PDA

View Full Version : Braving it tomorrow [February 27, 2006]?

ferliemom
02-26-2006, 11:15 AM
Hi,

So is anyone else going to try to brave the rain tomorrow? They're talking about a major storm! Still, I think we're going to go before these APs expire :eek: and POTC closes for a while...

Hope it's not too yucky!

DaddyB
02-27-2006, 01:18 PM
What most Southern Californians call a 'major storm'... OOH! Get out the Doppler Radar 6000 for that storm cell tracking!!! OOH! OOH! "Sprinkles over Anaheim! This winter storm is being tracked to Garden Grove!"
psh.

Seriouslt, I hope you had a good day and the 30 minutes of rain didn't spoil your time.

I hope the threat of a major shower kept away the crowds for ya!

CariBelle
02-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Storm Watch '06!

mi_mous
02-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Hope you have lighter crowds than it was yesterday too! (It should be with the rain though.)

Have fun!! (I miss it already and we were there yesterday!)

nvmom
02-27-2006, 02:18 PM
Let us know how your rainy Disney day goes... I'm curious.

nvmom

raych30
02-27-2006, 02:22 PM
I love DL in the rain. I'm thinking of letting the rugrats skip school and head down there tomorrow. Hooray for braving the rain!!:)

DaddyB
02-27-2006, 04:36 PM
Figures that after I go off on a rant we'd actually get a nice little rain shower. It rained for about 1/2 an hour around noon, and then it looked like it was going to clear up... now it's raining again.

Not enough to warrant doppler radar nonesense, but still enough to make Disneyland less enjoyable (and cold!).

josephfive
02-27-2006, 06:40 PM
I wouldn't worry so much about the rain, as the wind. Go first thing. It didn't rain until late in the day, maybe the same tomorrow.

Best wishes!

TowerofTerror
02-27-2006, 08:38 PM
I think it will be okay well if you meant today the weather was okay except the rain came in the afternoon . The weather for February 28th will be like today maybe even worse.

Wesley815
02-27-2006, 09:09 PM
Rain does not keep the crowds away, it just means longer lines for indoor attractions and crowded stores. Remember just because *you* think "let's go to DL since it's raining!!!", tens of thousands of other people have the same idea.

Shocking, I know. :rolleyes:

nvmom
03-01-2006, 05:53 AM
Wasn't yesterday supposed to be the big rain day?
Did anything come of that?

nvmom

DangerMouse
03-01-2006, 06:06 AM
I was there Monday and Tuesday. Monday afternoon it started raining about noon, a few showers on and off. Then around 2 or 3, it started really coming down and didn't let up until 7 am Tuesday morning.

By the time we were walking to the park at 8:15 am on Tuesday the skies were dry, and it never rained at all on Tuesday. It even got WARM! I wore a tank top and went on Splash over and over because it was a WALK ON! :)

ferliemom
03-01-2006, 06:07 AM
Hi,
Okay all, thanks for making fun of me! :p
Yes, we did go on Monday, and I posted a "Brief Trip Report" here somewhere.

Basically crowds were pretty light. We arrived for opening time. Longest line was for Space Mtn right off the bat. No sprinkles really until about noon, and then they were just that--sprinkles.

We went over to DCA and it started raining in earnest about 2. By 3 it truly was pouring, I don't care where you're from, or what horrific weather you had to walk uphill to school in. ;) Unforunately, my friend was driving and had to leave about 4, which was when everyone else decided that they didn't want to stand in the pouring rain either. People were streaming out of the 2 parks. The line for the tram was 30 minutes. I'm sure if we could have stayed we would have had the place to ourselves. It's a shame we didn't, because with traffic, it took us 4 hours to go 85 miles. :crying:

Fun day though, until the drive home!