PDA

View Full Version : How are the crowds? [merged]

Pages : [1] 2

nursemelis374
02-25-2006, 08:49 AM
OMG! Blueckles and I have now gone 3 Fridays in a row and it was crazy last night! Full trams heading in to DL both at 6 when we got there and 8 when we left. We just went to DCA and I know I have never seen that place like that! At 8 there was a 50 minute wait for Soarin', 45 min for Monsters, Inc. and an almost full group in It's Tough to Be a Bug. Blue's mom was at DL and said it was horrid.

A lady at my work was there on Thursday and said it was bad also!

Lekta
02-25-2006, 08:55 AM
Wonder why, is there some kind of promotion going on with the local residents? Makes me worried for next week.

DangerMouse
02-25-2006, 09:05 AM
Two things that I know of: A HUGE cheerleader convention, and Tucson's Rodeo week provided for a 4 day weekend for Tucson students.

Lekta - I'm not worried at all about crowds next week. I know you've been watching the weather, looks like we're gonna be soaked on Monday and Tuesday. Waaaahhhhh!

nursemelis374
02-25-2006, 09:52 AM
We saw only 1 cheerleader group in the parks last night.

holgirl
02-25-2006, 10:14 AM
I was at DL last night and there was a 50 min. wait for Indy at 11:30pm! We just went for fireworks and fantasmic, so didn't ride anything, but i saw a couple cheerleader groups throughout the park. The fireworks crowd was comparable to xmas crowds!

Leap for Joy
02-25-2006, 02:27 PM
We were there with a school group from Tucson. The funny thing that I noticed was that, in spite of the crowds, FastPasses were still available for many of the rides until mid-evening. I'm used to FastPasses being sold out by early to mid-afternoon when it's that crowded !

Burnt Toast
02-25-2006, 04:44 PM
I was in the Parks on Wednesday and Thursday this week with crazyjxxxx and it was crazy crowded at both Parks. No wonder why our education system ranks so lowly compared to the rest of the world... our kids are hardly in school anymore. :rolleyes:

MrsG
02-25-2006, 05:00 PM
Crazy busy today (Saturday) too. 75 minute wait for Soarin'. Haven't seen DCA that busy in a LONG time. Cheerleaders everywhere. Rodeo time for Arizona, but also was a school holiday week for Washington (at least that's what we heard).

ktrm
02-25-2006, 06:47 PM
I was in the Parks on Wednesday and Thursday this week with crazyjxxxx and it was crazy crowded at both Parks. No wonder why our education system ranks so lowly compared to the rest of the world... our kids are hardly in school anymore. :rolleyes:

Was it busy at the park opening on Wednesday and Thursday as well?

biolabetty
02-25-2006, 07:27 PM
It was really busy at both parks today. We had a 20 minute wait just to get to the parking structure. It seemed like everywhere you looked there were huge groups of cheerleaders with their huge groups of parents. It was one of those days that made me glad I have an AP so I can come back when it's better. This just happened to be the only day my daughter could go to DL to get our last bites of BB before it closes for 4 months.

Koala Gurl
02-25-2006, 07:28 PM
I was there Thursday and it was crowded for a midweek day (though, nothing at all compared to a weekend).

I was wondering why I kept seeing Arizona (U of A) shirts / apparel all over!

jasonknapp
02-25-2006, 08:25 PM
Actually, we live in San Diego and my daughter had the whole week off school. I think it's fairly common becasue of President's Day. I know I have friends up in NoCal who also had the week off. We went Wednesday and I was surprised by how crowded it was--it was more like a Sunday than a weekday.

evrythngwmn
02-25-2006, 08:25 PM
It was way busy Friday night and I saw multiple cheerleader groups. My friend and I waited an hour to ride Soarin. I only agreed to it because she really wanted to ride and doesn't go all the time like I do.

ktrm
02-25-2006, 10:08 PM
They never actually closed Disneyland to guests this past Friday and Saturday did they? This is my big fear for my vacation, because I plan to fully use my hopper pass but I can't hop back and forth too well if Disneyland is closed. Is there any website I can go to to see what the past daily attendance of Disneyland was? I mean can you look up how many people were in the park on Friday somewhere? just curious.

evrythngwmn
02-25-2006, 10:13 PM
They never actually closed Disneyland to guests this past Friday and Saturday did they? This is my big fear for my vacation, because I plan to fully use my hopper pass but I can't hop back and forth too well if Disneyland is closed. Is there any website I can go to to see what the past daily attendance of Disneyland was? I mean can you look up how many people were in the park on Friday somewhere? just curious.

