PDA

View Full Version : Pet Friendly hotels Disneyland Area

Pages : [1] 2 3

stander3
03-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if there are any hotels that would accept a small dog. We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel and I know there is the kennel outside of Disneyland. The only problem is, there is no overnight facilities at the kennel. Does anyone know of any such hotels in the area?

Andrew
03-01-2006, 08:56 AM
If you are a AAA member, stop by your local office and pick up Traveling with your Pet: The AAA PetBook for $13.95 (member price). The Dog Lover's Companion To California (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1566916968/disneinforguided/) is also good.

Darkbeer
03-01-2006, 09:19 AM
I know the Red Roof Inn on Disney Way allows one pet per room.

Malcon10t
03-01-2006, 09:24 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if there are any hotels that would accept a small dog. We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel and I know there is the kennel outside of Disneyland. The only problem is, there is no overnight facilities at the kennel. Does anyone know of any such hotels in the area?The Hilton is pet friendly, as is the Sheraton (they even have doggie beds.) I don't know if they charge a fee for the dogs or not. The Anabella also welcomes dogs, but charges $50 a night.

Malcon10t
03-01-2006, 09:27 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if there are any hotels that would accept a small dog. We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel and I know there is the kennel outside of Disneyland. The only problem is, there is no overnight facilities at the kennel. Does anyone know of any such hotels in the area?I'm confused. You are staying at the Disneyland Hotel and looking for a seperate place for the pup?? Have you checked with the DLH to see if they accept pets?

Darkbeer
03-01-2006, 09:57 AM
Here are a few more

Residence Inn by Marriott on Disney Way

La Quinta on Clementine

Anaheim at the Park Travelodge

Anaheim Plaza Hotel

Clarion Convention Center Hotel

Quality Inn Maingate

FYI, none of the three Disney owned hotels allow pets.

CariBelle
03-01-2006, 10:01 AM
I was just at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel website and it charges a $10.00 a day fee for a pet.

Malcon10t
03-01-2006, 11:17 AM
I was just at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel website and it charges a $10.00 a day fee for a pet. Most do charge anywhere from $10-50 a day. Some also require a cleaning deposit. Some also have size limits. You can use http://www.bestpetfriendlyhotels.net/ to find ones that will accept pets.

stander3
03-02-2006, 03:49 AM
Thanks for the responses guys. I went into the AAA office today to pick up my vacation package and they gave me a Southern California Tourbook free. They have little doggie icons by each hotel that is pet friendly, and the book was free. Hopefully next trip we can bring our pup.

Mommy2NicknMax
03-02-2006, 06:06 AM
Most do charge anywhere from $10-50 a day. Some also require a cleaning deposit. Some also have size limits. You can use http://www.bestpetfriendlyhotels.net/ to find ones that will accept pets.
I just want to say "Thank you" for posting this website! We are moving from WA to CA soon and will be stopping twice along the way. That site helped me find hotels on the way down that will allow us to have our cat there. It was a BIG help! :)

cfrith
03-02-2006, 06:48 AM
I hope that the hotels that do allow pets designate certain rooms for them. As someone with bad allergies, that would not be good!

Malcon10t
03-02-2006, 10:10 AM
I hope that the hotels that do allow pets designate certain rooms for them. As someone with bad allergies, that would not be good!In our situation, they cannot legally do that. We travel with a service dog, so we don't have the issue of even making sure the place is pet friendly. Hotels cannot say a service animal has to stay in specific rooms, or cannot be in specific areas of a restaurant.

Wesley815
03-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Hotels cannot say a service animal has to stay in specific rooms, or cannot be in specific areas of a restaurant.Of course not! No one else except you matters!

:rolleyes:

The old man
03-02-2006, 11:58 AM
I hope that the hotels that do allow pets designate certain rooms for them. As someone with bad allergies, that would not be good!
Unfortunately, as Malcon10t quickly pointed out, people with allergies are not a protected group in a legal sense. I have allergies too and will not stay at a pet friendly hotel--thank goodness for the AAA list. In regard to service dogs fortunately there aren't usually that many in a given hotel at one time--so their impact should be minimal.

It would be nice, and logical, for non-pet hotels to have rooms set aside for people with service dogs--give them the best rooms in the hotel for gosh sakes.

I hope I'm not too non-P.C. to express these thoughts.:rolleyes:

stan4d_steph
03-02-2006, 11:58 AM
In our situation, they cannot legally do that. We travel with a service dog, so we don't have the issue of even making sure the place is pet friendly. Hotels cannot say a service animal has to stay in specific rooms, or cannot be in specific areas of a restaurant.I wonder about that, if hotels that allow pets do have specific rooms they typically book? Of course, if those were full and you were booking with a service animal, it wouldn't apply. Anyone know?

