PDA

View Full Version : Meeting places?

yankeemom
02-28-2006, 06:12 AM
My family and I are going to DL for the first time in March. We are staying at GCH and will take advantage of EE on Sat (3/11). A friend who lives in So Cal (but hasn't been to DL-go figure lol) wants to meet up with us, as we haven't gotten together since she moved west. What do you experts suggest as a meeting place we could both find? I was thinking the partners statue, but am open to anything you think would be convenient for us to find (and find each other) Thanks!

junglemom
02-28-2006, 06:24 AM
That is probably the most common, it's where we tell our oldest to meet us if we get separated. A really nice spot to wait is to the right of the castle at Snow Whites Gotto. It's so sweet over there, tons of Disney Magic IMO, but that's just me.

stan4d_steph
02-28-2006, 07:06 AM
The hub is another good meeting spot. I would suggest somewhere with benches or seats so that those who arrive first can sit if they wish.

cstephens
02-28-2006, 07:30 AM
We have in the past designated the porch on Main Street as a meeting place.

Niwel
02-28-2006, 08:20 AM
The hub is another good meeting spot. I would suggest somewhere with benches or seats so that those who arrive first can sit if they wish.

Ditto to the hub, just make sure to tell people if you are going to be on the Tomorrowland side or the Adventureland/Frontierland side or facing the castle -- or someone could miss you completely.

WITron
02-28-2006, 08:21 PM
When we went we met up with a friend of mine and his wife at the hub one night and it was really dark, which made it hard too see any recognizable faces. One thing you could do is agree to meet at one of the smaller character statues at the hub.

TowerofTerror
02-28-2006, 10:40 PM
The hub. Well how about you meet at main street train station meet right at the top before you go in.

going2disneyAZ
03-01-2006, 03:58 AM
We used to meet at the hub but with parades and fireworks there are times during the day that makes that area difficult to navigate. Now we meet in out of the way areas like the area between Thunder Mountain and Fantasyland near the petting zoo, picnic grounds. It's rarely crowded back there.