PDA

View Full Version : What is an enhanced fastpass?

LibertyCall
02-27-2006, 01:49 PM
This is something you get through AAA? What if I already made my reservations (just called in-house reservations for HoJos and Disney for the GCH)? Can I call back and "re-book" through AAA?

going2disneyAZ
02-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Enhanced fastpass lets you hold a fastpass for each attatraction on the fastpass system at the same time.

You get it by booking an on property hotel and parkhoppers (min. two nites I believe) through AAA. You can get fastpasses with more days than your hotel stay. So if you are booking two different hotels get parkhoppers that will carry you through your entire trip and they will be enhanced fastpass enabled for the entire length of the parkhopper.

If you have made reservations I believe you need to cancel (penalty?) and rebook with AAA.

Burnt Toast
02-27-2006, 02:06 PM
Before a moderator says it, cuz I know they will... there's plenty of threads about enhanced fastpasses. Using the Search function is your friend. :rolleyes: /snicker

Agree with the first reply though, I believe this is only offered through an AAA travel package.

barely
02-27-2006, 02:17 PM
Is the AAA Enhanced Fastpass available only to those who stay at the Disney on property hotels?

going2disneyAZ
02-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Is the AAA Enhanced Fastpass available only to those who stay at the Disney on property hotels?

Yes. Must stay on property (PPH, DLH, GCH) and book as a package through AAA. It is a GREAT benefit though during busy times!

Pat-n-Eil
02-27-2006, 02:58 PM

Yes. It used to be different, but now you must be in a Disney property with a minimum 2 night stay.

FMTX
02-27-2006, 03:39 PM
We are looking at booking Thanksgiving week 2006 through AAA at Disney Hotel. So based on how it is today we will get early entry every day they offer early entry during our stay and not just one early entry that comes with the park hopper ticket and will get Enhanced fastpass? What are the chances of this limitless early entry and the Enhanced fastpass being taken away prior to our trip? Are they unwritten/unofficial or are they locked into the reservation when I book it?

kkmickey
02-27-2006, 05:12 PM
To my understanding, enhanced Fastpass is a AAA staple - if you stay at a Disney property. I have been quite a few times in the past couple of years, with and without enhanced fastpass, and I would not go without if I had the choice.

Regarding early entry to Hotel guests, that is an 'unwritten' rule, which means it depends on who you talk to, and it probably also means it could change at management's whim.

One thought - if you want to go during Thanksgiving, and want to see the Christmas decorations, you might consider doing what we did this past year. We went the weekend BEFORE Thanksgiving, and it was great! The decorations were up, and the crowds were pretty light. The weekend before and the weekend after were especially crowded. We had a great time!

FMTX
02-28-2006, 04:54 AM
Thanks kkmickey. We actually were there last year the Saturday-Wednesday before Thanksgiving also and it was great. We tagged along with other family who go several times a years to the park, so I can't say I was smart enough to think to go than. This year though we were thinking of staying until Saturday of that week, but I was thinking that would only be worth it if we got early entry more than once and enhanced fastpass.

annieb727
02-28-2006, 05:08 AM
so i remember someone saying something about the enchanted fast passes - that if you upgrade them to annual passes, you can get the enchanted fast pass option put onto it?? is that true?

Darkbeer
02-28-2006, 07:39 AM
so i remember someone saying something about the enchanted fast passes - that if you upgrade them to annual passes, you can get the enchanted fast pass option put onto it?? is that true?

Someone posted that Disney can transfer the enhanced FP to an Annual Pass, BUT only for the first few days, if you had a 5 day ParkHopper, the enhanced FP would work for the first five days ONLY, then would work like any other regular ParkHopper/AP.

But I am not even sure that Disney can do that, so I would wait until your last day to upgrade, or ask BEFORE you upgrade to see if they can do it.

LibertyCall
02-28-2006, 07:39 AM
Ok, now I need to know what an enchanted pastpass is!

stan4d_steph
02-28-2006, 07:43 AM
Ok, now I need to know what an enchanted pastpass is!There is no such thing. It's the Enhanced Fastpass.

LibertyCall
02-28-2006, 07:46 AM
Darn, now I really want an enchanted one.:p