PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Switches to [Dreyer's, not] Breyers

Pages : [1] 2

nightdesigns
02-28-2006, 07:05 PM
I don't remember seeing this mentinoed and a search came up empty ...

The Gibson Girl Ice Cream parlor has switched to Breyers from Nestle.

I thought the sign seemed different and the girl serving me mentioned that they changed as well.

Website hasn't been updated to reflect the changes yet.

That is all, carry on!

Burnt Toast
02-28-2006, 08:02 PM
I love Breyers!

Black pack goodness.

PirateSmile
02-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Yum. All natur-ahl, easy word ingredients. <3

TTFN92
02-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Oh, NASTY :eek: ! DH and I can't stand Breyers. Luckily, I never get ice cream, but DH and the kids do. We'll see what he ends up doing in a couple of weeks. I have a hard time buying ice cream there when it is the same thing that I can get at the grocery store. And I could get a whole carton for the price of one cone. I would soooo much rather get something that I can only get at Dis, like a Dole Whip or Churro :D .

MrsG
02-28-2006, 08:29 PM
So is it the same flavors??

nightdesigns
02-28-2006, 08:39 PM
So is it the same flavors??

As far as I could tell, the basics were the same. Few others that I wasn't sure if they were there before, but it seems like they change out the other flavors every now and then.

jswtsang
02-28-2006, 11:04 PM
oh man, does that mean that the mint choc chip isn't green anymore? I love it when it's green even though I know it's just dye...then again I love yellow american cheese because i think it's cheesier, I know it's just some sort of dye too...:(

jt

ssmccullough
03-01-2006, 12:24 AM
Um the Ice Cream hasn't been Nestle for quite awhile now. I was a CM in the Ice Cream Shops (Both DCA and DL) and at the time it was Dreyers Ice Cream and that was last summer.

nightdesigns
03-01-2006, 06:10 AM
oh man, does that mean that the mint choc chip isn't green anymore? I love it when it's green even though I know it's just dye...then again I love yellow american cheese because i think it's cheesier, I know it's just some sort of dye too...:(

jt

No worries, still green!

JeffG
03-01-2006, 08:01 AM

The Gibson Girl Ice Cream parlor has switched to Breyers from Nestle.

Are you sure it was Breyers and not Dreyers? They switched the ice cream parlors to Dreyers (which is owned by Nestle) about a year ago.

-Jeff

hbquikcomjamesl
03-01-2006, 08:07 AM
I think the last time I ate ice cream at DL, it was still Carnation, and Carnation Main Street was still Carnation Main Street, a combination ice cream parlor/full-service restaurant, instead of the present arrangement.

I had a "Snow White," hold the nuts. It was always either that, or an industrial-strength vanilla milkshake.

Nowadays, if I need a snack, I usually just get a 2-pack of "shorts-bread" cookies. Anybody else notice that they're considerably cheaper in the 2-packs than they are if you buy a box of them?

Wendi
03-01-2006, 08:29 AM
Yay!!! I boycott Nestle so this is good news for me.

TikiGeek
03-01-2006, 08:36 AM
Any sightings of Fantasia Ice Cream. :confused:

mcow1
03-01-2006, 08:41 AM
Any sightings of Fantasia Ice Cream. :confused:
Not when I was there Friday night, unfortunately.

stan4d_steph
03-01-2006, 08:51 AM
Any sightings of Fantasia Ice Cream. :confused:Fantasia has been gone for a long time now, and will not return.

TikiGeek
03-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Fantasia has been gone for a long time now, and will not return.I know :crying: - but miracles happen everyday. ;)

stan4d_steph
03-01-2006, 08:59 AM

The Gibson Girl Ice Cream parlor has switched to Breyers from Nestle.Here's the thread from October 2004 (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=33098&highlight=gibson+girl) that detailed the branding change to Dreyer's.

jswtsang
03-01-2006, 09:37 AM
No worries, still green!
Phew!
I bet it's Dreyer's, that's what it was the last couple times I went earlier this year. I like Dreyer's, I get the Mint choc and the cookies and cream :)

jt

Stupid_American
03-01-2006, 09:38 AM
It was Dreyers a couple weeks ago!

Burnt Toast
03-01-2006, 11:15 AM
Ewww... Dreyers is awful. Sugarly, totally full of crap. Yuk.

The only sugary, preservative filled ice cream I'll eat is from either Cold Stone or 31 Flavors and that's only on special occassions. I won't buy it at the stores.

TTFN92
03-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Dreyer's is way better than Breyer's. It's so much more creamy. I guess DH will still be getting a cone. I'm sure he'll be happy :p .

Wendi
03-01-2006, 03:34 PM
So the OP is false? Anyone know if they really did change to Breyer's, or if it's still the Dreyer's/Nestle/Carnation products? I'm skeptical that Nestle and Disney would lose their grip on each other, but it sure would make me super happy to see Nestle out of my favorite place.

Quinten27
03-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Out of curiousity.........why do you not like Nestle?

GrumpyUTboi
03-02-2006, 05:51 AM
Nasty ole ice cream. Good thing that I can't eat it!

stan4d_steph
03-02-2006, 06:40 AM
So the OP is false? Anyone know if they really did change to Breyer's, or if it's still the Dreyer's/Nestle/Carnation products? I'm skeptical that Nestle and Disney would lose their grip on each other, but it sure would make me super happy to see Nestle out of my favorite place.The OP is false. Breyer's and Dreyer's are very close, but the ice cream at Gibson Girl is Dreyer's.

Out of curiousity.........why do you not like Nestle?That boycott goes back a long way. See the Wikipedia entry here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nestle_boycott).