PDA

View Full Version : So I asked a Jungle Cruise Cast Member ...

nightdesigns
02-28-2006, 07:13 PM
How often does someone fall in, CM's or guests. I was quite surprised to hear that at least once a week a Guest falls in, and several times a week for CM's. He told me that a lot of times it's kids falling in because the parents are rushing them in and out of the boats and not letting the CM's properly assist them. :rolleyes:

Also found out that there is about 18" of sludge at the bottom of the river made up of the exhaust from the boats, duck waste, and leaves. Apparently the first few trips around in the morning are rather stinky!

PirateSmile
02-28-2006, 07:23 PM
Once a week?! Hahah, never would've guessed!

ralfrick
03-01-2006, 07:59 AM
We were in Orlando last July, boats were stacked up at unload, no breeze, stifling heat, and I was wondering how I could "accidentally" fall in from the box in the center of the boat. Even the desert has the decency to cool down at night.

Cheers.

mi_mous
03-01-2006, 08:21 AM
My friends high school was banned from grad night at Disneyland for a couple of years. Apparently some of the grads had been drinking and were jumping off the boats and swimming in the water.
All I can say is that they must have been pretty drunk to be swimming in that water! GROSS! Plus, can you imagine all the machinery that is down there? How dangerous!

averagedork
03-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Reasons why to duck when the fish on sticks come out. Ew!

I know someone that was banded from Disneyland for swimming in Small World. He apparently punched a doll too.

JookyG
03-01-2006, 10:16 AM
According to Skipper Ben on the Inside the Magic podcast, whenever a guest falls into the Jungle Cruise water at WDW, even just an arm or leg, they're taken to the cast member infirmary and treated to a "complimentary" tetanus shot. Must be some pretty icky water!

stan4d_steph
03-01-2006, 10:23 AM
I know someone that was banded from Disneyland for swimming in Small World. He apparently punched a doll too.Banded? Is that so they can track him if he tries to come in the park again? Did he get fitted with one of those radio collars like they put on bears?

averagedork
03-01-2006, 10:29 AM
Banded? Is that so they can track him if he tries to come in the park again? Did he get fitted with one of those radio collars like they put on bears?
Crap... banned. Knew I was typing too fast.

Wow what a great souviner from the park, a free tetanus shot! Wow that is much better than my sherriff name tag. "Look at what I got a Disneyland! A tetanus shot!" Dude if I was a kid and I had to get one of those at the park I'd never go back again.

stan4d_steph
03-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Crap... banned. Knew I was typing too fast.;)

HTanner
03-01-2006, 01:02 PM
We took my friend in college on the story book canal boats. She was about to get knee surgery and was being helped off the boat by the cast member. She lost her balance, panicked and flung her arms out. She ended up on the dock - the poor cast member ended up in the drink. The cast member was o.k. and so kind to be worried about my completely embarassed friend.

Glad she didn't have to get the shot...