PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland with a workaholic

1shellybell
03-02-2006, 08:01 AM
:eek: We have reservations at Carousel Inn for April but my BIL is now saying he needs high speed internet access so he can work while we are there. I know the DLR hotels have it but are there any hotels across the street that have it? If not what is the closest hotels that do? Or is there a way to look up hotels based on a particular amenity you want? TIA

going2disneyAZ
03-02-2006, 08:07 AM
Try this

http://www.hotels.com/advancedSearch.do

Search by "internet access available"

1shellybell
03-02-2006, 08:15 AM
Thanks going2disneyAZ. Now I'll just call to see if it's high speed. I can't believe we're rescheduling our trip around high speed internet access.:(

TikiGeek
03-02-2006, 08:16 AM
The HoJo's has it. ;) (It's a much better hotel too).

Malcon10t
03-02-2006, 08:20 AM
:eek: We have reservations at Carousel Inn for April but my BIL is now saying he needs high speed internet access so he can work while we are there. I know the DLR hotels have it but are there any hotels across the street that have it? If not what is the closest hotels that do? Or is there a way to look up hotels based on a particular amenity you want? TIAThe Farifield Inn and BestWestern Park Place Inn have it. Now, we stayed at the Park Inn next door to the Fairfield, and their Wifi reached us. We have stayed at the Anaheim Desert Inn and reached the BW wifi, so would assume the Tropicana and Park Vue would also reach. I dont think the Carousel will reach any as it is between the Park Inn and Tropicana. Hojos has free wifi, and Anabella has pay wifi. Marriots has wifi, as does Residence Inn.

barely
03-02-2006, 08:23 AM
...and at HoJo's it's FREE!

prncsmsj
03-02-2006, 09:28 AM
The Candy Cane Inn has free wireless, and the Holiday Inn Express Maingate has free high speed.

stan4d_steph
03-02-2006, 11:23 AM
If your BIL has a laptop with wireless card, there are several public areas around the DLR hotels that are wireless hotspots. Link to list (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=38505&highlight=wifi).

Here's another recent thread discussing wireless access at neighbor hotels (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=52413&highlight=wireless).

1shellybell
03-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Thank, thank you, thank you to all. I've been gone all day and came back to all the answers I needed. You all are the best. I knew you would have all the answers. Now I just have to worry about availability.

Quinten27
03-02-2006, 02:24 PM
The Ramada Maingate Inn also has free highspeed wireless available. That's where I'm staying! :)

JDBlair
03-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Tee hee...after reading these posts I asked my husband if we're taking the lap top and if we'll be able to connect to the internet at the hotel. He wanted to know why and when I wouldn't answer he said, "You're going to log on and tell everyone what we're doing at Disneyland, aren't you?" :D So what if I am? :rolleyes: It beats checking my work E-mail! :p

Opus1guy
03-02-2006, 02:49 PM
I can't believe we're rescheduling our trip around high speed internet access.:(

You BIL (whatever a BIL is) sounds just like me. Heck, I often even bring my ultra-light laptop into Disneyland!

And it's common for me to pass up an expensive luxury hotel even when someone else is paying, in favor of a lesser place...just because the better property doesn't have high-speed interent and the lesser place does.

Hey...I gotta lotta bills to pay. And business can be very time critical and demanding. Plus you never know what might inspire an idea and Disneyland is certainly a place known for doing that! So having hi-speed internet available is not such a trivial requirement...especially if part of what you do can be bandwidth intensive, like sending or receiving large data or graphics files, or if you're doing Voice-Over-Internet international communications or something like that.

But if it's just checking and sending a few emails, with perhaps a few Powerpoint or Word docs attached? Blah. Dial-up's fine for that. Might take a minute or two longer, but that's all.

cfrith
03-02-2006, 05:59 PM
You BIL (whatever a BIL is) sounds just like me.BIL = Brother In Law :)

Malcon10t
03-02-2006, 08:56 PM
I would say except for the Carousel and the DelSol, most should be able to reach a Wifi, but if you are staying at Park Inn, request a room towards the back. We were in a 29 room (429) and could get it easily. My ex was in 412 and had to go to the pool to get it. At the Desert, the signal from teh BW wasn't strong, but we could get it.

Opus1guy
03-02-2006, 11:02 PM
BIL = Brother In Law :)

Thank You! :)

darph nader
03-03-2006, 09:01 PM
No Offence,But use is a vacation if you're not ON vacation? My only link to outside world is the O.C. Registrar (sp?) and KTLA for traffic reports.Neither i listen to here in town(o.k. the traffic.) To me the whole idea is to GET AWAY for a while.:cool:

Opus1guy
03-04-2006, 11:24 AM
But [what] use is a vacation if you're not ON vacation?

Oh...making your co-workers have to cover for you more and work harder while you're gone. Great enjoyment there!

;)

JDBlair
03-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Oh...making your co-workers have to cover for you more and work harder while you're gone. Great enjoyment there!

;)
But in the same token, pay backs suck!

Opus1guy
03-04-2006, 11:44 AM

Not when you're the boss. Just pawn off the extra work on some other poor sod...I mean...hard working and eager associate.

;)

JDBlair
03-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Not when you're the boss. Just pawn off the extra work on some other poor sod...I mean...hard working and eager associate.

;)
I'm not the boss. :crying: I'll just have to go back to work and dig myself out the hole. Guess I better pick up a couple of Disneyland CD's so I can listen to them and remind myself why I went on vacation in the first place!

Malcon10t
03-04-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm not the boss. :crying: I'll just have to go back to work and dig myself out the hole. Guess I better pick up a couple of Disneyland CD's so I can listen to them and remind myself why I went on vacation in the first place!
Same here. I keep in contact with lots of people via email. And one job I need to be in contact. So, I too like having wifi.

darph nader
03-05-2006, 08:01 AM

Touche',one job i had the boss who used to take customer orders,not tell anyone.A week later the customer would call asking for the boss "He's in Italy","Well I ordered such and such last week". Great, spend the next 2 to 3 hrs playing phone tag with various suppliers. Loads of fun.:confused:

Opus1guy
03-05-2006, 09:29 AM
Touche',one job i had the boss who used to take customer orders,not tell anyone.A week later the customer would call asking for the boss "He's in Italy","Well I ordered such and such last week". Great, spend the next 2 to 3 hrs playing phone tag with various suppliers. Loads of fun.:confused:

And this is way I was so upset when you quit!

;)

darph nader
03-05-2006, 12:33 PM
And this is way I was so upset when you quit!

;)

How did you know i quit? He was NOTORIOUS for doing this.The reason i quit was totaly different.:cool: