PDA

View Full Version : Just got a call from Disney Dining [Carnation Cafe Refurb]

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-27-2006, 09:18 AM
Apparently the Carnation Cafe is going to be closed for refurbishment on March 3rd, when we have our lunch reservations. I am on hold now, to try to change it. I was going to move it to later in the day anyway. So I think I may just move it to Wednesday, if it is open then. I will an update when I have one.

**UPDATE**
Apparently the refurbishment started yesterday and is going until March 20th. Hmm, wonder why that happened so sudden. Anyone know?
I won't worry about our meal that day then. We can just eat Pizza Port, or something fun like that. O

hlbtimes2
02-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Oh dang it! I was hoping to get the kids the peanut butter sandwich paints pallets for lunch one day. Guess we'll have to find something else.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-27-2006, 11:58 AM
Oh dang it! I was hoping to get the kids the peanut butter sandwich paints pallets for lunch one day. Guess we'll have to find something else.

Yeah I am bummed too. I just found out about those, been to DLR many times and never eaten there. Something to save for December when I have my 2yo with me too.

CariBelle
02-27-2006, 12:00 PM
This is off topic, but those painter's pallete PB & Js are super easy to make at home, my friend and I make them for her kids all the time. Still not the same as doing it at Disneyland though lol

hlbtimes2
02-27-2006, 12:25 PM
This is off topic, but those painter's pallete PB & Js are super easy to make at home, my friend and I make them for her kids all the time. Still not the same as doing it at Disneyland though lol

Yeah, just not the same at all. Actually, I really wanted it as an option because the kids can only eat chicken nuggets at so many meals. I thought it would be a nice change.

minniemom
02-27-2006, 04:16 PM
It is weird that the Carnation and BB will be closed at the same time. What other table service is there "inside" the park?

hlbtimes2
02-27-2006, 05:35 PM
None in DL, only in DCA.

maryjeane
02-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Yes, I got called today too. She said they got no warning - just were told this morning to cancel 3 weeks worth of reservations.

It wasn't on the DL calender or even in the Mouse Planet update either.

I'm really bummed because we were supposed to eat there in Nov. and didn't. After this weekend we probably won't go again for 5 years.

nmjohnston874
02-27-2006, 10:47 PM
Darn! We're arriving Thursday afternoon and already have res. for BB that night. I wanted to wish Oscara happy retirement.

annieb727
02-28-2006, 04:17 AM
:crying: that makes me very sad too -- i was planning to have their potato soup a couple of times!! :crying:

carnation cafe and blue bayou are my favorites!! i was going to call to day to make priority seating reservations for carnation!:crying: