PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach Airport to Disneyland... Help

VilliageHausGal
02-27-2006, 03:54 PM
So I'll be landing in Long Beach this weekend for my Disneyland trip. Does anyone have any ground transportation tips? I know SNA and LAX both have Disneyland rates but I don't know too much about LGB.

AirForceGoofy
02-27-2006, 05:27 PM
So I'll be landing in Long Beach this weekend for my Disneyland trip. Does anyone have any ground transportation tips? I know SNA and LAX both have Disneyland rates but I don't know too much about LGB.
LGB is a great airport to fly into. I know they have taxis and airport shuttle but i don't think they have a direct shuttle to DLR. It is a fairly small airport. I grew up about 10 minutes from there.:fez:

Darkbeer
02-27-2006, 05:32 PM
A flat rate from Long Beach to the DLR is $36 plus tip for a taxi.

I would go for the taxi, or look for a low priced rental car (Hotwir, Priceline or discount codes).

JookyG
02-27-2006, 07:56 PM
No AirportBus from LGB, but the taxi is great! My 3 friends and I took it in December, and it took about 30 minutes (compared to an hour from LAX by AirportBus). Waaaay cheaper than each of us paying for a seat on a shuttle bus.

Be careful when you ask your hotel to call a return taxi. We didn't specify which taxi company, and the hotel called us a van that was about $45. I'm guessing it was a friend of the hotel, or the hotel gets a kickback, since it wasn't a branded cab--it was just a guy with a van. Great service, but more expensive. I'd recommend remembering the name of the taxi company you took from the airport to DLR, and ask specifically for that same company on the way back, or ask the driver for a card. I don't know if they offer fixed rates for the return trip, but it's worth asking.

Duchess mermaid
02-28-2006, 01:12 PM
Is there normally cabs waiting or should I make advance arrangements for a cab?

rentayenta
02-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Is there normally cabs waiting or should I make advance arrangements for a cab?

You don't need reservations- they are just lined up.

Everett Buzz
02-28-2006, 01:44 PM
We are landing at LGB on friday morning and are staying for 6 nights so I got a car from Enterprise for $128 total for the week and they have a counter at the airport.

maryjeane
02-28-2006, 06:39 PM
Thanks Darkbeer!

I went to Hotwire, checked "hot deals" and with a rate code (AD14) and coupon code (D60C ) from mousesavers.com got a car for $10/day for this weekend!! Thanks!!

VilliageHausGal
03-01-2006, 02:05 PM
Thanks Darkbeer!

I went to Hotwire, checked "hot deals" and with a rate code (AD14) and coupon code (D60C ) from mousesavers.com got a car for $10/day for this weekend!! Thanks!!
Which car company did you use?

hlbtimes2
03-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Which car company did you use?

Those codes appear to be Alamo codes.

Does anyone know the best route to take from the (LGB) airport? I did a mapquest, it says to get on 405 (I think that is the freeway), but I read a post once that you can just get on Ball Rd and go straight. It will be about 10pm, on a Thursday night. I can get a great rate on a car from Alamo ($15 a day for 3 days, plus tax), so it would be less then a cab. Dh thinks we should take the cab just because it seems easier. Opinions? Route recomendations for people that don't know the area?

annieb727
03-01-2006, 03:01 PM
Thanks Darkbeer!

where did you find this? i went to hotwire.com and couldn't find any "hot deals" area nor could I find a place to enter rate or coupon codes...

DangerMouse
03-01-2006, 03:16 PM
We just took a cab to and from LGB this week. It was $40 including tip each way. Kinda pricey, but I wasn't about to try to drive myself with my 6 year old son. I hate CA freeways. If my dh was with me, we would have rented a car. He's the driver, I'm the navigator.

If you think you and your dh can find a good route, I'd go with getting a rental car. You'll save a lot of money.

maryjeane
03-01-2006, 04:12 PM
So sorry - go to www.alamo.com and click on the "hot deals" tab at the top, then on the left click on "Last minute specials". They will be listed by airport. For LGB the compact lists for $14.95/day. But as you place your reservation there will be a place for rate code - use AD14 and then a box for coupon code - use the D60C code. That should get it down to $10/day. Did for me, anyway. Good luck!!

maryjeane
03-01-2006, 05:08 PM
So sorry - go to www.alamo.com and click on the "hot deals" tab at the top, then on the left click on "Last minute specials". They will be listed by airport. For LGB the compact lists for $14.95/day. But as you place your reservation there will be a place for rate code - use AD14 and then a box for coupon code - use the D60C code. That should get it down to $10/day. Did for me, anyway. Good luck!!