolate covered strawberries. Plus coffee and hot coco.

You are getting me more and more excited. When I read a review of the Riverfront reserved seating (an article), the writer said he got a box of treats. So, if they've changed it up and made it better, I may not hear any complaining from my husband! (Who wasn't necessarily pleased with spending $59 a person and took some convincing!!):fez:

going2disneyAZ
03-02-2006, 11:32 AM
You are getting me more and more excited. When I read a review of the Riverfront reserved seating (an article), the writer said he got a box of treats. So, if they've changed it up and made it better, I may not hear any complaining from my husband! (Who wasn't necessarily pleased with spending $59 a person and took some convincing!!):fez:

I read and thought the same thing when I got my tix. We were very pleasantly surprised when we got there and saw the spread.

GET THERE EARLY as seating is first come first served. There are definately better seats than others! Check in is on the HM side of the seating neer a churros cart.

Zomie
03-02-2006, 11:32 AM
Thanks stan4d_steph excellent idea!!! I will do that! Id also like to say that with only being on this forum for a short time, Ive been very impressed youself and Malcon10t in your knowledge, ideas and especially your dedication for helping people out in this forum, big thumbs up! Cheers!

Malcon10t
03-02-2006, 11:36 AM
You are getting me more and more excited. When I read a review of the Riverfront reserved seating (an article), the writer said he got a box of treats. So, if they've changed it up and made it better, I may not hear any complaining from my husband! (Who wasn't necessarily pleased with spending $59 a person and took some convincing!!):fez:They did the box of treats our first time in the summer of 2002. And it was actually very good (we still have the boxes!). But our next visit at Christmas 2002, it was the buffet, and has been ever since for us.

stan4d_steph
03-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Thanks stan4d_steph excellent idea!!! I will do that! Id also like to say that with only being on this forum for a short time, Ive been very impressed youself and Malcon10t in your knowledge, ideas and especially your dedication for helping people out in this forum, big thumbs up! Cheers!Thank you. I hope you are able to trade your tickets. If not, enjoy the show! :)

JDBlair
03-02-2006, 04:55 PM
They did the box of treats our first time in the summer of 2002. And it was actually very good (we still have the boxes!). But our next visit at Christmas 2002, it was the buffet, and has been ever since for us.

The picture of the box in the article was way cute! I liked it! Seriously was wondering if I'd be able to get 3 boxes back to AZ on a plane without damaging them too much. But definitely know that if the treats are fabulous and the views are great then my husband won't have anything to complain about. But....if the view is ehh..and the treats are horrible then I will never hear the end of it! :rolleyes: And I want to end our last night with a bang and not a thud! :crying:

Just had a thought...the tickets are non-refundable. The CM told me, when I ordered, that if my 2 year old gets tired and cranky and we don't show up, the tickets are ours and that's that. BUT!! What if they cancel Fantasmic due to weather. Do I get my money back??

hlbtimes2
03-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Yes, they will give you a refund at city hall.

JDBlair
03-02-2006, 05:20 PM
Yes, they will give you a refund at city hall.
Relief! Thank you!!!

Malcon10t
03-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Relief! Thank you!!!Or at Guest Services outside the park. That line is sometimes shorter than the City Hall line. We actually just saved ours and used it the next trip when it happened to us a year ago.

JDBlair
03-02-2006, 06:28 PM
Or at Guest Services outside the park. That line is sometimes shorter than the City Hall line. We actually just saved ours and used it the next trip when it happened to us a year ago.

Bummer thing is, I don't know when our next trip will be. My husband hasn't been since he was 13 and if he hates it..I just can't bear the thought of him hating it. :crying: It's taken a couple of years to convince him to do this trip. Even though we're in PHX, it feels like Anaheim is in Never, never land!!

Malcon10t
03-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Bummer thing is, I don't know when our next trip will be. My husband hasn't been since he was 13 and if he hates it..I just can't bear the thought of him hating it. :crying: It's taken a couple of years to convince him to do this trip. Even though we're in PHX, it feels like Anaheim is in Never, never land!!
We are about the same distance to the north. I know how that feels. Luckily, my kids love Disneyland, so don't have the hate issue. My ex has actually come around to liking DL. Shock to everyone, we have split visitation at Christmas, and this year he opted to join us (and we joined him) for Christmas in DL. We even stayed in the same hotel, and there were no explosions!!!