PDA

View Full Version : Lockers inside the park?

CariBelle
02-28-2006, 11:07 AM
I've never used a locker at DL before, but since the weather is looking iffy I want to take in a bag with some extra clothing (long sleeve shirts, gloves, extra socks) but have no desire to lug it around all day. Where can I find lockers inside the park and about how big are they?

mcow1
02-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Main St. right hand side as you're going towards the castle. Between the Market and General store. There are, I think, two different sizes the larger one should be fine for most things. It seems last time I got one it was $5 for one of the smaller ones, unlimited access all day.

CariBelle
02-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Thank you very much Mike! :)

geoffa
02-28-2006, 11:23 AM
I've never used a locker at DL before, but since the weather is looking iffy I want to take in a bag with some extra clothing (long sleeve shirts, gloves, extra socks) but have no desire to lug it around all day. Where can I find lockers inside the park and about how big are they?
Official Disneyland site currently says:
Disneyland® park: Lockers are available outside the Main Entrance and on Main Street, U.S.A. Disney's California Adventure™ park: Lockers are located at the Main Entrance and the Golden Gateway. Downtown Disney®; District: Lockers outside the Main Entrances to Disneyland® park and Disney's California Adventure™ park are available for use. Locker rentals at all locations are $6, $7, $8 or $10 per day, depending on the locker's size.:)

CariBelle
02-28-2006, 11:27 AM

Nancy
02-28-2006, 01:22 PM
As the lockers outside the park are no longer there, you might want to hurry to the Main Street lockers. First come, first serve remember!! Those are $6 for small and $7 for larger. I highly recommend the larger. (For only a $1 more, so worth it.) Go inside, turn to your left and go to the last row on the wall. It seems everyone always stops at the first check-in spot and they bottle-neck the whole room. That back wall has the larger lockers.

MammaSilva
02-28-2006, 01:27 PM
As the lockers outside the park are no longer there, you might want to hurry to the Main Street lockers. First come, first serve remember!! Those are $6 for small and $7 for larger. I highly recommend the larger. (For only a $1 more, so worth it.) Go inside, turn to your left and go to the last row on the wall. It seems everyone always stops at the first check-in spot and they bottle-neck the whole room. That back wall has the larger lockers.

Actually that's not quite accurate, the lockets at the picnic area are not available but there are lockers outside guest services both on the Disneyland and the DCA side of the resort. Granted to use them you have to actually go outside the park but they are there and while I haven't used them recently the ones near guest services Disneyland side used to be a bit larger to accomodate bigger packages.

OCCOBRA
02-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Did it go up again on main street for a small locker? It was $5 just 2 or 3 months ago. A cool thing about the last time i used it is you can swipe your credit card to pay instead of using cash.

cstephens
02-28-2006, 02:28 PM
Did it go up again on main street for a small locker? It was $5 just 2 or 3 months ago. A cool thing about the last time i used it is you can swipe your credit card to pay instead of using cash.

Yes, the prices went up a little while ago. And yes, you can still use a credit card.

OCCOBRA
02-28-2006, 02:49 PM
They used to be $4 just a year ago. The mouse needs food badly....

CariBelle
02-28-2006, 03:27 PM
Is there a kiosk with a person where you pay or is it an ATM like place to pay?

cstephens
02-28-2006, 03:32 PM
Is there a kiosk with a person where you pay or is it an ATM like place to pay?

It's like an ATM kiosk. Each bank or section of lockers is controlled by one machine. You tell it if you want to rent or re-enter a locker, and if you're renting, it'll ask you to insert your payment, then it will tell you your locker number and print out a slip of paper with your locker number and secret code which allows in and out privileges to that locker all day. Be sure to push the blinking light to lock the locker when you're done.

CariBelle
02-28-2006, 03:38 PM
It's like an ATM kiosk. Each bank or section of lockers is controlled by one machine. You tell it if you want to rent or re-enter a locker, and if you're renting, it'll ask you to insert your payment, then it will tell you your locker number and print out a slip of paper with your locker number and secret code which allows in and out privileges to that locker all day. Be sure to push the blinking light to lock the locker when you're done.

Excellent, thank you so much! That's why I love this board so much, I can ask a sily question that is so trivial to someone else, but someone will take the time to explain it in detail :fez: Little things, like knowing what to expect when I rent a locker, is how I keep my sane when I'm trying to plan my day.

Malcon10t
02-28-2006, 03:40 PM
Is there a kiosk with a person where you pay or is it an ATM like place to pay?Its like an ATM spot.

CariBelle
02-28-2006, 03:43 PM

FMTX
03-01-2006, 05:01 AM
I want to reiterate that if you want a big one go early and get right away. When we were there, the park opened at 8am and the large lockers were usually gone by 10. Now with the picnic area one's gone I would think they will go even faster.

CariBelle
03-01-2006, 08:57 AM
I want to reiterate that if you want a big one go early and get right away. When we were there, the park opened at 8am and the large lockers were usually gone by 10. Now with the picnic area one's gone I would think they will go even faster.

We'll probably stop off as soon as we get in the park. I don't want to carry that bag around at all.