PDA

View Full Version : Medieval Times, is it worth it?

Pages : [1] 2

Hakuna Makarla
02-26-2006, 09:32 PM
I would like to suprise my Rachal with something out of the ordinary, I wanted to know if this was fun, and if you think a girl of 11 will like this. I am new to all this so if you all can think of something she might like better please speak up. I see they have coupons for now, but I wonder if they have coupons for april? any info would be great thank you much

potzbie
02-26-2006, 10:18 PM
Beware.
The coordinators will probably move your posting to the PARKS GENERAL thread, where discussions of UNIVERSAL and KNOTT'S and MAGIC MTN and LEGOLAND and RIPLEY'S (etc.) are.

(I have not been to Medieval Times.)

"Please remain seated until your post comes to a full-and-complete stop."
:|

mw9955
02-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Hello! My 5 year old daughter and our family totally loved it! We were a bit nervous about it, but it was fun. If you go, get there early... the earlier - the better seat, and you can take part in all the pre show activities. You can see the horses behind plexiglass. Food was good too! We are definitely going again as soon as we can. The show had a fun storyline and we were total nerds cheering for our knight. Don't go overboard buying all the souvenirs, we haven't taken a second look at them since.. If you pay for the best seat (forgot what its called) you get the DVD, flag to wave and a booklet to take home. Fun!

ralfrick
02-27-2006, 07:53 AM
We went a few years back since the boy is a sword freak. We got our money's worth, and the food was decent. It's not really my scene, but the skill of the performers is undeniable; it can't just be any old schmuck doing that stuff. They will suggest being there early. The reason is so they can try to sell you premium seating, sell you photos, sell you stuff from the gift shop, you get the idea.

Cheers.

mad4mky
02-27-2006, 09:31 AM
I just went there with my youngest daughter in October to celebrate her 15th birthday.:)

We had soooo much fun! It was a blast. I thought it would just be jousting, but it is a whole long show, with a great storyline and all. Sorry to say, our knight didn't win though:crying: .
But, it was a blast.:D

And the food was surprisingly very, very good. We want to take my daughter with Down syndrome there, because we know she will just LOVE it there!:)

One great thing, is that you can view the horses that they use right there in the waiting area. So cool, and such pretty animals.
The whole thing is pricey though...so bring some $$.
We even decided to go through the medeival torture museum (its cheap...but it all adds up!)...and it was quite interesting.

It's a fun night for all though.:D

Hakuna Makarla
02-27-2006, 09:37 AM
Wow good reports here, I think if we can swingthis its a go! I was worried, bout the horse smell and well I am somewhat of a clean freak and was worried about the dust and smell coming off the horses in the arena, do you smell any of this? I have such an aversion to smells that I have been put off on going here, but if you say there is no bad horse smell and there is no bad dust and such in the air well it will be a good thing to do :)

mad4mky
02-27-2006, 09:40 AM
Wow good reports here, I think if we can swingthis its a go! I was worried, bout the horse smell and well I am somewhat of a clean freak and was worried about the dust and smell coming off the horses in the arena, do you smell any of this? I have such an aversion to smells that I have been put off on going here, but if you say there is no bad horse smell and there is no bad dust and such in the air well it will be a good thing to do :)

I never smelled a 'horse' smell there...and I grew up in the country around horses.
The horses that you can view are behind glass...you can't go up and touch them at all.
And, while the horses are in the arena area, you are set up higher in the seats...and they do have a guard/mesh there in case of 'fly aways'.

The thing is, the men really fight using REAL swords (I mean it's choreographed and all...lest someone loose an arm...or head!:eek: ). You can see the sparks flying off of the swords when they hit. These guys are really, really in shape to do this every night...:D

Crazy4DL
02-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Karla, totally worth it, imo :)

You do get a tiny bit of the horse smells - sit farther up and that will help. I am a freak about smells too and it totally did not bother me.

I think you two will love it!

I agree, M4M, the food was amazingly good.

Crazy4DL
02-27-2006, 09:44 AM
. These guys are really, really in shape to do this every night...:D

Oy yeah! forgot to mention the cute knights! :~D ;)

Hakuna Makarla
02-27-2006, 09:57 AM
oh well if there is cute nights that clenches it!! I will tell you how it went when we get back ok :)

Forbin
02-27-2006, 10:15 AM
I go there every couple of years and it was great

Osky
02-27-2006, 10:22 AM
I have been there a few times, and I would say go. I think you will enjoy it.

Bolivar
02-27-2006, 10:27 AM
Any time I hear mention of Medieval times, I picture Jim Carry and Matthew Broderick fighting to the Star Trek music a la the Kirk/Spock fight on that show. If you haven't seen The Cable Guy, you won't know what I'm talking about, it is a funny scene from a funny and under-appreciated movie.

