PDA

View Full Version : Oscar Sunday

twokids
03-01-2006, 05:47 AM
I want to talk a quick mommy and me trip to DL with my five year old but the only time I can get a babysitter for my very active one year old is Sunday afternoon. Is there any chance that the Oscars might keep some of the crowd away? Thanks everyone!!

stan4d_steph
03-01-2006, 05:51 AM
I want to talk a quick mommy and me trip to DL with my five year old but the only time I can get a babysitter for my very active one year old is Sunday afternoon. Is there any chance that the Oscars might keep some of the crowd away? Thanks everyone!!Not likely to affect crowd levels.

luvmyfamily
03-01-2006, 01:27 PM
Super Bowl Sunday didn't deter any crowds, I doubt that the Oscar's will have any impact!

tod
03-01-2006, 03:11 PM
The only place the Oscars® affect the attendance is at the movies, because the same people who would go to the movies watch the Oscars® instead.

Unfortunately for you, Disneyland will be filled with people who don't care much about the Oscars®.

--t

CariBelle
03-01-2006, 03:15 PM
I was at Hollywood & Highland last year on Oscar day and it was crazy! As long as DL isn't like H&H was, I'll be happy lol.

stan4d_steph
03-02-2006, 06:50 AM
I was at Hollywood & Highland last year on Oscar day and it was crazy! As long as DL isn't like H&H was, I'll be happy lol.Well considering that H&H is where the Oscars are HELD, I would expect it to be busy on that day.

The old man
03-02-2006, 11:29 AM
This year's show is expected to be the lowest rated in sometime. So don't expect anyone to be staying home glued to their sets.

David

CariBelle
03-02-2006, 11:32 AM
Well considering that H&H is where the Oscars are HELD, I would expect it to be busy on that day.

We booked our trip down there so far in advance that the Oscars didn't even come to mind when we picked a hotel. We had other places to be that day but the traffic in and out was horrible.

stan4d_steph
03-02-2006, 11:37 AM
We booked our trip down there so far in advance that the Oscars didn't even come to mind when we picked a hotel. We had other places to be that day but the traffic in and out was horrible.I can imagine. Did you see any of the arrivals? That would be sort of fun, but not if you wanted to be elsewhere and couldn't get there! :)

CariBelle
03-02-2006, 11:42 AM
I can imagine. Did you see any of the arrivals? That would be sort of fun, but not if you wanted to be elsewhere and couldn't get there! :)

We didn't get to see any of that, we left the H&H area at about 10 in the morning and didn't get back until late that night. But we did manage to sneak around the "red carpet" area the day before. We took pictures next to the giant Oscar statues and on the big stairway while it was decked out. The reall bad part was that a lot of the H&H stores were closed due to the production.