PDA

View Full Version : Anything we should just skip?

Pages : [1] 2 3

bekky
02-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Ok - so say a TON of people show up this week ... are there any rides or shows that you would just not bother with if there wasnt a lot of time ??

ie: we just happened to be there on the opening day of bugs land & we waited over an hour for the chew chew train OMGosh - soooo not worth the wait for that - ok , fine if there are no lines just to smell the cotton candy ;) but nothing we would choose to stand in line for again !

Im figuring - 3 days is going to FLY BY ... so if we cant do EVERYTHING - in your opinions what should we bypass ???

JDBlair
02-27-2006, 03:16 PM
I may get slaughtered after saying this but I have never enjoyed Indiana Jones. The ride is always a long line. The first time I rode it, my back hurt after and the 2nd time,I still didn't see what was so great about it. Just my opinion!

Niwel
02-27-2006, 03:27 PM
Dumbo/Astro Orbitor -- nice views, but the time to load/unload is so long.
Star Tours -- Still the same film, so if you don't mind missing it, go for something else. :)

minniemom
02-27-2006, 04:13 PM
Ok I don't want to turn this into a "I hate" thread, but I thought Innoventions was such a waste of time.

rentayenta
02-27-2006, 04:20 PM
I would skip:

Innoventions

That's all I can think of.

MammaSilva
02-27-2006, 04:22 PM
Innoventions if you need to 'skip'

followed by HISTA

Astro obitors or dumbo.... no contest, skip AO and ride the Golden dumbo!

and this might get rocks thrown but if you're running low on time, Tom Sawyers Island is a 'low priority' for us.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-27-2006, 04:26 PM
The only thing we do not do each trip is Innoventions.
But if I HAD to skip one ride/attraction in each land, here is what I would chose:
Astro Orbitor in Tomorrowland
Snow White in Fantasyland
Gadget's Go Coaster in ToonTown
Tarzan's Treehouse in Adventureland
Pooh in Critter Country
Haunted Mansion in New Orleans Square

Sub Maniak
02-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Sorry! I accidentily repeated my message below!

Sub Maniak
02-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Don't Ride
(Waste of time of long quite line! Not worth it)
Tomorowland-Innoventions
Fantasyland-Dumbo, Casey JR., Pinochio
New Orleans Square-None:) :) :)
Criiter Country-If you don't have the time skip POOH!, Skip The canoes!
Adventureland-Tarzan's Treehouse
Toontown-Don't have the time? Don't Go!
Frontierland-Don't waste all your time on the riverboats.

RIDE!!:D :D :fez:

Fantasyland-Matterhorn
Tomorowland-Space Mountain, Autopia
New Orleans Square- Haunted Mansion, Pirates (RIP:crying: )
Frontierland-Splash(Critter C.), Big Thunder
Adventureland-Indy and Tiki;)
(Just don't anger the gods!;) )

Note: These lists are in my opinion of thrilling and very fun!
Some though may not be E-Tickets though.

Just remember all the rides are good here!

bekky
02-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Innoventions if you need to 'skip'

followed by HISTA

Astro obitors or dumbo.... no contest, skip AO and ride the Golden dumbo!

and this might get rocks thrown but if you're running low on time, Tom Sawyers Island is a 'low priority' for us.

What is HISTA ?

Sub Maniak
02-27-2006, 04:37 PM
:eek: :eek: Honey...I shrunk the Audience!!:eek: :eek:

MammaSilva
02-27-2006, 04:37 PM
HISTA= Honey I shrunk the audience.....a 3D film that is cute if your there for an extended time, but a easy miss if you're short on time.

olegc
02-27-2006, 04:47 PM
actually - it's really up to you and what you like to do... Since Disneyland is not like other theme parks - there are different things for people. Who knows - you may want to watch Billy Hill or Dapper Dans - or the Side Street Bachelors or Bayou Brass. Or that parade.

I totally agree with some of the attractions that are more like displays or movies- innoventions, HISTA, etc.

Things like Astro Orbiter and Dumbo have very long load times - as does Peter Pan.
Don't forget to use fastpass - especially for things like Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, and Splash mouintain. Then, if you're waiting, you can do some of the things like Tarzan's treehouse, Mark Twain, Columbia, or vehicles on main street.

What you really need to do - plan some time to site and take it in. Just 20 minutes a couple of times in the day (one day, one night). otherwise your marathon. Also - go to the website (or on mouseplanet) and examine land guides to understand what is available, what has fastpass, etc.

bekky
02-27-2006, 04:54 PM
HISTA= Honey I shrunk the audience.....a 3D film that is cute if your there for an extended time, but a easy miss if you're short on time.

AHH YES , weve seen that one - the mice tails under the feet get me every time !! (is that the same one ?)

you may want to watch Billy Hill or Dapper Dans - or the Side Street Bachelors or Bayou Brass. Or that parade.

We do like to take in the small things ... & we'll especially be on the lookout for the Dapper Dans now that Ive read they are leaving !

Things like Astro Orbiter and Dumbo have very long load times - as does Peter Pan.

Does it seem like the Peter Pan ride goes a lot faster now than it did years ago ?? ... maybe its because we were there on a crowded day - but our ship was jamming !!
I remember it going slower and being able to look at everything at a bit more leisure before

josephfive
02-27-2006, 06:20 PM
You could get RideMax and then you could do everything you wanted to do, plus more! Don't worry, you are going to have a great time no matter what you go on or don't go on!!!

jdee
02-27-2006, 07:27 PM
Innovations does have the Asimo demo, that I found to be amazing. In few more years and we all will want one of those little guys to help around the house. I hope they can be programed to clean bathrooms.

momuvseven
02-27-2006, 07:29 PM
I personally hate HISTA and the Bug's Life 3D movie BUT my kids love all the stuff mentioned and the above mentioned movies. I say go with the flow and enjoy yourself. I think everything at DL and DCA is worth seeing. We don't usually wait in lines for anything but as the lines ebb and flow through the day we just jump in the shortest ones.

momuvseven

ktrm
02-27-2006, 07:34 PM
I think I'm going to try to skip Tom Sawyer's Island if the kids don't give me too hard of a time. Last time the kids got hot, grumpy and bloody from jumping off all the rocks and stuff. They had a great time but afterward they were really a handful and they just wanted to go to the hotel, nap and swim in the pool. I like the wildnerness area in DCA better. The kids get their energy out but they leave the area in better spirits and ready to do more rides.

Phantom2006
02-28-2006, 12:04 AM
Disneyland: Star Tours, Innoventions, Tom Sawyer's Island, Pooh, Its a Small World, Peter Pan.

Disney's California Adventure: I am going to get killed for this but Monsters, Inc. Its really not that fun and it sometimes has a really long line.

hlbtimes2
02-28-2006, 08:02 AM
Skip the sunwheel in DCA. Load times are super long. When we rode it in Oct we went around twice. Once while it was loading, so it would move a little, then stop to load, move a little more, etc. Then we went one full trip around and got off. Totally not worth the 40 min. wait in line.

Crazy4DL
02-28-2006, 08:13 AM
Skip the sunwheel in DCA. Load times are super long. When we rode it in Oct we went around twice. Once while it was loading, so it would move a little, then stop to load, move a little more, etc. Then we went one full trip around and got off. Totally not worth the 40 min. wait in line.

Or if you want to do it do the stationary ones as that line is WAY shorter. My oldest son and I refuse to go on the swinging ones so we end up getting to ride several times while the rest of the family waits to ride the swinging ones once.

mad4mky
02-28-2006, 08:17 AM
Skip the CANOES!

Unless you want a workout!;)

bekky
02-28-2006, 08:26 AM
Skip the CANOES!

Unless you want a workout!;)

WELL - we are having lunch at Blue Bayou one day & from what I hear about their monte cristos & fried cheescakes ... we may NEED to go on the canoes AT LEAST a couple of times after lunch :p !!!

02-28-2006, 08:30 AM
WELL - we are having lunch at Blue Bayou one day & from what I hear about their monte cristos & fried cheescakes ...

Okay, you should skip the monte cristo. :p

rentayenta
02-28-2006, 08:32 AM
Disneyland: Star Tours, Innoventions, Tom Sawyer's Island, Pooh, Its a Small World, Peter Pan.

Disney's California Adventure: I am going to get killed for this but Monsters, Inc. Its really not that fun and it sometimes has a really long line.

Bold is mine. :eek: