PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Resort Music

pacdomer
02-27-2006, 04:37 PM
Long time WDW visitors have just returned from a trip to the original or "mother ship". My family had a great time at the DL resort (Magic Kingdom, DCA, Disneyland Hotel & Grand Californian - we wanted to experience it all) and wanted to take home some of the musical magic.

We weren't successful in finding the music while at the resort (mostly due to time constraints) but hoped the MP community could help us - we were looking for the following songs

- Parade of Dreams music
- Full version of the tiki room music
- Song from the end of Golden Dreams

Are these songs available on particular CDs? All help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Burnt Toast
02-27-2006, 07:24 PM
Parade of Dreams is not available anywhere, as of yet.

The Enchanted Tiki Room soundtrack is available on the 6-CD "Music of Disneyland" set.

"Just One Dream", the song played during the ending montage in Golden Dreams is available on the official Disney's California Adventure soundtrack.

Hope that helps!

Gone2Disneyland
02-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Parade of Dreams is not available anywhere, as of yet.

The Enchanted Tiki Room soundtrack is available on the 6-CD "Music of Disneyland" set.

"Just One Dream", the song played during the ending montage in Golden Dreams is available on the official Disney's California Adventure soundtrack.

Hope that helps!
All correct. In addition, I picked up the soundtrack to "The Enchanted Tiki Room" as a single disc with "Jungle Cruise" at the 20th Century Music Store on Main Street. Just mentioning it in case you feel the need to save some money (not that the 6-disc set isn't worth the money...I also own it and feel it's a gold mine of Disneyland gems).

mi_mous
02-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Check this link for Parade of Dreams music. You can't buy it, but at least you can listen to it, and it is good quality. You could probably ask where they got it.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=584 85302 (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=58485302)

geoffa
02-28-2006, 03:19 AM
Check this link for Parade of Dreams music. You can't buy it, but at least you can listen to it, and it is good quality. You could probably ask where they got it.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=584 85302 (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=58485302)

And if you're into the old stuff - Main Street - old rides etc see:

http://1313southharborblvd.com/

Click on the left hand banner:)

Tigertail777
02-28-2006, 05:35 AM
ok I figured if I bought the big expensive multi cd set for the 50th that it would have all the special 50th music on there. Well it didnt have the parade music, and I really want that ( I think its called welcome home?) so is this available on any other park cd's or anything? Its catchy as all get out, and normally I really dont care for parades but this one for the 50th was magical to me and I would like to have the music to remember it by.

Gone2Disneyland
02-28-2006, 07:10 AM
ok I figured if I bought the big expensive multi cd set for the 50th that it would have all the special 50th music on there. Well it didnt have the parade music, and I really want that ( I think its called welcome home?) so is this available on any other park cd's or anything? Its catchy as all get out, and normally I really dont care for parades but this one for the 50th was magical to me and I would like to have the music to remember it by.
The song used in Parade of Dreams is called "Welcome" and was originally in the film "Brother Bear," written and performed by Phil Collins. It was adapted for PoD, so it's a new version that was recorded for the parade. This version has yet to be released on CD; folks have speculated the delay has to do with licensing fees. Another cover version by Jump (I think that's the group's name) is the first track on the CD "DisneyMania 2." I don't have it but have listened to it and it's closer to the PoD version than the slower "Brother Bear" version. But I think that's it that's currently available (legally) on CD.

Tigertail777
02-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Thanks, good to know I am not the only one searching. I didnt realize it was in Brother Bear, I hope there isnt a long time to wait because of that. I really enjoyed this music a lot, especially the Alice unit part. I was very dissappointed it wasnt on the boxed set.

pacdomer
02-28-2006, 08:27 PM
Thanks everyone for the information. I guess that I will be calling DelivEARS to have these CDs sent to me (and waiting for the Parade music to be released - love Walt's speech mixed in with the song!).

Gone2Disneyland: Is there a specific title to the single disc version that you purchased at the 20th Century Music Store on Main Street?

Thanks again everyone, your help is appreciated.

Gone2Disneyland
02-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Gone2Disneyland: Is there a specific title to the single disc version that you purchased at the 20th Century Music Store on Main Street?

The CD cover reads "Walt Disney's The Enchanted Tiki Room from Disneyland." At the bottom of the cover, it also says "The Original Sound Track of the Tiki Room and the Adventurours Jungle Cruise." It's a CD edition of a record originally released on Walt Disney Records in the 60's (the cover is the original album cover art). A sweet bonus is the fact that Thurl Ravenscroft (voice of Tony the Tiger, Fritz from the Tiki Room, and one of the Haunted Mansion singing graveyard busts) is your "skipper and guide" (i.e., narrator) on the Jungle Cruise portion that runs about fifteen minutes. I think the CD is $19.99, like most of the CDs in that store.