CariBelle
03-02-2006, 12:06 PM
I wonder about that, if hotels that allow pets do have specific rooms they typically book? Of course, if those were full and you were booking with a service animal, it wouldn't apply. Anyone know?

My cousin manages a hotel and I asked him about that once, he said that at his hotel (and I in no way mean that this applies everywhere) they try to book people with pets on the ground floor (or a 3 storyhotel). That way the pets have easy access to the grass area (fewer accidents in the rooms) and it helps keep the pet hair under control. He said they also have a block of 4 room on the third floor they put pet owners in if they demand an upper floor room.

Malcon10t
03-02-2006, 12:15 PM
My cousin manages a hotel and I asked him about that once, he said that at his hotel (and I in no way mean that this applies everywhere) they try to book people with pets on the ground floor (or a 3 storyhotel). That way the pets have easy access to the grass area (fewer accidents in the rooms) and it helps keep the pet hair under control. He said they also have a block of 4 room on the third floor they put pet owners in if they demand an upper floor room.I always request a ground floor room. Contrary to a previous posters opinion of me, I request a ground floor room because our pup has to be in total control all day, so we usually take a few minutes each evening to play games with him to unwind. This usually involves his running. In an upper floored room, I worry about the guests below me hearing his padding feet back and forth across the room 20 times. Its also faster to take him out to potty, since we generally go out a couple times a day more than we would without him.

Jewels
03-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Malcon10t,

I just wanted to say thank you for what you do. As a person who may need a guide dog in the future I have total respect for the time and love you and other puppy raiser/trainers put into each dog. So they can in turn give a person the best gift of all INDEPENDENCE.

Malcon10t
03-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Malcon10t,

I just wanted to say thank you for what you do. As a person who may need a guide dog in the future I have total respect for the time and love you and other puppy raiser/trainers put into each dog. So they can in turn give a person the best gift of all INDEPENDENCE.
Awwww, thank you. It is a lot of love and heartbreak. My daughter is the primary raiser, with me being the assistant (and financial backing.) We raise them from 8 weeks to 20 mos, loving them, teaching them, feeding them, providing all medical care, then at 20 mos, we send them "to college" so they can be placed with someone who needs them. There are a LOT of tears shed at that time, a piece of our hearts go with them, but when they graduate and we hand the leash to their partner, it is all worth while.

The little one to the left is our newest baby. He is so adorable and a fast learner. We will have him until 7/07. We just sent our last pup to advanced training after taking him to Disneyland in December. He is being placed with someone who will take him to an elderly group home to help out there. He will be more of a therapy dog there. Our first pup was placed with a 28yo woman who is in a chair and she assists the woman by picking up things, turning lights on and off, getting things out of the fridge and shelves, and even pulls the wheelchair.

Attached is a pic of our #2 pup waiting for SM before his return to college.

Jewels
03-02-2006, 04:17 PM
What a cool dog ;)

Malcon10t
03-02-2006, 04:26 PM
What a cool dog ;)
If anyone wants to check out more, go to http://www.usatoday.com/life/graphics/dogs/flash.htm and click on Shea and Mercer, last one to the right. That dog has made such an impact on the young girls life. THAT is why we do it.

keschy
03-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Of course not! No one else except you matters!

:rolleyes:

I know how bad allergies can be but think of others with issues too. How would you feel if you couldn't go ANYWHERE without assistance and places like hotels, restaurants and Disneyland were closed to you because you have a disability? Service animals allow people to have experiences they might otherwise miss out on.

Wesley815
03-02-2006, 04:41 PM
How would you feel if you couldn't go ANYWHERE without assistance and places like hotels, restaurants and Disneyland were closed to you because you have a disability? Service animals allow people to have experiences they might otherwise miss out on.I never said they shouldn't be allowed to go places... I just had an issuse with the very rude and self-centered post I was replying to which said that NO rules can block their animals from staying anywhere they want, and doing whatever they want, no matter what anyone else thinks.

Malcon10t
03-02-2006, 04:44 PM
I never said they shouldn't be allowed to go places... I just had an issuse with the very rude and self-centered post I was replying to regarding NO rules can block their animals from staying anywhere they want, and doing whatever they want, no matter what.I'm sorry the American's with Disabilities Act bothers you, its just the law. Not being rude, just stating the facts.

Wesley815
03-02-2006, 04:47 PM
I'm sorry the American's with Disabilities Act bothers you, its just the law. Not being rude, just stating the facts.Oh that's fine... just keep following the law, since I know basic common courtesy is way to much to ask from anyone now-in-days.

:fez: