PDA

View Full Version : Monsters Inc. [ride reviews]

Pages : [1] 2

Hi-Ho
03-01-2006, 09:40 AM
We we will be there in a few weeks! Yay!!! Any feedback on Monster's Inc.?

stan4d_steph
03-01-2006, 10:02 AM
Check out this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=51390&page=2&highlight=mike+sully). You might also do a search on key terms in the actual name of the ride "Mike Sully Rescue" to see if there are more recent threads. Have a great trip. :)

jdee
03-01-2006, 10:17 AM
It is OK, not great. Geared toward young kids. Fun to see a least once.

Hi-Ho
03-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Thank you! I searched on Monster's Inc. and didn't come up with much...now I know why!

Duane
03-01-2006, 11:11 AM
Hi-Ho, Instead of reading reviews of the new Monsters attraction, why not ride it on the internet? To view a great video of the atrraction, click here on http://www.mousetimes.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=160 and enjoy the ride. Have fun!

averagedork
03-01-2006, 11:18 AM
That ride I consider like a drug or like listening to Kelly Clarkson. You know you shouldn't like it, you know it's bad, but then you find yourself sitting in it thinking "this is really bad, but I am here."

Hi-Ho
03-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the video Duane!

ferliemom
03-01-2006, 01:29 PM
I agree with the poster who said cute, but not great.
I wouldn't go on it again without having kids with me. The queue area is quite well done. I waited 15 minutes to go on the ride, but wouldn't do that again.
nothing wrong with it, it's just geared for the very young and the parents who must accompany them. :)

Susan L
03-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Also again, its a cute ride and you have to do it at least once. We stood in line for almost an hour for this ride. I will not do that again.

hbquikcomjamesl
03-01-2006, 02:20 PM
I rode it twice (the first time, it shut down right at the point where Boo was whacking Randall) during the end of the soft-open. It's a tremendous improvement over "SuperStar Lemon," and I'd gladly go on it as frequently as any other darkride, but still, I suppose it could have been better.

I wouldn't wait no hour for it, no way, no how, but I'd gladly wait out whatever it takes once you're inside the building, because the sight-gags in the queue are as clever as the ones in the movie (and almost as good as the ones in a Shrek movie).

Chiidesu
03-01-2006, 05:17 PM
Not worth the wait (1+ hours with it breaking down) but yes, go on it at least once. Try to be the first in line when the park opens! Rush on over to the ride(since it's pretty near the entrance) so you won't have to wait so long.

Another Dimension
03-01-2006, 09:48 PM
I like Monsters Inc at DCA.

My first couple waits were 45 mins each, which is ok for a low capacity, brand new attraction, IMO. The wait has a pay off. It's a fun ride!

It's got some cool, some well done and some great scenes.
A cool storyline, great sound and music.

It has a certain cute factor, like the movie.
It's well worth 15 or 20 mins waiting for me.

It's still brand new. I expect sorta long waits. Especially when something is well done and/or based on a popular franchise.

I personally like Roger Rabbit and Buzz more than Monsters. But I really like Monsters a lot! Monsters fits in very nicely between Buzz and Roger in my likes, Monsters is a billion times better than Limo, and Monsters is a great and appreciated addition to the Disneyland Resort dark rides line-up.

Another Monsters Inc ride video.... all spoilers.:)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vKNnYSBJRS4

EmmasMom
03-02-2006, 03:25 AM
The biggest problem I had was that the taxi you ride in is so high on the front and sides that small children can't see. My 4 year old daughter could only see the characters when she looked out the gap by the door.

I have the same frustration with The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. The designers made the front of the hive vehicles so high that kids miss seeing most of the attraction. If you look at the older dark rides in Fantasyland (Peter Pan, Mr. Toad,etc.), the front and sides are much lower. I wish the people that design new rides would look at them from a young childs height.

geoffa
03-02-2006, 04:15 AM
The biggest problem I had was that the taxi you ride in is so high ......

SPOILER * SPOILER * SPOILER

You can download a video of the ride here:

http://www.mousetimes.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=10

Fourth item down. Note the video features a lot of the line area so you might want to fast-forward thru that!:)

OOPS! Update. Sorry I didn't realise Duane had already given this link.:rolleyes:

junglemom
03-02-2006, 06:34 AM
The biggest problem I had was that the taxi you ride in is so high on the front and sides that small children can't see. My 4 year old daughter could only see the characters when she looked out the gap by the door.

I have the same frustration with The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. The designers made the front of the hive vehicles so high that kids miss seeing most of the attraction. If you look at the older dark rides in Fantasyland (Peter Pan, Mr. Toad,etc.), the front and sides are much lower. I wish the people that design new rides would look at them from a young childs height.

I agree wholeheartedly, poor little ones miss so much.

MonorailChris
03-02-2006, 08:31 AM
Boy I Wish Some Of The People Who Post On This Site Would Win A Very Large Powerball Loto.So That They Could Build There Own Theme Park And It Would Just Be Perfect! Because Apparently They Know How To Design The Perfect Ride,And Imagineirs Apparently Don't Have A Clue Based On Everyones Opinons Here.From Bashing Pooh Every Chance They Get , To Spoiling Monsters Inc. With Bad Reviews.if The Attractions Are That Bad Do Us All A Favor And Don't Renew Your Annual Pass LET THE INSULTS AT ME BEGIN NOW!!! BUT FOR THOSE WHO AGREE WITH ME CAN I GET A AMEN!

MonorailChris
03-02-2006, 08:35 AM
by the way my family and i love the monster's inc ride .what other ride goes threw a bathroom? also the end with roz is funny everytime we go on it:D

The old man
03-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Boy I Wish Some Of The People Who Post On This Site Would Win A Very Large Powerball Loto.So That They Could Build There Own Theme Park And It Would Just Be Perfect! Because Apparently They Know How To Design The Perfect Ride,And Imagineirs Apparently Don't Have A Clue Based On Everyones Opinons Here.From Bashing Pooh Every Chance They Get , To Spoiling Monsters Inc. With Bad Reviews.if The Attractions Are That Bad Do Us All A Favor And Don't Renew Your Annual Pass LET THE INSULTS AT ME BEGIN NOW!!! BUT FOR THOSE WHO AGREE WITH ME CAN I GET A AMEN!
No, you're right. All rides are prefect. Disney doesn't make mistakes. DCA is just as good as DL. We have no right to criticize anything. Spending $60 per day plus food and souvenirs doesn't give us any right to say anything. We should just keep our mouths shut and go bowling.

(Please note I'm attacking the message and not the messenger.)

David

CaptainHook15
03-02-2006, 11:32 AM
(Please note I'm attacking the message and not the messenger.) David

That made me laugh out loud. With you, not at you! Thanks. :D

In regards to Monster's... I think it is a great little ride. A billion times better than Limo and very close IMO to the dark rides in DL (it puts Pooh to shame). The lines are long now due to it being so new, but that is to be expected. If you go to DCA don't miss it. My eight yr old couldnt get enough of it. The funny ending, right before unloading, was cracking us both up everytime we rode it! Classic.

I would agree that if youve riden it once, I wouldnt wait over an hour for it, but there are only about 4-5 rides that I would wait over an hour for, so it's still in very good company.

The old man
03-02-2006, 11:45 AM
That made me laugh out loud. With you, not at you! Thanks. :D

Thank you. But I also was quite serious. I'm on other boards where the personal attacks come fast and furious. It is no fun. However, if there is a statement we strongly disagree with we need to be able to strongly attack it--and again not the person.

David

ILovePoker
03-02-2006, 12:27 PM
It is OK, not great. Geared toward young kids. Fun to see a least once.
I agree, not very good but not brutal.

geoffa
03-02-2006, 12:27 PM
BUT FOR THOSE WHO AGREE WITH ME CAN I GET A AMEN!

AMEN and HALLELUJAH!:) My Nephews have never had any problems seeing on any ride but I wish designers would allow a bit more leg room. I've been smashed on the knees by Doom buggy descending bars, cramped to death on Big Thunder ans squashed alive on California Screamin' but I still love the rides!:)

ILovePoker
03-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Amen. All people seem to do is criticize something repeatedly until they think people will start to believe their own opinion (even though it's not fact).

junglemom
03-02-2006, 12:45 PM
I just watched the spoiler video and was surprised to see that Boo actually swings at Randall. The three times I rode it she wasn't swinging, and I thought it would be so much better if she did. I guess I was right. Also I never saw the Abominable snowman in the door. I guess the ride wasn't running so smoothly while I was there.

TowerofTerror
03-02-2006, 02:06 PM
The ride from I get from friends is almost like Rodger Rabbit Cartoon spin. I think someone posted on here a ride video of it. Well I would check that at if you can before you go and ride it.