PDA

View Full Version : Wow, I just saved $40 on our hotel

CariBelle
02-28-2006, 04:15 PM
I have been keeping an eye on the rates at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel & Suites, we had already made a reservation for I always check back just in case. The rate for Saturday night went from $80 down to $50! SO I had to cancel the old ressie and make a new one, saving a total of almost $40 after taxes.

darph nader
02-28-2006, 05:35 PM
Cooool. More fun money.:cool:

rentayenta
02-28-2006, 06:44 PM
Don't you just LOVE that? Awesome!

1shellybell
02-28-2006, 08:05 PM
CariBelle - Just out of curiosity, what were the dates your going? I have reservations 4/2-4/8 and am wondering if rates will be going down at all. TIA

CariBelle
02-28-2006, 09:46 PM
CariBelle - Just out of curiosity, what were the dates your going? I have reservations 4/2-4/8 and am wondering if rates will be going down at all. TIA

We are staying 3/4-3/6. I made the reservations about a week and half ago and this was the second rate change I've seen since then. On Saturday the rate went down to $70 from $82 (but only on the Saturday night we are there, the Sunday rate has stayed the same). So I would def. keep checking.

Shinku
02-28-2006, 11:03 PM
LOL! Completely off topic, but as soon as I read this I thought:

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico!

CariBelle
02-28-2006, 11:06 PM

After I posted I thought it sounded like that too lol

annieb727
03-01-2006, 05:34 AM
very awesome! i'm always checking back too -- I'm staying at that hotel (March 13-16) and got a rate of $48/night (had to prepay though for that rate -- but that's pretty much as low as that hotel's going to get)

enjoy your trip!!

1shellybell
03-01-2006, 08:08 AM
Thanks CariBelle, I'll keep watching, hopefully prices will fall.

CariBelle
03-01-2006, 08:19 AM
very awesome! i'm always checking back too -- I'm staying at that hotel (March 13-16) and got a rate of $48/night (had to prepay though for that rate -- but that's pretty much as low as that hotel's going to get)

enjoy your trip!!

Thanks! I hope the hotel turns out to be ok. I read some mixed reviews on here and tripadvisor. My expectations aren't very high (they never are for a 2 star hotel) but as long as I get a clean bed and shower I'll be happy lol.

CariBelle
03-01-2006, 09:45 AM
How odd, I just checked the website again and the Saturday rate has gone back up to $79.

JookyG
03-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Is that hotel on "the strip?" I mean, S. Harbor right across the street from the park? Or is it far enough away that you have to take a shuttle? 'Cuz I always think it's worth paying the extra money to be close enough to walk back to the room for an afternoon nap, a cocktail or just to pick up a sweater.

CariBelle
03-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Is that hotel on "the strip?" I mean, S. Harbor right across the street from the park? Or is it far enough away that you have to take a shuttle? 'Cuz I always think it's worth paying the extra money to be close enough to walk back to the room for an afternoon nap, a cocktail or just to pick up a sweater.

It's about a block and half from the crosswalk, so def. close enough to walk back and forth. We were going to stay at the Park Vue, but this was a better deal and I can handle walking a little bit, but I never stay somewhere that requires a shuttle, IMO it's a waste of time.

annieb727
03-01-2006, 03:18 PM
we stayed there in december and it was a decent hotel (however, I am not a hotel snob by any means) - it was clean and comfortable and CHEAP

also, it was EASY walking to the park -- it is one light down from the main DL crosswalk (basically across the street from the Tower of Terror) - i wouldn't want to take a shuttle -- it would take longer to get on the shuttle than to walk

CariBelle
03-01-2006, 03:21 PM
we stayed there in december and it was a decent hotel (however, I am not a hotel snob by any means) - it was clean and comfortable and CHEAP

also, it was EASY walking to the park -- it is one light down from the main DL crosswalk (basically across the street from the Tower of Terror) - i wouldn't want to take a shuttle -- it would take longer to get on the shuttle than to walk

That's so good to hear! And I'm glad you posted that it was across from ToT, I didn't know if the hotel was on the DL or DCA side of the crosswalk. I've had to make so many U turns on Harbor lol

cfrith
03-01-2006, 07:06 PM

That was exactly my first thought too!!!