No, that generally only happens sometimes in the summer and at Christmas time usually.

mgg1234
02-25-2006, 10:16 PM
My daughter and I were ther Thursday, Friday and this morning. It was a zoo. I have never seen so many people there on a Thursday in the winter. We saw tons of cheerleaders, but we've been there the same weekend as the cheerleaders before and it hasn't been this bad. Thursday's crowd seemed to have an exceptionally high number of pre-schoolers and toddlers.

We tried to hit the big rides during Fantasmic, but the crowd never thinned out. This morning (Sat) was even more crowded. It looked like Spring break. We got a Fastpass for Indie, then settled for breakfast and some shopping. Even the trains had lines running out into the street.

Tinkermommy
02-26-2006, 11:32 AM
A friend and I took our three kids for an unplanned visit yesterday (Saturday) and it was packed! We arrived around 10:30 a.m., and it appeared that every parking booth (in the structure) was open, but every lane was still backed up around the curve approaching Ball Road. Yikes! The tram lines were so long that we ended up walking over. I noticed the booths were displaying the "Disneyland Resort is very busy today" signs.

We waited about 45 minutes for Buzz Lightyear, but got FastPasses for Indiana. (Phew.) We took a "farewell" ride on Pirates (no, we're NOT going to leave flowers -- LOL), and waited about 45 minutes for that. We saw uniformed cheerleaders everywhere (how DO they stay comfortable at the park with that thick, glittery stuff above their eyes? I'm sure it looks nice on stage, but it was kinda scary up-close!).

We headed for California Adventure, thinking it would be less crowded -- hah! The line for Monsters was 65 minutes, Soarin' was 75 minutes so we skipped them. We went to the Animation Academy twice -- first time was half-full (or was it half-empty?) but they changed the schedule and drew Goofy, which is what they've drawn every time the kids with us have gone. So for the next class, they did Pooh (yay!) but it was much more crowded and the crowd got sort of frenzied finding seats. People kept shoving between the members of our party, so we kept getting separated and having to move further and further back to be able to sit together. Next time, I think we'll chain ourselves together...

We totally lucked out with our meals, though. We got to the Plaza Inn about 10 minutes before it opened, so we breezed through. It got REALLY crowded while we were eating. We also hit Taste Pilots just right; no line at all and only about 5 minutes (or less) to wait for the food.

Boy, it's been a LONG time since I was there and it wasn't crowded...I miss those days!

SeansMom
02-26-2006, 12:18 PM
Actually, we live in San Diego and my daughter had the whole week off school. I think it's fairly common becasue of President's Day. I know I have friends up in NoCal who also had the week off. We went Wednesday and I was surprised by how crowded it was--it was more like a Sunday than a weekday.

We have friends from Portland that were in DL this past week due to her school being out. It was their first trip ever...sure hope they had fun despite the crowds!

Another Dimension
02-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Today (2/26) was so crowded in the afternoon, that my friends were directed to park in the Ball Rd/Cast Member lot... north of, (behind) the Eisnerplex. :eek:

katiesue
02-26-2006, 08:29 PM
we got there at around 1PM and had to park there too. And getting a tram back around 7 took forever. I think we had to wait for about 5 trams before we got on.

I Heart Disneyland!
02-26-2006, 08:57 PM
I'm jealous. And that's all I have to say about that. :p

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Crazy busy today (Saturday) too. 75 minute wait for Soarin'. Haven't seen DCA that busy in a LONG time. Cheerleaders everywhere. Rodeo time for Arizona, but also was a school holiday week for Washington (at least that's what we heard).

We are in WA State and the schools were closed Monday, Presidents Day.

doodlebug
02-28-2006, 12:10 PM
We were there last week and the crowds were bigger than we have ever seen them for that particular week.. We usually come down then from Seattle because the kids are off the whole week.. Guess everyone decided it was a good idea too.. And dang on Thursday and Friday there were so many cheerleaders everywhere!!!

MermaidHair
02-28-2006, 05:50 PM
Just a last minute wondering about how the crowds were in the Parks today. Anybody there who can comment on this?

We take off tomorrow and should be in DL by 2:30 pm. I am hoping for light crowds but will be happy to be there, no matter the attendance. See you there:D :D :D

Grandbreaker
02-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Just a last minute wondering about how the crowds were in the Parks today. Anybody there who can comment on this?

We take off tomorrow and should be in DL by 2:30 pm. I am hoping for light crowds but will be happy to be there, no matter the attendance. See you there:D :D :D

Not crowded at all today it was a very nice day today.