PDA

View Full Version : Starting to Panic -- Question [Crowds Mar. 11-17]

Gymgirl975
02-28-2006, 07:17 AM
For you locals......just read an update about the DLR showing the crazy crowds of the past week.

We're flying in from Texas the March 11th and staying until the 17th. This will be my 18 month old's first trip! :D

We'd been that week before and it was slow, but it seems like it will be a busy week this year! Hotels are booked and DL is having fireworks every night of our stay.

Most of the time we go in the summer. We use fastpass and don't mind the crowds too much then. Right now, and over the week we will be there, do you think it will be like a usual summer day, or worse?

With an 18 month old, I don't even want to imagine it being crowded like it was over Christmas. When people say "crowded" I don't really know what they mean because we have always (except once) gone during summer. Do you mean MORE crowded than that?

Shadowcat
02-28-2006, 07:43 AM
I'm wondering if the crowds you're referring to might be people trying to take in PotC before it's long hiatus. *Shrugs* Just a guess on my part. Only thing I can think of.

hlbtimes2
02-28-2006, 07:59 AM
Last week was busy because so many schools were on presidents week/ mid winter break. I'm guessing the next couple weeks, before spring break hits, will be a little quieter.

T-RAT
02-28-2006, 08:01 AM
We will be there that week also, and are a little disappointed that it looks like it is going to be sooo busy! I would hope it won't be as busy as summer crowds, but could be close since the park is open until 11:00pm on the week nights. We plan on making use of early entry and fast pass, doing some of the miscellaneous things we've missed on previous trips, and just enjoying ourselves despite the crowds.
Have fun!

Gymgirl975
02-28-2006, 08:03 AM
Thanks.....I think the week we are going is the first big week of spring break. is that comparable to summer?

T-RAT
02-28-2006, 08:10 AM
I think, since the park is open from 9:00am-11:00pm weekdays instead of the 8:00am-midnight during summer, that they don't expect it to be quite as busy as summer.

Gymgirl975
02-28-2006, 08:36 AM
Thanks!
I was just afraid it would be so crowded I wouldn't be able to find a cranny for my baby to toddle around in. That would be u-g-l-y!

doodlebug
02-28-2006, 12:03 PM
We were just there last week for the President's Day week and the park was only open 9am-8pm during the week but it was packed!! I think it was busier than Disney thought it was going to be because staffing seemed to be lacking.

evrythngwmn
02-28-2006, 12:08 PM
I'm thinking it will be more crowded than years past. The fact that Disneyland has revised the hours for March is a sign of that. I'm not thinking summer crazy but definitely not your normal off season slow day.

JDBlair
02-28-2006, 04:57 PM
We'll be there March 13 - 17th, as well. It sounds like it's going to be busy but I have faith it's going to be okay! We were there right before New Year's in 2000 and they had the Rose Bowl teams at the park. OMG!! I have never seen the park so full and insane. As long as it's not like it was that day, it'll be fine! :-)

DISNEYfied
02-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Also it's important to note that the most of the passports are not blocked out most of the days you're there. Being that it's spring break... you may see a lot of APers... I won't be on break just yet, but I think it's still safe to say I'll be there hahaha. :)

nightdesigns
02-28-2006, 07:07 PM
I'm wondering if the crowds you're referring to might be people trying to take in PotC before it's long hiatus. *Shrugs* Just a guess on my part. Only thing I can think of.

I went sunday evening and it was a walk-on. So I'm thinking no.