PDA

View Full Version : Aladdin Show

Susan L
02-26-2006, 04:36 PM
Does anyone know how you get the upper seating at the Aladdin show? Does it cost extra?

derraj25
02-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Does anyone know how you get the upper seating at the Aladdin show? Does it cost extra?

Last time we were there, there were three lines...orchestra, mezzanine and balcony. We choose the balcony. After seeing it from all three perspectives, I would recommend the mezzanine. Just high enough to see the entire show... not too close and not too high.

--derraj

Darkbeer
02-26-2006, 06:09 PM
There is no charge (fee) for any level... It is included in your parks admission.

A lot of the time, they do not open the upper level (balcony), and I recommend the middle level anyways (mezzanine).

JDBlair
02-26-2006, 06:26 PM
We have "preferred seating" coupons for this show. Does anyone know where they seat you for that?

derraj25
02-26-2006, 06:30 PM
When we had prefered seating...we were seated first, and sat in orchestra. Very nice view, but we prefered mezzanene.

--derraj

JDBlair
02-26-2006, 06:36 PM
I'll have a 2 year old with me. If we're seated first, where should we sit?

derraj25
02-26-2006, 06:47 PM
Everyone has their own preferences, but when we sat in orchestra (right in front of the stage) with our then 3yo twin girls, it was a little overwhelming for them. Our personal preference is mezaneene. Not too high, and not too far from the stage. If your child gets overwhelmed easily request the back row of the orchestra, or front row of mezaneene.

Just my opinon. Have a great time. We will be there the week of April 2

--derraj

truesally
02-26-2006, 08:01 PM
Our preferred seating area was the section behind orchestra - so we weren't too close to the action, and the amazing procession came right in front of us. I thought it was a great place to watch the show. Last fall, we didn't have preferred seats and sat in the balcony area. It was pretty far up - not bad, and we could see the flying carpet better than before. You will get out of the building faster if you sit lower...
Regardless - do not miss this show. It is a great production - beautiful costumes, timely comedic elements, Broadway-quality singing.

Hakuna Makarla
02-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Rachal my daughter put us on scedule for Saturday to see this show, whats the best time to go see it? we also have prefered seating.

potzbie
02-26-2006, 10:29 PM
In my opinion, there are three good spots.

3.) The upper level allows you to see the MAGIC CARPET ride (not the Steppenwolf rock and roll signature song) up close and personal.

2.) the lower level farther than the orchestra (is this called "mezzanine"?) seating allows you to see the "parade" of "Prince Ali" right in front of you.

1.) The orchesta aisle seats (must be aisle seats!) allow you to the "parade" of "Prince Ali" up close and to see the faces of the actors so much better. (The genie blue faces, i.e., the masks, in particular.)

I lean toward orchestra, first row, front and center, for the best generic view.
All the action is in front of you, and no aisle (the parade of Prince Ali) is farther than, say, 15 seats from you.
If you sit on one aisle, the other aisle, of course, is farther away, for the sake of the "parade."

geoffa
02-27-2006, 07:16 AM
There is no charge for any seating area. You just get in the relevant line!:)
As potzbie says there are certain places to be for different bits of action. By the way you can video the whole show but

1) No lights
2) Be considerate of others around you:)

Susan L
02-27-2006, 08:45 AM
There is no charge for any seating area. You just get in the relevant line!:)

Ah but, finding where the relevant line starts is what I need to know. All of us in the back of the theatre were seated in the Orchestra seating. Others who got to go to the upper levels were in line on the side of the theatre. There is no clear direction on where to stand in line for which level. Even though there were signs stating each level in the back, everyone there was seated in the Orchestra seating.

blewellen
02-27-2006, 09:14 AM
The last few times I have seen Aladdin, they first seat the Orchestra section. Then the last few minutes before showtime they seat the Mezzanine area. I love watching Aladdin from the Mezzanine section. There is 3 rows labeled for each section. They will have the entrance roped off if they aren't seating that section.

Sub Maniak
02-27-2006, 12:07 PM
There is a way you can get priority seating with the Vacation Packages!:cool:

Duchess mermaid
02-27-2006, 02:00 PM
I can't wait to see this show. My husband and I's first dance was to "A whole new world" at our wedding. I'll probably start crying during the carpet ride. I think I want to sit in the balcony to be up close to that song.