PDA

View Full Version : Brief Trip Report

ferliemom
02-28-2006, 05:54 AM
Hi!
A friend and I went down to DL yesterday. Dland opened at 10. Left Ventura County around 6:45 and arrived about 8:30. In the first row of parking! Yay!
Tons of people in the esplanade area, I guess it was an Early Entry day. It looked like a lot of crowds, but once you got into the park and away from Fantasyland, it wasn't bad. Pretty light, really. We were let into Main Street at 9:30 and did some browsing in the shops.

Rope drops at 10, and we went straight for Space Mtn. Woo Hoo! Line was supposed to be 15 minutes, but we stopped dead for quite some time... whole experience was probably 35 minutes. Longest line of the day. SO fun!

Went over to Fantasyland and the line for Peter Pan was long, so we did Snow White instead.

Watched Billie and the Hillbillies-- those guys are hysterical!

Went on Pirates-- walked right on. My friend played Taps during the ride, and was sure to tell the little kid behind us that the ride would never be the same (I am so joking! :D ). I'm sure it will turn out great. Went to Blue Bayou for the first time right at 11:30 opening-- yum! What a great atmosphere! I had heard mixed reviews on food, but ours was delicious! We both ordered prime rib which was great, side dishes okay, wonderful salad, and the volcano cake was awesome! A once in a while splurge, but totally worth it, and we didn't eat the rest of the day! I was glad we had Priority Seating, most people were being turned away.

Started to drizzle around 12 off an on. Most just donned ponchoes and braved it, like us.

We went to DCA, walked right in. Did Single Riders for Soarin, which only had a 15 minute wait. Single Riders were a walk on. Love that ride!

We went on Monsters Inc. Cute ride, I did enjoy it, but wouldn't wait more than 1o or 15 minutes without kids with us again. We waited about that long. The queue is adorable. I was glad it wasn't raining when we were standing out in the weather though!

Went on Tower of Terror-- ack!! So fun, but sooo scary!!! :eek: My friend's fave. It was pouring by 2:30 or so, so we went into the Animation building, which I love, and checked that out. Saw Turtle Talk for the first time, which was great... really impressive. Wonderful for kids.

Sadly, we had to leave about 4, but that was when the rain really started coming down. Unfortunately, everyone else left then too. Too bad we couldn't stay-- the park really cleared out with the weather. It would have been the perfect time to run around like crazy people and we'd have had it to ourselves. As it was, we had to wait 30 minutes for a tram, and nearly saw a fight when one guy brushed into another accidentally (I'm going to puke if people fight at DL!! :crying: ). Sadly, the day had a horrible ending when our 85 mile drive took us FOUR hours with all the stupid drivers, accidents, break downs and puddley streets. That was absurd!!!!!!! You gotta love LA. :mad:

Overall a fun day!

nvmom
02-28-2006, 07:11 AM
Sounds like a fun day even you got a little soggy! :)

nvmom

iandersen
02-28-2006, 07:21 AM
We leave for DL tomorrow. You have given me hope that it won't be crazy busy. Fingers crossed.

shawnarae
02-28-2006, 07:42 AM
Wish I was there! Rain is so great at Disneyland :) Memories!

Wesley815
02-28-2006, 09:12 AM
As it was, we had to wait 30 minutes for a tramI guess it's cause I don't have kids... but I never understood why people will wait 30+ min for a tram (standing in the pouring rain). It's about a 10 min walk which really isn't *that* bad (probably a couple city blocks total distance) going to Timon, or Mickey & Friends. That's what I do and have done even with family and small children... it always has worked out better and is 100x nicer than almost being in a fight trying to get smashed on a tram.