Hakuna Makarla
02-27-2006, 10:28 AM
Any time I hear mention of Medieval times, I picture Jim Carry and Matthew Broderick fighting to the Star Trek music a la the Kirk/Spock fight on that show. If you haven't seen The Cable Guy, you won't know what I'm talking about, it is a funny scene from a funny and under-appreciated movie.

that scene was hilariuos. I forgot about them going there. The cable guy, a classic !!

Osky
02-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Chip Douglas: Come on Stevie, time to leavey, It's the fun bus man!

Gramiangel420
02-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Go and enjoy. My DGD loved it when we first went and she was only 4. We have been since and she loves the show. She is a picky eater so she didn't care for the food, but I found it tasty. Have fun!:D

going2disneyAZ
02-27-2006, 11:42 AM
This board got me excited to check it out.....but OMG the price for a family of four is pretty steep. I'd rather add a day or two to my park hoppers.

tod
02-27-2006, 11:46 AM
This board got me excited to check it out.....but OMG the price for a family of four is pretty steep.

I believe that includes dinner, which could make a difference in your daily budget. You may want to check.

--t

crazi4dlr
02-27-2006, 11:57 AM
oh well if there is cute nights that clenches it!! I will tell you how it went when we get back ok :)
The one that got me and my 22 year old daughter was the narrator :D He was absolutely beautiful and we got a picture with him after the show. Can't load it on here because it wasn't digital :eek: and I am totally techno challenged.

The food is great the show is great and as sensitive as my nose is, I didn't smell anything although we were in the row right above the first platform.

ghoofie
02-27-2006, 12:32 PM

If you're a 'clean freak' just beware you eat the meal with your hands. No silverware. But all of the food is no problem by hand. It's quite fun and expensive. We do it every 4 or 5 years.

Hakuna Makarla
02-27-2006, 12:52 PM
you know I was looking at eating at one of the nicer spots in disneyland Hooks point, etc. I though, I would rather have a meal and a show then pay there prices and then leave. People pay high prices to eat there why not have fun while doing it; Guess I think there should be some thing to show for the cost .but This sounds so fun, I have added it to my itinerary. we will be at knotts on wednesday, so after knotts its jousting with the hunkies :) Oh and I put a fork in my back pak LOL! wonder if I can get it on the plane?

Bolivar
02-27-2006, 03:48 PM
If you're a 'clean freak' just beware you eat the meal with your hands. No silverware. But all of the food is no problem by hand. It's quite fun and expensive. We do it every 4 or 5 years.
Which reminds me of another quote from the movie, The Cable Guy: Matthew Broderick complains about there being no utensils and Janeane Garofalo who plays the surly waitress says in a deadpan, "There were no utensils in medieval times, thus, there are no utensils AT Medeival Times. Would you like a refill on that Pepsi?"

silence
02-27-2006, 07:50 PM
we had a blast in december. we had a party of 12. the only thing i would recommend, is if you have a 2 y/o, buy them a seat. my dd was such a pill to control in our laps trying to eat and enjoy the show. i hear they have a new pirates show close by now too? i think we saw the building. it's not something we will do every trip, but we'll do it again eventually.

cstephens
02-28-2006, 12:19 AM
you know I was looking at eating at one of the nicer spots in disneyland Hooks point, etc. I though, I would rather have a meal and a show then pay there prices and then leave.

Different strokes. For the exact same amount of money, I'd much rather have a nice dinner at Hook's Pointe than to go to Medieval Times. It's been many years since I've been there, and I only went twice. The first time, I was decidedly not impressed, with the food or the service. The horses were fun, but having stuff kicked up while I'm eating is not my idea of a good time. The only reason I went back the second time was because a friend really wanted to go, so I took him for his birthday. I'm not sure I could be dragged to go again now.

mad4mky
02-28-2006, 08:44 AM
Different strokes. For the exact same amount of money, I'd much rather have a nice dinner at Hook's Pointe than to go to Medieval Times. It's been many years since I've been there, and I only went twice. The first time, I was decidedly not impressed, with the food or the service. The horses were fun, but having stuff kicked up while I'm eating is not my idea of a good time. The only reason I went back the second time was because a friend really wanted to go, so I took him for his birthday. I'm not sure I could be dragged to go again now.

But see...if you have never been...it's a fun experience. Especially if you have kids with you.
I went for my first time back in October with my youngest daughter...and it was fun...but I personally am not craving to go back.
But, I will...just so my two other daughters get the chance to experience it.:)
After all...you can always go to a steakhouse on Disney property when you are down visiting the resort. :)
But for a fun first time experience, especially for kids, Medieval Times is a lot of fun.:)